Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

January Critique Session

WriteMood

Super-Earth
Heads up Blue Moon Rpers! I'm pleased to announce that the weekend of Friday, January 13th - Sunday, January 15th, I'll be available to look over and critique anyone's work who is willing. Starting Friday morning and ending Sunday night, I'll be accepting work that adheres to the below. I'm making one change: PM's were difficult to do. I'd prefer if you e-mailed me your document as an attachment so I can use what is called Track Changes. This works with any Microsoft Word program or Open Office.

Please pay attention to the following:

Work must be no longer than 6 paragraphs (roughly half a page normal-sized font if posted in a Word Document) long. Please do not send a large block of text without paragraph breaks.

Work has to be fiction, but can be anything from a sweet YA to an erotic adult story. (Sorry, children's stories, while awesome, aren't accepted by Breathless Press)

Please send your work via e-mail. I will return your work with any comments or helpful changes by midnight Sunday (East Coast US time) at the latest. Please make the subject "Blue Moon Crit" so I know you aren't an acquisition submission and can give you priority. My e-mail is deadra.krieger@breathlesspress.com

Stories do not have to be complete to submit but if the story is not complete, please make a note of that in your message.

If you work has great potential, you could receive an invitation to submit your entire story to Breathless Press for consideration to publish.

Please, only one story per person (to keep it fair). I will be running these crits every couple of months, so don't stress; If you can't make it this time, there is always next time.

Please remember that the critiques you receive in return are meant to be helpful. They are, in no way, an attack on yourself or your writing preference. If you do not feel you can take an honest crit, please do not submit. If, however, you believe you can handle it, BRING IT! I will never, ever say "This sucks!". That is not a critique and is not helpful.

**Note: All works are considered sole property of their author. They will not be shared, publicly posted, or tampered with in any way that violates the user's permission. By submitting your work, you are agreeing to receive a professional critique from a qualified editor. Submitting your work in no way guarantees publication.

Good luck and best regards! ~ D. F. Krieger

Just a reminder, this Friday through Sunday I'll be doing critiques. I'm really looking forward to seeing what you Blue Mooners are capable of. One of the members received a contract offer and is now an author because of the last critique session. I'm hoping to see some more talented writing!

Today's the day! If you can't use Microsoft Word to send me a file, shoot me a pm and we'll work something out. I understand not everyone has good ol' Word. Otherwise, make sure your e-mail has "Blue Moon Crit" as the subject so I can prioritize your e-mail. :)

Last day for crits! If you want to get in on this, you'd better hurry. Crits are closing in 9.5 hours!

Back
Top Bottom