Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

{{ taℓιи }} ℓιfє... αfтєя уσυ. {{ ναℓιєитρι¢кℓє }}

Talin

Supernova
Noel woke up, alone. Something was missing. That something was big and irreplaceable.

She rolled onto her back and stared at the ceiling. Every intake of breath burned her lungs. Though she didn’t know it she had once been to hell. The only man she would ever love was a fallen angel, he served the devil and yet she loved him. There was a lot she didn’t know about herself. Once upon a time she was an angel, but something had happened and she gave up her life for his. Her punishment was sentenced to life after life of loving him... Each lifetime she lived they always found one another, someway.

It was the morning of her 21st birthday, the day of her awakening. Her soul knew it was time, but the human it resided in knew nothing. “Noah…” she whispered. The name filled the emptiness for a moment. She wasn’t sure where the name came from or who it belonged to but speaking it out loud stirred something in her soul. With a confused groan she sat up. Baby blue eyes flitted out and around her small room.

Each time she was born something happened to her parents; death, disease, disappearances and disaster. It was always something, but she never realized this.

Work beckoned and looking at the time, it sent her scurrying for clothes. The librarian wouldn’t be happy if she showed up late, again. Her soul longed for his, cried out for his. Rushing she made it to work just in time, tugging her long golden hair up into a ponytail. Smiling she moved to the cart and began shelving the returns. The human began counting down to the end of the day, while the angel inside counted down to the moment she would see him. Noel could always lose herself in a good book, loved the slip of her fingers sliding over the heavy pages. The smell of an old book made her happy, that was probably why she volunteered in the vaults.

They were where they kept all the old volumes, scripts and gold edged amazing works. Just the smell of the room made her quiver with delight. A smile to her face she walked the spiral stone steps to what she fondly referred to as the dungeon. her sneakers barely made a sound as she travelled down flipping lights on as she went. Everyone else found the place scary, yet Noel had no problem with it. Her eyes followed the book shelves stacked high with books. The gold edged one she held in her arms had a special spot. Gliding the rolling ladder to the spot she needed she tucked the book away. Climbing back up the stairs he watched her. Had she turned around she’d have seen him, his favorite adored her and each time he tried to keep them apart. Nothing could stop them, or could it? As she turned to look over her shoulder one last time she smiled and flipped the last switch. He was a vapor by now, dissipating back into the depths of hell. He could look for Noah but knew he’d already be gone for her

There she was. It was her, there was no arguing. The scence played out in front of him like it had many times before. Oh yes, it has played out many times but it was never exactly the same. The human side was always different. But the angel side, the side Noah loved was the same. The day was sunny and the clouds were sparce. The morning light reflected everything and right into the eyes of the fallen angel. The fallen angel, who was saved many years ago by the girl he was staring at now. His colorless eyes pressing a permanent image of her in his mind. He stood there, his enourmous black wings folded behind him. Of, course, to everyone looking at him they saw a normal human. Some of the more ignorant couldn't see him altogether. But he wasn't there to talk to them. Maybe she couldn't see him either. Everytime was different with her, and right now, only the thin glass separated them. She scurried around placing books where they belonged. Ironic, since she probably didn't know where she belonged. Noah didn't know how to describe her appearance. It wasn't that she wasn't beautiful, she was, but it was only a husk. A shell that contained the real beauty of her soul. Besides... he'd seen her a long time ago...

If only Noah had such a soul. Instead his was twisted and tainted. It was tortured and desperate. He wanted nothing more than the shatter this glass and talk to her. But he knew better. If she regonized him or refused him, he would still feel the same. Everytime she appeared again Noah was forced to watch her grow up, unable to stop loving her. She would eventually love him back, but was that really anything to be happy about? Her love was a result of a crime, saving him. Loving him life after life was her punishment. A punishment. Why else would someone like her love a taker of lives such as him? It's not like God's angels didn't have thier share of blood on thier hands. Especially Michael, God's pet Archangel. Whenever times of war came he was the first out. His love of war is fine in God's eyes? But the minute an angel decides to save someone he's cast out?

That's what happened to Noah. A girl's life was set to end on a certain day. Noah had watched. She was so full of life, how would it possibly end? Then on her way home from picking berries, a man approached her. He was in love with her, but she had never seen him before. She refused his love and he proclaimed that if he couldn't have her then no one could. He attempted to kill her. Then Noah did something he should never do. He took the attacker's life and saved the girl. You are a defender of the peace, but you aren't allowed to undo what is written. Noah did just that and was cast out. A fallen angel, but a hero. That girl never knew what had happened, but she was beautiful.
And there she stood, putting books back on the shelf.

Noel felt eyes upon her, but that was “normal” for her. Ever since she could remember, she had felt like she was being watched. It wasn’t scary to her. It was like someone was looking out for her. Hearing her name, she spun. The movement caused the skirt of her light blue simple dress to flair and swirl about her knees. “Yes, may I help you?” She faced a shorter woman than herself, wrinkled and smiling. Listening to the woman’s request she moved around the building to help her find what it was she sought. Once done with that she grabbed the cart and began putting the newest returns away. The feeling of being watched returned, more intensely causing her heart to palpitate even harder in her chest than it already was.

As she had done many times before she turned to see who it was. Her heart in her throat she stared back at the man. He was older than she, but not by much or so she would have assumed. Intense blue orbs scorched past her reserves and straight into her soul. Something in her said run from while another part said run to. Perplexed she knitted her brows a moment. She smiled shyly at him and turned back to her books. There was something in her that told her she knew him. Shrugging she went about her job, glancing over her shoulder or around book shelves she saw he was there each time. There was no smile and no frown upon his lips as he stood there, she noticed.

Had she made him mad? She pondered this quietly and then tossed the thought aside, she didn’t know him. Finally once the last book was placed she smiled at the man and moved toward the door, “Pat I need some fresh air I’ll be back in a few.” Not waiting for a response she hurriedly pushed through the doors and drank in the sunshine. She sank to the bench. Eyes were still on her, even though she didn’t see him. It was a nice day, if she sat still enough she could hear the birds singing in the distance. Probably on one of the branches of the tree that sat a few yards in front of her. “It’s much nicer out here than stuck in there with all those books, wouldn’t you agree?” she asked angling her body on the bench so she could see him. She smiled warmly as her eyes flitted over him, trying to place his face.

Noah's breath made semi-transparent ovals on the glass as his face got closer. The girl in front of him began to feel like she was being watched. He could tell, why? Because he always caused that sort of reaction. The old woman was being led around by the girl, the whole time enjoying it. He would enjoy it, that bastard. That little old lady took every oppertunity to glance at Noah when the librarian wasn't looking. It boiled his blood and made Noah want to break in there and strangle the old lady. He didn't change his expression however, not flinching an inch. that would only be admiting defeat.
But that wasn't an old lady at all was it? No, for as soon as his distraction left, the old lady was nowhere to be seen. But now a handsome man stood behind Noah. Dressed in a startling white three piece suit. It was a long dead fashion. There was a smug grin on this man's face and he placed a hand on Noah's shoulder.
"Did you enjoy yourself?" Noah said out loud.
The handsome man laughed. "Oh yes, quite. You're so predictable. You've known her for so long and you still can't approach her." the man stood beside Noah and joined in staring at the girl. "You don't even know her name yet. There's still time to turn back."
"No thanks," Noah replied. "Stay away from her."
"I'm sure you know who you're talking to."
"I well aware of you. So is she, she shouldn't be."
The handsome man laughed again, getting a few stares. The man crossed his arms. "We're not done." Then he was gone.

That was him, always trying to tear the two of them apart. He was crafty and if he ever got her to love him first... then Noah would have no reason to watch her anymore. The girl turned and saw him. Noah didn't bat an eyelash and when she smiled at him, he gave a little nod. After that she would glance at him every couple of minutes but these times he made no attempt to aknowledge them. He knew it was only a matter of time before she either came outside... or called the cops.
Thankfully after what seemed like an eternity, she came outside. He kept staring straight ahead into the library so he didn't freak her out with his unblinking stare. She sat down on a bench near him. He felt his heart skip a beat. It always did, without fail. She asked him a question. Noah smiled and said, "I don't know. I like books." and looked at her. "But it would be a shame to read all day without enjoying the sunlight."
He looked at her wondering if she knew who he was or not. It was agonizing. With all the time Noah spent watching her you would expect that he would know alot about her. But he didn't. He only ever watched her when he had the time. With the bug D watching him all the time, it was rare. If the handsome man was so desperate why didn't he try earlier in her life before she would come to love him? Could it be that the Devil of all people had some sort of sense of fair play? Not likely. "Do you enjoy working here?" He asked.

She watched as he kept his eyes on the innards of the library, this was a mistake. He’d only been looking for someone else when she thought he’d been looking at her. Noel turned her head and body, facing forward. He humored her with a response. It was then she felt his eyes on her and turned back his way. She smiled, the amazing blue of his eyes made her heartbeat quicken. It was as though his eyes pierced her soul. Even if she wanted to… she wouldn’t have been able to look away.

Her cheeks reddened under his viewing; “Exactly what I say…” she trailed off. Her mind was unable to think, her soul was trying to take over… screaming at her to open her eyes and know. He stood their smiling and gazing at her. Guys like him didn’t just walk around and talk to gals like her. She stood, every intention of walking back inside the library, if only her legs would follow through with it. The question caught her off guard, but the answer was already forming in her head and she didn’t even have to give it that much thought. “Yes,” she gushed, smiling widely letting her dimples appear.

“I’m in charge of the older books, I adore them..” she pursed her lips in thought and averted her eyes to the heavens, though she never really thought of her thinking face. “But I have no idea why, I just do.” she laughed now and smoothed her palms down her dress. “Do you enjoy whatever it is that you do…UM? Well I’m Noel, you would be?” She wasn’t smooth or brave when it came with men, she preferred to be shy. Even when they openly stared or flirted with her, so she wasn’t sure why today was different… Why him and why now? Her soul screamed out to Noah as he stood in front of the woman. Begging him to take her in his arms and make the body submit.

Noah stopped staring at her, his mind focusing on the mna he'd just talked to. What would happen if, even one time she didn't love him? Would her punishment end? Would she be free to live a normal life, free of the fate that would await her everytime she was born? If he was correct, there was still time to turn back. Noah didn't know if he was ready to give this up yet. But who was he to decide? Maybe she wanted to keep loving him. Noah certainly wanted to keep loving her. But was it ok to do it really? Noah thought of these questions everytime he saw her. But now it was stronger than ever. His glanced at his simple white shirt. It betrayed the complex fallen angel that wore it.

He glanced at her as she stood up. Disappointed, but not entirely unexpected. Truthfully he would have called the cops in her position. A guy staring at you through the window is rarely ever good. Not that Noah would be there if they arrived.
So she was in charge of the older books huh? That was... symbolic. Considering her souls great age. The human in her probably didn't know. It was always difficult seperating the human from the Angel. Then she asked for his name. Revealing hers to be Noel. It suited her, the names always did. He could tell her his real name, and set the whole process in motion. Or he could tell her a fake name and leave without ever letting him know. He wanted her to love him, but ddn't want it to be forced. He still needed time to think about it. So for now...
"Tyler. Call me Tyler. I work construction and today is my day off." He told her. He felt kinda bad to lie, but he could always make up some excuse and tell her the truth later if he changed his mind.
"Nice to meet you."

(Blarg! I drew another blank.))

Pretending she hadn’t seen the disappointment on his face she turned looking at the brick façade that covered the library. He wanted bigger breasts and more exuberant personality, she was sure that was what his look said. “Nice to meet you as well, Tyler.” Obviously he wasn’t interested, apparently she looked better further away and when seen up close she wasn’t that cute. Sighing she ran a hand up her head, making sure her hair was in place. “Well I guess break is over, better get back in there.” She wasn’t sure whether she should say bye or anything so she just waved and ducked back into the building.

The day was pretty smooth; near the end of her shift the little old lady was back, tucking her arm in Noel’s she spoke of her grandson and how he was a delight. Noel simply nodded, the elderly woman was obviously lonely and a busy body. Patting her hand she led her to the section she wanted. Later she checked her out and found she was insistent. “I’ll set it up with my Luke and he’ll come pick you up. May I have your address dear?”

Noel smiled at the woman, sure that her “grandson” like Tyler would not be interested, but the lady seemed almost giddy about it. Writing down the address with a flourish she passed over the paper. “You said tonight, are you sure he isn’t already busy?” The older lady only smiled and clucked her tongue.

Noel shook her head and finished up her shift, restocking the shelves. She dressed for her “date” easily. Brown slacks and a pale blue sweater, the v of the neckline showing off the lace underlay and some cleavage, but not much. She waited around her heel tapping the floor in nervous anticipation. when the appointed time approached she walked down to wait outside. Expecting disaster.

Noah watched as she bid him a quick farewell and walked back into the library. She seemed... upset. Maybe he had been a little creepy. He was a man she had supposedly never met before today, staring at her through a window. She got back to work instantly and she never looked back at him. It was just as well, he needed to leave anyway. Noah stepped back and his black wings unfolded. His hair started blowing in a powerful wind that noone else felt, and with a powerful thrust, he flapped his wings and disappeared without a single person noticing. If only he had stuck around. He might have seen what was the most slickest and sneakiest move he could have thought of.

Luke, that was the name he was going by now. It wasn't a fancy name, it suited him just perfectly. After all this handsome man he saw in the mirror was none other then the devil himself. Lucifer, El Diablo, whatever you wanted to say. It all came back to him. Right now he was dressing for a date. Sure he'd set up the date himself, but that wasn't the point. The point was to humiliate. Who? Noah, the only one this girl would ever love. Everytime... every damn time Noah got her. He would appear and the girl would come to love him without trying. Because she truly loved him all along. But not now, not this time. Luke would appeal to her, he would make her human side love him. Then when she was completely devoted to him he would have her sell her soul to him. Luke fastened his tie. He woke a black dress shirt and pants. His wife tie dangled above the sink as he looked at his own reflection. She was the only thing standing between him and Noah's destruction. Love is powerful, until you devote it to someone else. But he wouldn't just kill him... no... he wanted to humiliate him... he would make him suffer and see the girl he loved abandon him.

Luke walked out of his hotel room and took the elevator to the lobby. He walked out to the parking lot while laughing. A couple who was passing shyed away from him. His black lamborghini. Who would have though it? Oh yes, almost everyone alive would assume he drove this car.
Luke drove to the address without looking at the paper. He knew where it was. He pulled up to her place, seeing her outside already. He parked the car and got out. His hair was shining and his physique showed well through the shirt. She dressed up well, it could be both casual and formal, mush like what he was wearing. He approached her and said, "You must be Noel?" Luke took her hand and kissed it like a true gentleman. "I am Luke. My grandmother told me about you. I'm sorry if she was an nuisance."

After her shower Noel had let her hair dry naturally, the effect on her look from librarian to date wasn’t so astounding, but she did want to look her best. Her light jacket covered her a little more but the wind blowing caused her hair to ruffle slightly in the wind as she stood there waiting. Seeing the fancy car turn the corner she smiled and thought, like I would get that lucky. Though as the car slowed to a stop she could only stare. The whiny lady upstairs was rude and crude yet she always had the most gorgeous of men to have fun with. Noel crossed her arms and ignored the car.

Hearing a car door close she closed her eyes and adjusted the handle of the purse strap in her hand. Opening her soft blue eyes she swallowed hard, Ohmigoddd. Her mind went into overdrive as the driver stepped out, he moved like a panther in a human’s body as he stalked forward. Her eyes moved over him taking all of it in. Inside her heart was beating incredibly fast and her thoughts were racing. Had she listened to that little inner voice it would have told her to run away and NEVER look back, her soul knew the man well. She smiled and needed to keep from drooling, somehow. She held out her hand to him expecting only a shake, “Yes…” Her knees went weak as his lips brushed over her skin; she might have been a virgin, but her thoughts were purely sinful.

Recover, say something. Silently she chided herself. Smiling she kept her hand secured in his grip, “She was fine, a real sweetheart. Though a bit upset when we didn’t have the book she was looking for. She’s a bit devious.” She laughed and licked her dry lips daintily. “So Luke, what is the plan tonight?” od could he get any handsomer, he looked like a model and it caused her stomach to get knotted up. This was the only date she was headed on where at the end of the night she wanted him to kiss her. Lips tingling in response she smiled and tilted her head at him, thankful he couldn’t read her thoughts.

Luke let a coy smile come over his face. "Yes, she can be quite persistant." he said. Of course she was persistant. If he hadn't been, she would have passed up this oppertunity. Luke let her hand down gently. " Had planned on going out for some food. Do you like seafood?" He asked. Truth be told he didn't know whether or not she liked seafood. But it was as good a gambit as any. Of all the things the humans had decided to do, seafood was by far the best. The trip from Hell was worth it just for that. The resturant he'd picked out was pretty expensive, but still a place where you didn't have to have a three-thousand dollar suit to eat in. Of course, if he had wanted to, he could afford such a place. He could basically do whatever he wanted. Who was to say otherwise? The place they were going to was meant specifically for dating couples and the perfect place to pop the famous question. But for now that wasn't his intent. For now he just needed to be on her good side. "I must confess Noel. I didn't expect you to look so... ravishing." he said looking into her eyes. Unlike her, he didn't have a beating heart. For him, most of it was an act. He crossed over to the passenger side of his car and opened up the door. "Shall we?"

From across the street sat a man. He lazily sat in the chair as he gazed at a man picking up a girl for a date. He was dressed in a flowing black robe that hid his eyes. a scythe blade firmly implanted in the ground. Luke, he wasn't tired of that name yet? Noah switched positions in the chair and pulled a sucker out of his pocket. He popped it in his mouth. Well... he didn't waste time, that was for sure. Noah heard someone open the front door of the house he was hiding behind. A fat man appeared and spotted him immediately.
"Hey... who are you?" He aske. "You better leave or I'll--"
The man's word got stuck in his throat. Then he suddenly fell over. Noah didn't want to take this man's life. But that was his job. He should have chewed instead of talking with his mouth open. That would be the official report anyway.
Noah looked at Noel. Right now she couldn't even see him. Noah took the scythe blade at his side and stood up. Sure he had played with the man a little bit. Being able to see your reaper before you die is a rare thing. This man should be grateful. Noah held the scythe high and severed the man's soul from his body.

Noel smiled at him, though blushed when she realized she still held his hand. A mumbled apology left her lips and she smiled. Having grown up in foster homes she had never had the finer side of things, “The extent of my knowledge of seafood, would be fish sticks…” she bit her lower lip, she knew he was out of her league, it was a nice try for the grandmother. “Would you be willing to guide me through, the meal?” She wasn’t sure he heard her, he commented on her looks. Turning three shades of red she smiled, beamed rather, up at him.

“Thank you Luke,” Her blue eyes met his dark orbs and flashes of his half naked body pressed against hers filled her head and she gasped, ever so slightly. Blinking at him she watched as he opened the door for her. “Yes, we shall.” she slid into the car seat and waited for him to close the door. Watching him round the vehicle she got an even better look at him. What did one do, to keep a man like this theirs? This was the question she kept asking herself before his door popped open and in he slid. Smiling widely she turned in her seat and clicked her seat belt into place.

Although Noel didn’t see him her soul could sense him, her soul had a name… a long time ago she still used it but the human’s never did. Ariane tried controlling the girl but it was no use. Ari reigned over only a small portion. Screaming was of no use and she couldn’t control the girl’s heart. Already the images in Noel’s head were enough to sicken Ari, but she really had no say in the matter. She got the girl to look out the window, but then Noel had caught sight of HIM again instead of Noah. Still she wondered why Noah would lie to her. It wasn’t like him, had he given up on her. Ari didn’t want that, she wanted him, yearned for him. This human girl was ruining everything.

Luke started the car. The engine roared to life and he adjusted the rear view mirror. He glanced over at the house where Noah was. He suppressed a smile, but he shot icey cold daggers at Noah, who stared back. The car was put in gear and Luke began the drive to the resturant. He would guide her through the meal all right. In fact, Luke had this whole thing planned out. But of course you must allow for errors, especially in this delicate matter. Noah there wouldn't just sit by and let him chat up is girl. No, he would show up. It wasn't rocket science. Noah was pathetically predictable. Luke let himself laugh a little bit. His pure confidence showing in the way he held himself. The way he moved made every action look deliberate and thought out. All humans were easy to manipulate. Right now Luke was just trying to think about how he could drag his fun on through the entire night. "I hope the place I picked is good. I'm sure you get all kinds of dates. I wanted to be unique." He told her. For now he would stroke her ego. He would get her to be comfortable, then pounce.

Noah watched the car pull away. The stare he had given him made him all the more angry. Luke thought he had it all figured out. that Noah would come to the rescue. But right now, he wasn't even certain. If that's what was expected of him, then he would be playing right into his hands. Not to mention Noel would be all the more creeped out by him. Which is probably what he was counting on in the first place. No... for now the best thing to do is to just let the date run it's course. Noah still stood over the dead body. The man's wife, completely oblivious to Noah, was scrambling to call an ambulance. Noah let his black wings fold out. His robe bellowed around him and with one flap of the powerful wings he stood outside the resturant.

He watched as the two pulled up. He could feel her. Ariane. She must be panicking right now. Who could blame her? Noah kept out of sight. He didn't need Luke seeing him and doing anythng that might force an action on Noah's part. If fact, Noah began feeling that coming was a bad idea all together. But hw couldn't leave. He needed to let Ari know that he was still here. He was still here even if he had been having some misgivings. He sat down on a bench and kept an eye on the twou out of the corner of his eye. Bad idea or not, he was here and had to go through with it.

Noel sat in the car, hands folded in her lap and face forward. Though her eyes darted about the vehicle and watched the male at her side. Shocked a bit, his grandmother had set her up with a certified hottie. Never in a million years would she have taken a date from a grandmother. Not that It was because of the men she got; in fact this was her first official date ever. She’d been on group outings but she’d worked too hard to stop and smell the roses, so to speak. Her mind was mulling over the turn of events when he spoke, breaking into her thoughts.

She laughed, “Yeah… something like that.” Smiling at him her hand patted his forearm. “Trust me, you are.” Biting her lip she turned her head and looked out the window, her face was slightly red. Getting control of herself she turned back to him. “Tell me a little about yourself, I mean you know where I work not sure what else, if anything your grandmother said.” she smiled at him again; she didn’t realize her hands was still on his forearm.

Ariane had been one of the Father’s favorites. She was a guardian angel and great at what she was commissioned to do. Her human was a scheduled to die; Ari knew this and was slated to guide them to the heavens, when a reaper showed up. Reapers were not heaven sent; they were the ones that came to claim the devil’s souls. Ari knew it was a mistake and fought for her soul. The reaper was Noah. Soon they were meeting more frequently and on purpose. She was warned against it, but there was something about him. What started off as innocent became something more. Though her body was gone, the same spirit resided within this new human body.

Ari wasn’t sure why he tarried, he’d never before. He’d always rushed forward to claim her. She would always be his, always loved him and it was easy to talk the body and heart to follow when her spirit and his were so close. One touch of the lips was all it normally took, the girls before were smitten, however he never lied, and he always introduced himself and made his move on the first date. More bold then he’d been when they first met, as Ari made the first move and kissed him. Causing the human’s body to quake with her fury she raged, Lucifer had never stepped into the picture and it worried her.

Luke looked at the girl sitting in the seat next to him. It was impossible for him to tell if the angel inside had any say in what the human half was doing. If so that could complicate a few things. But right now she seemed to be smitten with him. He couldn't hide his smile as he looked over to Noel. That's right. People had jobs they did everyday. Luke had never thought of that. What could he tell her that would sound attractive. "I'm a doctor." He said. Yeah, that's it. Doctors were educated and successful. Didn't evey mother want thier baby daughter to end up with a doctor? Luke smiled again.
"I work nights most of the time. I had today off and my grandmother had the curtesy of setting this up for me." Luke kept thinking but didn't think there was anything else to say. So he changed the subject to her. "My grandmother told me you worked at the library. That's about the extend of my information. What do you do there?"
Luke saw the resturant coming up and pulled into a parking space. He waited for her response before getting out of his car. He walked around the car and opened the door for her. "Don't worry. I'll guide you through it all."

Noah was still sitting on the Bench. Ariane might be angry. That's definitely is not what he wanted. Why was he being so difficult? Maybe... maybe he wanted Lucifer to win. If he did, and Ari still loved him that would mean she truly did love him. But if she did only like him because of her punishment. He remembered how they first met. He knew that he should do something but couldn't bring himself to do it. He loved her deeply but the feeling that her love was a lie hurt him. Not only might he find out her love was false if Lucifer took her first kiss, but it would mean he'd lose her forever. Noah pulled a red apple from his robes. His favorite food. Knowing Luke, he would wait to take the kiss. Make her beg for it and have Noah scrambling to try to fix what he's done wrong. Because he already messed up. by lying to her. Noah tore his eyes away. His chest hurt. "Sorry..." he muttered. But maybe he could let Ari know he cares without actually saying anything. Noah took a bite of the red apple. He made up his mind.

Noel’s jaw almost dropped; of course he was a doctor. She pinched her thigh to make sure she wasn’t dreaming. Shaking of the daze she blinked and looked at him. “I work in the dungeon,” she giggled. “It’s where we keep our old volumes, scrolls and ancient works. I’m in charge of the older books.” She suddenly felt foolish and her cheeks flamed. Smiling she opened her mouth to ask him a question when she realized they were there. Smiling as he opened her door. She took his hand and stepped from the vehicle, she felt like she was the queen.

Her body ached in ways she’d never known possible, she felt like such a harlot. He was the first male to take her on a date; she couldn’t sleep with him on a first date. Could she? Smiling up at him she allowed him to guide her into the restaurant and sat across from him as he once again pulled her seat out. Crossing her legs she brushed her foot against his leg and blushed. It was purely accidental, right? This from the girl who was, in her head, debating on sleeping with him already and they hadn’t even ordered yet. “So what kind of doctor are you?”

Ariane wanted to strangle the body she was in; Lucifer was just eating this up. If she had fingers she’d have shoved them in her ears that of course would have been if she had ears as well. The whore of a woman she was attached to was a virgin and already she was willing to spread her legs and let him have at it. Could it get worse? Of course it could, who was she kidding he was the devil? Heck if she’d been a human or even an angelic being again she may have fallen for him. He was hot, but Noah… Noah was Noah and he was amazing. What the hell was his problem now?

Luke almost tuned out her words. He knew where she worked. However he kept up his smile and didn't attempt to interrupt her. She was a nice girl. The human side anyway. Luke was laughing inwardly thinking of how much Noah's little angel was enjoying herself right now. He pulled her seat out for her and after he sat down his leg brushed up against her foot. Maybe Luke moved his foot to help, maybe not. Luke wanted to know what this girl was thinking. he wanted to know what was making her tick. But he was sure he would find all that out in due time.
"I'm a hematologist. I specialize in blood and such." he told her. Of all the things he could have said this is what he picked. He might have picked brain surgeon, but there needed to be some kind of realistic thing about him. Well ok there didn't have to. But it was so much more fun then just going in for the kill instantly.

Noah was still outside. He knew what he was going to do. It was just a matter of waiting until the right time. He couldn't really see them in the resturant anymore, but he would know if something went wrong. His next life to be taken wasn't for a long while yet. He tossed the apple in the air and caught it. Over and over, just repeating the same motion. It was like it was becoming a nervous habit. Ugh, what was he doing? Noah could see himself busting in there and tearing the place up. An amusing thought to say the least. People screaming to see a fully clothes and armed reaper smashing tables and fighting Lucifer. But Noah would lose bad. Nope, his only choice was to outsmart the guy. It's been known to happen a few times in history. Of course Lucifer was crafty himself, tricking even god on one occasion. Remember the dark ages, yeah, that was thanks to the guy chatting up Noel now. What a prick.

Noel smiled at him as she spoke, he was so handsome how any woman in their right mind could say they wouldn’t give up most anything to be with a HOT guy. She’d never been conceited before, never put must emphasis on it, ever. However, when staring at this marvelous creation before her she wanted to do anything within her power to keep him smiling and happy with her. Her face cringed; she’d imagined he was a selfless man that worked with kids. What woman didn’t love a hot doctor for their kid? “Hey you still serve your purpose right. And as long as it makes you happy,” she shrugged picking up her menu. “Then that is all that matters.”

Opening the menu to see what all was available she cringed, she had no clue there were this many kinds of seafood, let alone what it all meant. She stared at it a little while longer before folding it and reaching for her water glass. She drank; to wet her throat and help calm her overly wound body. “What would you suggest for a seafood virgin Luke?” She swung her foot out gently, searching for his leg or not she never really gave it much thought as her blue eyes danced in the light surrounding them. Even if it only happened to be one date, she would be thankful she had even that, as most women never had this kind of man before them.

Ariane couldn’t even tell if Noah’s sorry ass was around or not, her anger blocked every sense. Every time the girl tried to touch “Luke” she wished sjhe had a cattle prod to shock her. Lame la-ame LAME! she screamed into the depths of the girls empty shell. Willing herself to take control she tried. Had she succeeded she planned to throttle the demon before her into confession, just to show the stupid human she lived within who it was she was dealing with. Ariane had never remembered being this angry in her entire life. She wasn’t even sure who it was she was angry at. the girl hadn’t done anything, Noah had and now Luke had. Men, she grumbled inwardly.

Back
Top Bottom