Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

New pm notification

Status
Not open for further replies.

Masterkegan

Banned
Banished
Can anyone tell me why I constantly get the pop up that notifies you that a new pm is in when there is in fact no new pm? This happens on both my iPhone and my pc.

Hrmmm.... not sure. Have you double checked to make sure that all your PMs have indeed been read? That you haven't missed one on accident? I know I've done that in the past without realizing only to finally see a PM much farther down my list that I accidentally overlooked.

Yeah I thought it could be that, but I delete my emails once a day after I've saved them. I just had the message pop up while writing this. But I have no emails at all in my inbox.

Hrmmm... very very strange. By any chance does your inbox read that you have any unread messages or does it list out zero? I'm curious..... so odd.

At least I'm not the only one. But it happens on a new page as well as hitting back. Dark angel. It says zero. And if I'm on a page and a new message arrives it says zero until I refresh.

So, you've definitely read all the PMs. You're good about clearing out your inbox, etc. Your 'messages read' states zero (except for when you refresh a page after opening it).

Sound right?

Just want to make sure I get where the glitch part is occurring. So, when you first login and such, it'll read zero and the pop-up won't show up on your screen (or does it?). But, when you refresh, it suddenly states you have unread messages and then the pop-up shows up.

If this is right, let me know. Either way, I'm going to refer this to Vek. As the site's techie, he might know what's going on here with the glitch you seem to be experiencing. I'll send word to him for you. :)

Ohh... one other thing to try. Try going into your User CP and turning off the pop-up option. Then logout/login and reset the pop-up option. Then, once again, logout/login and see what happens. Maybe a hard restart like that will help..... just trying to see if that'll reset the glitch or not. Either way, I've already sent word to Vek.

I just did as you suggested. We will see what happens. I guess I should also mention that the problem would stop once I actually received a pm. But then the next day after Im logged out for a while it starts again.

Hrmm.... well, keep me posted as to what happens after doing the reset of the option. Though, as I said, I have sent word to Vek. But, I figure while we wait for him to respond and such, we can exhaust all the options so that he knows what's been tried, etc.

Here's to hoping things stay as they should now though.... :)

Thanks. Well they will for the rest of the night. Got a pm. We will see in the am. Thanks for all your help. I owe ya one.

Well it only happened once today. However, about twenty minutes later I got the message again, and when I checked I did in fact have a pm. But the time stamp said it was received at about the time I got the first notification today. Though when I checked earlier there was nothing in my inbox.

Wow wait, maybe I'm just really tired. Did that make sense?

Kinda sorta. Though, I'm thinking there might've been a lag in there somewhere. Give it another couple tries there before we jump the gun. But also, as I've said, I have sent word to Vek about it. So, hopefully he'll look into it sooner than later. And, if this turns out not to be a way to fix it, he might think of other things to try or have a possible explanation. But, here's to hoping it was a lag thing. XD

And again, thanks for the update. We'll get this figured out soon.

If it lasts until you receive one more does it go away if you send yourself a pm?

Vekseid said:
If it lasts until you receive one more does it go away if you send yourself a pm?

I never tried that. But the issue seems to have resolved itself. Now I only get the false notification if I hit the back button.

I have always wondered about the pm notification.

I would get one PM notification for one unread PM. But say I didn't read that PM, and another unread PM comes in, I don't get any e-mail notification for that second one.

So I would check my mail and there's only one notification, but sometimes when I log in there's more than one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom