Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

A new interests system?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lyra

Supernova
I thought it might be useful to have an interests section in everyone's profile. It could act like a limited version of a tagging system used on other sites.

Unlike a true tagging system, they wouldn't be strings and users couldn't create their own for simplicity's sake. It would mostly be a list of the more common kinks that users can just check off if they are interested in it.

I don't think it would be hard to implement, all it would require would be a new table with a one to one relationship to the user table and all the fields could be boolean(yes/no), and the forms necessary to flag oneself and formlate the queries for the search.

It would allow users to search for people within the site that share a certain kink. If, for instance, you are craving a vore rp you could run a search for all the people who have flagged themselves as being interested in vore. It would save tijme and headaches and eliminate any false positives (like running a string search in the request forums and coming up with all the people who specifically say they hate vore.)

There is a similar system already in place. It's called linking. A lot of people at this site have Rabbit Holes, which is a lot like what you are describing. There is a link to mine in my signature.

Finnaholic said:
There is a similar system already in place. It's called linking. A lot of people at this site have Rabbit Holes, which is a lot like what you are describing. There is a link to mine in my signature.

Yeah but rabbit hole does not include search functionality in the context of BMR. I can't use Rabbit Hole to search for BMR members for a specific type of RP. I can only search manually and use Rabbit Hole to confirm. Thats like saying that book catalogues are not useful for a library because you can just walk through the aisles until you see the title you want.

Well then, make a request thread stating what you are looking for, and someone I am sure will see it and contact you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom