Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Interested in Story?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Xiloscient

Moon
Good Morning/Afternoon/Evening, Blue Mooners! I've had an ad on here previously, and found a lovely partner or two. However, Life decided then to explode and I had to drop off the face of the earth for a bit. Space was... boring. Or something like that. Regardless, I'm back and looking for some specific things. Not so much ideas or characters, but standards! My search before was successful, albeit a very limited selection, but I'm expecting nothing different this time around either. I'm not mean, I'm not cruel, and I don't need you to be perfect.

What Am I Looking For?
*Elevated Understanding of English - I don't need you to type perfectly. I don't need you to never forget to punctuate. What I enjoy is a college level vocabulary. If you use a word I'm not familiar with, I'll adore you. I want someone that can challenge my own level of comprehension.

*Story - I want someone who isn't 100% concerned with their character getting laid/raped/whatever. Story, character progression, the desire to create something awesome. These are the hardest traits to find sometimes, and the most important to me. Yes, there will be adult elements (Sex, Violence, Death {Non-Sexual...}), because that's part of life. But I don't want the erotic to be your focus. This obviously favors long-term partners as well.

*Flexibility - There are times when I'll be around almost all day. There are times I won't be around at all that day. I'd like someone that wants to do Email/G-Doc RP, with possible IM RP (or planning) on the side. Either a side story, or just some quick story progression. I hold the IM RP standards lower than I do for Email/G-Doc.

*Flexibility Redux - This one involves character concepts, settings, and being able to multi-character if needed. I'm not looking for someone completely fresh into role-playing. I don't need someone that's been doing it forever but needs to port their only character into another story. That's not to say I won't play with someone that has an archetype they enjoy, but at least try and mold it into whatever realm we end up in, okay?

Now, I know I sound like an asshole with all these requirements. What gives me the right to demand all this from you, Dear Reader? I only ask what I can myself provide. I ask for proper English, I will do my utmost to give it back to you. I ask for Story? Well, I dearly love story and plot and character progression and development. I ask for plenty of flexibility? You'll get that and so much more from me. And I'm not mean if you misstep. I'm not gonna chew you out for using some slang, or abbreviations in our planning stages. I want to push you to your limits. I want to push my own. Let's find out how far we can go together, shall we?

What Interests Me? - Settings/Characters ~ Only somewhat organized by preference
*Generic Fantasy - My first writings were in this setting. I love a heroic quest where unlikely heroes are thrust together and must overcome dungeons and great evil. I personally love a dual-DM type role-play with this sort of thing, otherwise the story is very lopsided. Some OOC collaboration is definitely needed as the game would progress. As for characters, I'm a big fan of bending stereotypes for my characters in this setting. Clerics that act as pure damage dealers, a wizard that wishes he was a healer, etc etc.

*Modern Fantasy - This is a touchy one, because a lot of different ideas about what it is/could be have popped up lately. If you've read/watched The Dresden Files, that's my idea of Modern Fantasy. It allows for a lot of creativity, but it also attracts the most attention in the end. I'm not looking for a vampire sex story. I'm not looking for some Twilight knock off. Please don't come to me and ask for something like that. If you don't know TDF, then start thinking gritty. The world isn't nice, it's dangerous. I want some dark overtones with this one, something with plenty of... 'oomph'.

*Steampunk - I've only ever done one Steampunk story before, and it was a Western. But I'll be damned if it wasn't absolutely awesome. I'm very willing to explore this kind of setting more, whether it is modern steampunk, period steampunk, or futuristic steampunk. I'd like someone a bit more experienced with this setting to help guide me through it.

*Future/Sci-Fi - And speaking of future, what about it? I'm not sure. I don't know enough about Star Trek, Star Wars, BSG, etc to be able to pull from their stories/technology without a hell of a lot of research into it. I'm willing to tinker with this setting, either pulling from somewhere or even creating our own little tech ideas. The only "sci-fi" setting I'm very familiar with is Firefly. And that may be a little too sacred to touch with a fan-dom....

*Modern/Period - I'm not the biggest fan of realistic period or modern role plays, however the right concept can certainly hook me. A Mogul of some kind gets involved with a crime circle? Possibly interesting, tell me more. College freshman at college exploring their sexuality and freedom? Boring, please don't waste my time. Medieval? I don't know, I need more details. In this sort of setting, I'd be looking for something that isn't too cliché. For the right characters, or scenario I am more than willing to play it out. But if I turn it down, don't be surprised.

*Fan-Dom - What of using pre-existing worlds, and possibly characters? I'm iffy on this one, guys. I've done a few in the past (who hasn't?), and they don't usually turn out memorable. Unless it's a bad memorable. But we've all had those before. I would need some serious convincing to do anything in a pre-made world. "But Rhovan!" You might say, "you mentioned Dresden Files before!" This is true. However, I don't use Butcher's entire world... Most of the time. I pull lots of his ideas and lore, and creatures, and such. However, I can't name any one idea that he has about fantasy or magic that hasn't already been said elsewhere.

*Horror - This is something I'd like to give a shot this time around. Something dark, foreboding. This likely would be (mostly) non-erotic, but there could be a few opportunities for it. Normal people, with ghosts, demons, whatever. I want something suspenseful. I want something that could make you shiver after re-reading what we write. This is sort of a last resort, but if you've got a good idea for this... I most certainly want to see it.

What Interests Me? - Adult Play
This is much shorter. There aren't any ideas that I must have. I don't have any favorite kinks. There are things I enjoy above other things, but they don't matter to me all the time. I want the sexual scenes to fit into the story. I want them to grow organically. I don't want it to be the character's ultimate goal (for the most part). There are always exceptions to the rules, I suppose.

However, there are things I won't do. I won't do vore, or sexual gore, or sexual death. I won't do bathroom play. I won't do medium-heavy/heavy bondage. I won't do M/M sexual relations without serious convincing in the story. That's not to say I won't do M/M romance. I prefer heterosexual characters, and am comfortable playing both sides of the coin. I'm not a fan of Futa, nor full hermaphrodites, but can be swayed occasionally to have them involved.

Other than the no/maybe list above, I am willing to include anything.

Mildly Above Average Post By Email ~ Steampunk Western
Claire sat quietly, her bright green eyes staring out through the lone window in her former mentor's workshop. A soft smile creased her lips as she saw the makeshift grave in the backyard, eyes sparkling as the sunlight caught her gaze. A gentle brush of a hand shifted the dark cherry locks out of her gaze as she heard the 'special' knock on the outer door. It was someone who had heard about her wares. The young woman stood up slowly, her spine popping slightly at the moments. She had been sitting at the table for hours; almost completely still, hunched over the design she had been working on, before she had seen the world moving outside of the window. The small woman approached the door slowly, her eyes narrowing as she pulled open a small wooden slot in the door to peer out of it. She didn't recognize the man that stood before her, his hard eyes staring intently at her curious glare. Unexpected visitors were annoying enough, but add in interupting her while she worked? Well, that was completely uncalled for.

"Yes? Who sent you, and what are you here for?" Her voice was rapid, nearly faster than most people could listen, or even think sometimes. Before he could respond, she slammed the slot shut and cracked the door. "Come in, come in." She murmured softly, her eyes turning away from the man. Despite her trade, and practice, she was never afraid of them turning violence on her for some reason. Claire was sure some of them had thought about it. But despite her weapons being excellent, they didn't last forever. And they came to her for the best of the best. As she walked away from the man, she heard his heavy footfalls on the wooden floor. They were footsteps of a man convinced of what he had come for. She never asked for names, and they never gave them. It was a lovely buisness for someone as abstract as she was. Her thigh high boots clunked against the wood, somehow softer than his own. Her brown coat covered her backside completely, and allowed the delicate movements that she needed when creating her work.

"You know what I'm here for, Ruby." She winced silently at the name the community had given her. She hated it desperately. But it certainly was better than people knowing her name, she supposed. Claire nodded absently, leading him through the regular workspace and into the hidden room that lay behind it. Along the walls lined dozens upon dozens of weapons. Pistols, rifles, shotguns, and even things that couldn't be classified as anything except 'exotic', except perhaps even labeled as 'Ruby-ized'. The man looked at the items silently, picking up a few arms and putting them down just as quickly. When she had first started selling her wares, she had expressed great impaitence in the process. But over time she had learned that each weapon was made for a person, even if she didn't know who it was meant for at the time of creation. The woman had come to accept this begrudgingly. Finally, the man picked up a sinister looking rifle, complete with multiple valves and pumps. Claire nodded, approaching the man slowly.

"If that is your decision, the price will be $20." At the mention of the price the man's eyebrow rose silently. Her thoughts were that if they wanted the best, they'd pay the for the most. And once they saw her wares, they didn't not pay. A grin creased her features quickly as he pulled out the bills and tossed them to her with a growl. He walked out without her escourt and slammed the front door. They may always pay, but they aren't always happy about it. She went to her knees, her hands scooping up the money as she stood back up smoothly, sliding the wall back into place as she left her armory. Claire made sure the front door was locked once more before returning to her workshop, her eyes falling on the gravesite of her mentor and teacher once more. It had been nearly a year since he had passed away, leaving her the workshop and his non-weaponized customers. Although she had been letting those go one-by-one as she worked on her own customer base.

"Metallic hand." She mused aloud softly. Her bright green eyes turned back towards the sketch on her table. She had recieved a written request a week prior for something she hadn't ever considered before. She had accepted the job, and had been hard at work on it for the week she had known about it. The letter had said that she would have roughly two weeks from the postmark. That date would be coming up the very next day. The letter had multiple requests that just seemed impossible to the woman. But the price that had been offered was astronomical, even to her. "When you want the best, you pay the most." She said, nearly giggling at herself as she went back to work.

It took the better part of the evening for her to actually complete the design, and the rest of the night for her to make it. She looked at it after finishing, and shook her head. "This can't be right. This is too small." She growled, looking at the numbers that had been provided. They were correct. Everything she did always was. "Just... too small." She muttered again, the only light from a few candles around the work table. But she couldn't just change the measurements. Maybe it was just a small man that had hired her? She might assume it was for a child, but what kid would need that much weaponry built in? "When they come, I'll see. If it's too small, it's their fault." She sighed, rubbing her eyes as the weariness of being up nearly to the morning. She shuffled herself off to bed, resigned to being awakened once her buyer arrived.

About Average Post By IM ~ Older RP, Modern Fantasy apprentice story.
"Normal is relative, Mackenzie. To me, the Mystic Realm is normal. And it'll be that way with you eventually. Well, hopefully." He turned his head, looking around the room. "I know it's hard to believe, but there's energy all around us. Energy that you've manipulated, thrown at others... Including the Sorcerer that was just going to bring you up to the Council." He chuckled quietly, shaking his head. He stood back up, replacing the smaller book back on the shelf. He turned, facing her as he leaned against the wall of tomes and studied her for a long moment.

He crossed his arms over his chest, standing there silently. It was likely one of the most still she had ever seen anyone for any length of time. "You still don't believe me, do you?" He asked softly, shaking his head once again. He could only vaguely remember how bull headed he had been his first evening with Dorian. That had not ended well, for either of them. He frowned, the memory crossing his mind before he turned his attention back on the current moment. "Do you know that feeling you get when you look into someones eyes? Truly look into their eyes? Like, if you held it for a second longer, you'd see into their soul? And you look away, right?" He tailed off, moving back towards the seat in front of her.

He tried to meet her eyes exactly dead on, before continuing. "Well, if you look a wizard in the eyes, you'll see them as they truly are. The soul, their scars. All their achievements, all their failures. But in return, they will see yours." He stopped, dropping his eyes to his hands. "It will feel like eternity in a flash. I would never force it on anyone. But it will be the fastest way for you to accept that this is true. So, Mackenzie. If you're right, and this is all a crock, you won't see anything, and you'll only feel slightly uncomfortable for a moment. If I'm telling the truth, you'll open your eyes to the world. What do you say?" He waited for an answer, glancing upwards towards her with a soft smile.

"If you don't see anything, I will take you back to where you came from. You won't be involved anymore. So, really, what do you have to lose?" He offered her his hand, wanting to make it an official deal.

If you're a lover of story, of the characters themselves, drop me a line. I know it sounds like I have really high standards, but I imagine almost everyone can meet them if they don't think about it. I'm not a mean person. You have nothing to lose by seeing if we can hit it off. In your PM to me, just tell me what sort of settings you like. What kind of character archetypes you absolutely love. I don't want a sample RP. Just put some work into it as if you were a post.

What else do I have to say? I'm likely going to be available in the mornings/afternoons with some late nights (all EST). But if we're doing email/G-Doc story crafting, it won't particularly matter, really. But if you're most interested in IM RP, you'll need to work around that schedule for now. Work has me shifting around a lot right now, so we'll see how that ends up.

I urge you to drop me a line with some information, an idea or two, and just enjoy it. Every RP that I've done after finding a partner through this has helped make a fantastic story. I am eager to see what we can come up with this time, Dear Reader.

TL;DR:
Honestly, if it's too long for you, don't contact me. However, I will summerize a few things for those who did read it all.
I am comfortable playing male, female, or otherwise. I am looking for someone who is comfortable playing the same, or at the very least, a female character.
I am also looking for someone who is more interested in IM/Email/Google-Doc RP over forum RP.
And last, but not least, I want story to be the focus.

If any of the above interests you, drop me a line either on AIM (I think I have it connected to my forum profile...) or via PM. We can discuss ideas you may have. ^_^

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom