Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Struggle within (help write a script via rp's) - interest/coordination

TheWarlock

Star
OK crazy bit of a idea (and i am still new to doing Role Playing stuff so forgive me if this request is to out in left field for anyone to be interested in but i had a idea and i wanted to at least give it a go at seeing if anyone would be interested.
I make films (no not the dirty kind before anyone asks) i have 1 particular film that is still very early in the stages of the script being written for it and i REALLY want to get this thing finished up and have a certain edge to it . I have a vision going into the film but am lacking a few things
1) and this is the main one this film has a LOT of different characters with VERY different style to each and i am struggling to really hit a authentic edge for some of the characters in my opinion (for example personally i am a rocker and having a hard time writing lines that feel natural for a ditsy blond cheerleader or a nerdy character or a jock with that modern rap style attitude) usually i can fake it along good enough with other character but this film i just want to come out as good as possible that i really would rather give up the control of writing lines for certain characters so that others can bring them to life and get different personalities to really get into the characters and bring them to life.

ok so what i am thinking of here is getting a bunch of people together to each take one (or a few) characters each and play out the scenes as we go. i have the first few chapters of script material already written to get it started so you would be jumping into the characters from where i left off (BUT i also am open for changing lines from the start of it if you see something that is really not the way you think the character should be acting)

now i know a lot of you prefer Longer posts when you RP but due to how many characters there are AND looking for the realism of conversations (when you have say 7 people in a room how often will each person talk out a paragraph worth of text for each response)

my request is this talk long when your character is in the right to do so OR type up longer things to describe what your character is doing even to say what look they have on there face or whatever. be creative with it. but don't worry about having to ALWAYS post something big.

at the end i will compile it all together and give a final edit to it (trying not to change much unless its something that either conflicts with a major piece of the story OR is to hard to put into film)

In return for taking time to write this with me i offer up this Full credit on the character(s) you wrote for in the credits of the film when it's made (IF you want credit and i can understand if you don't as well but i am offering it to those who think it would be cool to have) and also i offer something that may or may not mean much but it is this MY SIMPLE THANK YOU FOR YOUR TIME AND EFFORT.

now to cross this off the list don't bother joining in on this if....
You don't think you would be 100% interested in following through till its done. You don't play well with others (we want to work as a team not fighting to be the top writer or one to always get the last word in) , and def don't get involved if you don't care about the character you are going to play i want authentic characters that are written for with feeling and true emotion. and please also do not get involved if you can't commit to posting at least once every day or every other day and know sometimes there will be scenes your character will not be needed in so you may not always have to post. some characters have VERY little part of the film so if you want to only be involved briefly and want to do one of those characters i can always let you know when we get to the scene (s) that involve that character.

i will post in a comment to this with a brief description of the background to the story and a general idea of the roles that i have in mind for it SO FAR (more characters still need to be added in)

ALL serious questions PM's or anything else about this will be answered i have no problem answering silly small questions no matter what so PLEASE don't be afraid to ask as many questions as you have to in order to decide if this is something you would want to do or not.,sorry for the HUGE post i wanted to be clear and give as in depth a idea of what i am looking for right away again i hope this is ok that i put this idea out there and hope to find some people who are game to give this a try.

RE: Struggle within (help write a script via rp's)

lol i know this post was long just wondering if any one has actually been reading it all the way through or just glancing and passing it over? i'd really like to give this a go so i hope someone is interested..

Krys Snape said:
I'd be interested in playing Trevor

thanks Krys i updated the list above so that Trevor is listed as taken. Look forward to starting this up and seeing how it turns out once we have enough people on board.

so far only 3 people interested (including myself) in this so still looking for more anyone ? also if your willing to play multiple characters roles let me know that as well as i have a feeling getting a separate person for each character may be hard.

sorry i haven't been on here to recently hope your still interested in this idea. by making peter cynical what did you have in mind if you want shoot me a message with a general idea of how you would see writing the character. Kadavro the idea is basically everyone take 1 or a few characters to write out there parts to basically playing out the way you normally would with a role play with just a quick guide to each scene and then everyone basically comes up with what there character would do/say during each scene . now i already had the first 4 or 5 scenes written out before i posted on here which i can start us off with basically the introductions of all the characters then after what i was up to everyone jumps in and takes over there characters from there. and i am open to even changing around parts of what i all ready had written up to fit who is writing the parts of a character if they feel certain things didn't fit how they feel there character would react. @ Krys Snape are you still looking to write as Trevor and are you wiling to write any other characters as well?

Yeah man, still interested, but I kinda want to make Peter that nerdy guy who doesn't really have any motivation to... care. About anything, really. He'll care for important things, but otherwise, he couldn't give a fuck. Fresh out. He'd also be the most socially awkward of the group, I think. Not really knowing how to talk to other people the proper way, more often than not choosing computers, technology and seclusion over anything else.

Also a big fan of Law & Order.

Please move all character profiles into a thread in the Character Profiles section. If you need people to review the roles required, just link them to the CP thread.

-BWA.

The Struggle Within

(Description)

is about a group of young people ( mostly all high school age) who each have there own reasons for being known as outcasts or unpopular. They find the only way to survive the hard reality of life is to come together despite any differences they have and stand up together to those who try to put them down. This film will touch on some sensitive and controversial topics (examples included homophobia, child abuse, rape, drugs, and a number of other things). for a example think of foxfire (with Angelina Jolie ) but with both male and female character and being a LOT more edgy

You can get a pretty good feel for some of the plot angles by looking over the character descriptions and i am open to discus things further. Also anyone who wants to write for one or more of the characters i can send what i had written out prior to thinking of doing it this way basically the introductions of a number of characters i already had written up but if anything feels like it needed to be changed once i send that to everyone i am open for editing any of the which is needed and then we can start from there and continue on.

as for the start before thinking of doing this RP to put it together i wrote out the first few scenes which introduced all the main characters and how they meet up which i could send to everyone interested and we can see if any of it needs to be rewritten to fit how certain people would prefer there character to act/talk and then from there it's pretty open to move on however we all feel up to. i have a few plot points for certain parts of the story but overall it is pretty open to whatever we all come up with. but as far as knowing each other before hand most of them didn't know each other until they met up when a fight occurred outside of the high school. i got to find the disc that has first few scenes typed up on it and then i can send it over to you i'll try and find it asap to anyone who wants a better idea of where i saw the characters starting out from.

This is interesting! I love the idea you have going so far and I would love to participate if that's fine with you.

I'm interested in playing Patty Lemay. I do realize playing her would be quite difficult since I've never in my life experienced or witnessed such a thing. However, I am very determined to put myself in her shoes and make it happen for you. I am so ready. :)

Also, is Patty's father only physically abusive or is he sexually abusive as well? If he is, does he sexually abuse the mother and/or Patty?

You are more then welcome to join the more the better :) . And sure you can play Patty . As far as the abusiveness goes Her stepbrother is physical/verbal abusive as far as the stepfather idk he is verbally abusive for sure but beyond that idk probably just verbally i think as far as he goes but again i want people to bring the characters to life the way they see it best so i guess it partly depends on who plays his character in our RP and how they imagine his character being.

Oh, okay! If you have any extra information, let me know! I'm really interested. c:

Back
Top Bottom