Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Anonymous: Operation Onslaught (Please look!)

What do you think of Anonymous?

• Awesome; I totally support!

Votes: 8 44.4%
  • Meh... I have to do more research

Votes: 5 27.8%
  • It is stupid!

Votes: 5 27.8%

• Total voters
Mitsu said:
(snip) Sounds like a bunch of want to be revolutionists. They'll achieve nothing in the long run, and only cause more issues.

On July 4, 1776, a group of revolutionists achieved a damn sight more than nothing. Thomas Jefferson chilled out during most of June of that year putting together the declaration, telling the then-current government, that they were done with rule from overseas and would be taking control of their own country, thank you very much.

Revolution, by its very nature, is anti-establishment, often rejects current laws and rules of conduct, in order to move the revolutionary objective(s) forward. If Jefferson and the rest of the signees of the Declaration of Independence had listened to the threats against life, limb and property made by supporters of English rule, they would not have put their names on that sheet of vellum. The only two important men not to sign were John Dickinson, who clung to the idea of reconciliation with Britain, and Robert R. Livingston, who thought the Declaration was premature.

Anonymous functions as an unofficial, unauthorized method of preventative anarchy. They prod and poke the established norms and the businesses and organizations behind them in order to rattle the cages of us, their supposed slaves. There is no political agenda behind Anonymous, only a desire to have truths be revealed and have fun in the process of getting that done.

I, for one, support them.

You're really going to liken "Anonymous" to a group of men that actually went out and started something that would go on to change the world? The difference between the revolutionists that kick started the "free world", and inspired other countries to do the same, is that they actually accomplished something. They were organized, intelligent, and had the character to follow through with their goals. You're amazingly naive if you really think these hackers are actually going to change anything besides Internet/computer/digital law and security measures. Support them all you want, as you are free to do so, but I wonder if you still will in twenty years when they've accomplished nothing. I may be making bold predictions and statements, but at least I'm not fanatical and placing my faith in something that is just a collective of disorganized people.

I don't mind the idea of revolution. I see things in the world that I think need to be changed. Anonymous simply isn't what is capable of doing it.

Back
Top Bottom