Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Start of a story

Ok the beginning of a story I just started tonight. I do hope I can trust no one will steal this, if it does get stolen then that will be the last time I put something like this up. However, you may ask if you can use my ideas but I won't always say yes and I do expect to receive credit. I do appreciate comments and helpful tips about what has been written so far

Her chest ached with a heavy pressure, a pressure she knew was fear. But fear from what and why? Why were there no memories? Why did she feel afraid? Where was she? And what did the two words mean? A tingling sensation came to her hand. It was like a thousand tiny swords were stabbing her over and over and over again. Her eyelids flew open and she sat up, her vision blurring as a head rush consumed her momentarily. As her vision cleared, she managed to get a sense of her surroundings. She was in the middle of what looked like a town, and a strange one, too. Everything seemed like it was from 1,000 years ago, maybe longer or shorter. Due to the lack of memory she couldn't recall even what year it was. Shakily, she got to her feet, her head spinning. As her head calmed she turned away from the ancient stairs and looked behind her to find empty streets and run down buildings, the path stretched as far as she could see and by the orange cream sky tinted with light shades of purple and pink as well as the chill in the air that the sun was setting and she would need to find a shelter for the night. As she watched the sky the feeling of someone reaching out from behind her filled her entire being, quickly turning around she found nothing but the ancient stairs and a few empty buildings and the heavy pressure returned. Her heart raced against her chest in fear as she slowly began to make her way up the stairs watching carefully so as not to miss-step and end up tripping. She felt that if she returned to where it had begun whatever was causing the feeling of fear would catch up to her soon and capture her, but for some reason she knew that she couldn't let that happen. The girl couldn't allow herself to be stopped from whatever mission she had been sent on, the key to finding out all the answers had to lie ahead. Clutching the paper inside of her pocket she continued to climb the ancient time worn stairs keeping her eyes ahead of her as the darkness consumed all that was behind her. As the top of the steps came closer the fear grew, almost to the point where it was overwhelming her, everything was deathly silent and she was completely alone. Suddenly the darkness swallowed her...

A young girl bolted up out of her bed screaming and drenched in sweat, her silver-blonde hair fell around her body in a mess heap. The door flew open and a man in his late 60’s came running in, his bright green eyes shone with worry. “Dear are you alright?” The child looked at the old man and smiled softly calming her heart so as not to worry the old man, “I am fine there is nothing to be worried about, I was just having a nightmare is all. But I am happy to know you care enough to worry for my well being Jeru.” The old man sighed softly, he had known the child for a few years and yet her speech still unsettled him. For a child of 13 years she spoke more like an adult and many found it rather odd, thankfully people had given up the idea of her being a creature of other worlds. “Very well, if you need anything just give me a holler. Later today I shall be out of town so if you need anything from the city let me know by Tribus alright?” The girl nodded and smiled softly at the old man, “I will... before I forget to mention it I have work today in town” “very well dear just be careful, you should know by now the dangers of strangers and the town’s people.” Once he left the girl’s head dropped and her chin rested gently against her chest as she leaned against the wall at the end of her bed, the dream had come again and it was even more vivid then the last time. She couldn’t tell anyone about it, not when they already viewed her as strange already and she honestly could not blame them. After all how she had arrived at such a place would be considered out of the ordinary; she could remember it like it all had happened yesterday.

Back
Top Bottom