Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

A Question For The Masses......

Status
Not open for further replies.

darkangel76

.:The Vampiric Fae:.
Supporter
For the graphically (and not so graphically) inclined. What do people think about the idea of Blue Moon having an art team? A team that would be responsible for creating graphics and other such things for the site? At this point, because the idea is new and because I'm not sure how easy it is to implement various graphics with the current theme the site has or with the program currently used to run it, I'd like to keep things simple. But regardless, do people like the idea of this?

Also, if people do indeed like the idea, I sort of envision the team taking polls from the members and implementing ideas that the majority like and want. Almost like a site-wide commission for the site itself. After all, it's the members that make a site what it is and thus what they desire is very important.

So, thoughts? Suggestions?

One word: "awesome"

Of course, in this age of visual media, it is a huge plus to make an already appealing site more visually appealing.

Could you possibly elaborate a bit DA? I'm a bit unclear on what it is exactly that this art team would make graphics for exactly.

It could be for whatever the members wanted. If people want a new header.... then the art team can take polls to see what's wanted and run with it. If people want icons for the various subforums, again they can take polls and have at that. Same with title banners and whatever people can think of that can be easily implemented into the program this site works off of. Of course, not being a programmer, I'm not sure what that would all entail, which is why I'm saying let's keep it simple for now. But, if people want themed banners for holidays or events, perhaps we can do that. Just some thoughts. Basically, it can be for whatever the people want it to be for. But these are just my own thoughts when I think 'art team'.

Maybe, even go as far as providing an image/drawing to established and/or completed roleplays.

That could very well be a possibility, king. Provided people have the interest for such things. :)

It's up to the people of the site. So, if there's interest we can see about establishing one. And please, feel free to throw out other ideas an art team could be useful for. I'm all ears and would love the input. If this is something people want, I'd like to be able to see it happen for everyone.

Well, I grew up during the "Fabio" era of paperbacks so I think you have a good idea of what I am referring to. :D I guess put a poll. As for now, that's the only idea that I have.

*nods* I certainly do.... XD And that could be nifty if people like it. I could see people possibly wanting art done for such things if their RPs are established and long term and/or completed.

I'll put up a poll maybe next week if more people don't pipe up here in this thread.

Because the forums are running on the MyBB platform, which is an open-source forum system, it is pretty much infinitely customizable. Things like the header graphics and colors are very easy to edit, with category and forum graphics running right along behind it. The process can be as simple as copying the current theme and then customizing it to your tastes. I have personally played with phpBB-based forums in the past, but I can't see why MyBB would be all that different.

And yes, certainly, seasonal variations would be rather nice, as well as RP-specific graphics for long-term groups that seem to outlive even their originating creators.

(And on a quasi-related issue, I like your new avatar, darkangel76.)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom