Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Anonymous: Operation Onslaught (Please look!)

What do you think of Anonymous?

• Awesome; I totally support!

Votes: 8 44.4%
  • Meh... I have to do more research

Votes: 5 27.8%
  • It is stupid!

Votes: 5 27.8%

• Total voters

Viola

Super-Earth
Hello hello hello!

I am one of the many supporters for the idea of Anonymous.

Today is Operation Onslaught. Today is the day of spreading for people who don't know what Anonymous is...

Please check out these videos to have a better idea!

Full explaination

and

A Beginner's guide

Thank you and have a good day. :]

We are Anonymous.
We are Legion.
We do not forgive.
We do not forget.
Expect us.​

Pistol Kiss said:
You just broke rules one and two.

I am not saying I am part of Anonymous.

I am a supporter. A protester.

I am merely spreading the word.

Which today is all about.

I have not broken any rules.

Btw Anonymous has no official rules.

I have never heard of this until just now but it all sounds like a twisted cyber-cult (regardless of their claim to no structure) and cyber-terrorist organization to me. I can agree with some of what they are trying to do but taking matters upon yourself without going through the proper channels is vigilantism and for an organization and/or group of people (whatever flowery terminology you want to use) to promote vigilantism without a structure or means to control their members is just flat out dangerous. Most of what 'Anonymous' seems to be doing is illegal.

If these people can really get a one-up on a high-tier corporation then they shouldn't be playing an illegal game of chess with the American economy (which isn't too hot already) and find a better use for their skills.

Viola said:
Pistol Kiss said:
You just broke rules one and two.

I am not saying I am part of Anonymous.

I am a supporter. A protester.

I am merely spreading the word.

Which today is all about.

I have not broken any rules.

Btw Anonymous has no official rules.

Okay.

Yep there are rules. Watch fight club again.

Rules 1 & 2 only restrict mention of /b/, not Anonymous. They are two separate things. Also, it only applies during raids.

Mallkior De said:
I have never heard of this until just now but it all sounds like a twisted cyber-cult (regardless of their claim to no structure) and cyber-terrorist organization to me. I can agree with some of what they are trying to do but taking matters upon yourself without going through the proper channels is vigilantism and for an organization and/or group of people (whatever flowery terminology you want to use) to promote vigilantism without a structure or means to control their members is just flat out dangerous. Most of what 'Anonymous' seems to be doing is illegal.

If these people can really get a one-up on a high-tier corporation then they shouldn't be playing an illegal game of chess with the American economy (which isn't too hot already) and find a better use for their skills.

Yes there is some downfalls to Anonymous I admit with no leaders. There are a lot of people who say they are part of Anonymous, but are only tainting the name. But it just an idea not a movement. Hacking is illegal but they have not stolen a cent from anyone. They only hack government sites to leak information they may be hiding or just block their websites as a slap in the face.

If you agree or don't agree with Anonymous people should know what Anonymous is because it is happening. And it is a good idea to keep tabs on Anonymous as well. They are constantly giving out information that citizens deserve to know.

Don't get me wrong, I am glad that this was brought to my attention because there is a great significance in this 'movement'. Regardless of the reasoning, however, an illegal act is still land illegal act and I hope that these people are made to pay for so blatantly ignoring the laws of which they are guilty of breaking. Whether or not anyone agrees with me doesn't matter. I wasn't trying to start a debate or an argument; just pointing out a couple of flaws in the system there.

Again, thank you for brining this issue to my attention. I don't watch the news any more because the American media is a steaming pile of shit these days. I read the paper for my news and most local papers don't cover things like this until something really nasty happens. Now I can keep an eye on the situation. I forfeit my American right to be an ignorant slob. I just wish more of the country would do the same.

Unfortunately i disagree with one statement in particular, that anonymous leaking information is a good thing. Now im as much a rebel as the next guy and i agree that the common people have a right to question their government but the vast majority of people on this planet are irreparably lacking in common sense and brain matter. And if the government needs to hide something to avoid mass hysteria from the uninformed redneck populace... then so be it. I'm sorry but its the same thing i thoguht about wikileaks, secrets have a reason to be secret.

Kamina said:
Unfortunately i disagree with one statement in particular, that anonymous leaking information is a good thing. Now im as much a rebel as the next guy and i agree that the common people have a right to question their government but the vast majority of people on this planet are irreparably lacking in common sense and brain matter. And if the government needs to hide something to avoid mass hysteria from the uninformed redneck populace... then so be it. I'm sorry but its the same thing i thoguht about wikileaks, secrets have a reason to be secret.

You of course are entitled to your opinion and I respect that, but I totally disagree.

There shouldn't be any secrets. Especially about what they are doing with tax payer's money. The government is controlling our media, we don't even know if we are getting real stories. When we ask "Why?" we get no answers.

No we don't need to know the FBI's birthdays but we do need to know about corruption. That shouldn't be hidden.

We are the people,
We are Anonymous.

These are just my initial thoughts, which may be ignorant of some things. I am not looking for a debate, otherwise I would have properly researched and written an essay.

Sounds like a bunch of want to be revolutionists. They'll achieve nothing in the long run, and only cause more issues. It really seems like a group of overzealous people who have watched/read way too much V for Vendetta, and played way too much Assassin's Creed. Besides, they're arrogant to assume they know what is best for the world, or any one country. In a hypocritical fashion, they would probably criticize the United States Government, or any other government, for thinking the same. It's really just irresponsible, and it's going to give some ordinary people some outlandish ideas, and in a cultist mentality, they'll do some very stupid things. They're no better than the people they seek to take down-- they aim to pass judgement and control the world from the shadows. Sounds kinda like the supposed Illuminati.

Some people dislike the amount of power the government holds. How can one be fine with the amount of "power" these hackers hold or are intending to hold? How long before what they deem as "justice" is no longer what you think of as Justice? It's foolish to support or follow such a disorganized and volatile cause. At least with government there is order and structure, and the freedoms you are granted allow you to do whatever you want with your life. Everyone, and every organization, corporation, government has secrets. I'm sure Anonymous has it's secrets too, things they don't want the common person to know.

Since this has sparked some intense opinions and the beginnings of intellectual debate, this will be moved to Academy. That said, be aware that comments are to be of a more thoughtful manner. Some guidelines to keep in mind are posted as a sticky. :)

Viola said:
Kamina said:

You of course are entitled to your opinion and I respect that, but I totally disagree.

There shouldn't be any secrets. Especially about what they are doing with tax payer's money. The government is controlling our media, we don't even know if we are getting real stories. When we ask "Why?" we get no answers.

No we don't need to know the FBI's birthdays but we do need to know about corruption. That shouldn't be hidden.

We are the people,
We are Anonymous.

Do you really think there is a massive corruption Conspiracy in the middle of the government of our country? If we had some epic Conspiracy i thionk we would be doing better socially then we are now not to mention economically. And The government isnt controlling our media, if you really think that, go move to north korea, then you can talk about government cotnrolled media. TO be quite honest i agree totally with mitsu.

Yes I think there is conspiracy in the middle of the government and our country. If you do some research you will find a lot of evidence that there is. Did you at least watch the whole first video? I am thinking of so many things at once I can't even write it down. -_-

Try looking up the operations Anonymous did. They only attack what they see fit to get information. If there was no corruption why would there be people fighting to get rid of censorship? The government hides just about everything from us.

It is time to turn off the TV! It is time to really look for what is out there.

Even if you don't see it. You have to accept that it might be a possibility. But after doing my fair share of research, I am 99% sure our government needs to get smacked in the face for its lies. Let the United States truly be a democracy!

The government will be exposed of its lies. A few selected people run the government not us the people anymore!

Slowly our rights are being stripped away. Are you going to sit back at let that happen?

You can. I'm not.

Viola said:
Yes I think there is conspiracy in the middle of the government and our country. If you do some research you will find a lot of evidence that there is. Did you at least watch the whole first video? I am thinking of so many things at once I can't even write it down. -_-

Try looking up the operations Anonymous did. They only attack what they see fit to get information. If there was no corruption why would there be people fighting to get rid of censorship? The government hides just about everything from us.

Even if you don't see it. You have to accept that it might be a possibility. But after doing my fair share of research, I am 99% sure our government needs to get smacked in the face for its lies. Let the United States truly be a democracy!

The government will be exposed of its lies. A few selected people run the government not us the people anymore!

Slowly are rights are being stripped away. Are you going to sit back at let that happen?

You can. I'm not.

You realize there hasn't been a true democracy since ancient greece and that it would be incredibly impractical to do it here.

Since every single citizen would vote on every single issue.

But regardless... You seem to be far too ingrained in your own propaganda and internet spin to see my logic.

But we are far from oppressed. Like i said Look at north korea.

I didn't watch either video by the way since i highly doubt their objectivity in any way.

The only reason you can even talk about your precious anonymous is because you live in a coutnry governed by a "select few" Which btw is complete crap considering what would be going back to? The original america only rich white male land owners could even vote!

Kamina said:
Viola said:
Kamina said:

We are the people,
We are Anonymous.

Do you really think there is a massive corruption Conspiracy in the middle of the government of our country? If we had some epic Conspiracy i thionk we would be doing better socially then we are now not to mention economically. And The government isnt controlling our media, if you really think that, go move to north korea, then you can talk about government cotnrolled media. TO be quite honest i agree totally with mitsu.

Kamina said:
Viola said:

Slowly are rights are being stripped away. Are you going to sit back at let that happen?

You can. I'm not.

You realize there hasn't been a true democracy since ancient greece and that it would be incredibly impractical to do it here.

Since every single citizen would vote on every single issue.

But regardless... You seem to be far too ingrained in your own propaganda and internet spin to see my logic.

But we are far from oppressed. Like i said Look at north korea.

I didn't watch either video by the way since i highly doubt their objectivity in any way.

The only reason you can even talk about your precious anonymous is because you live in a coutnry governed by a "select few" Which btw is complete crap considering what would be going back to? The original america only rich white male land owners could even vote!

"My precious anonymous"?

Okay I'm done :3 I'm not gonna start drama.

I'm sorry we didn't come to an agreement. But I wished you would of watched the whole video before jumping the gun.

You believe as you wish and so will I. :]

Viola said:
Mallkior De said:

Yes there is some downfalls to Anonymous I admit with no leaders. There are a lot of people who say they are part of Anonymous, but are only tainting the name. But it just an idea not a movement. Hacking is illegal but they have not stolen a cent from anyone. They only hack government sites to leak information they may be hiding or just block their websites as a slap in the face.

If you agree or don't agree with Anonymous people should know what Anonymous is because it is happening. And it is a good idea to keep tabs on Anonymous as well. They are constantly giving out information that citizens deserve to know.
Everybody can say they are anonymous because everyone is Anonymous. ~Everyone~. Anonymous is a collective, not an organization. Whatever direction the world is moving in, that is what Anonymous is working towards. Anonymous doesn't control anything. It doesn't have an agenda. It just is. Noone can join Anonymous because they are already apart of it. When the people who claim to be Anonymous say that they oppose the church of scientology, its true. But they also support it because the members of Scientology are also Anonymous.

When I say Anonymous loves cake its true but Anonymous also hates cake.

Anything can be rightfully attributed to Anonymous.

Anonymous encompasses everything within the scope of humanity.

That is why we are legion.
That is how we are everywhere.
That is why you should expect us.

So wait, you stand for nothing then? If you support everything and hate everything... You're basically saying all you are is hypocrisy...

ServingGirl said:
So wait, you stand for nothing then? If you support everything and hate everything... You're basically saying all you are is hypocrisy...
You're partially right. Anonymous stands for nothing because its not an organisation. There is no committee to decide a mission statement or set a group policy. There is no one at the front of it deciding where we should go.

I'm not being cryptic or poetic when I say that everyone is Anonymous or Anonymous is everyone.

Anonymous is mob mentality on a global scale.

I am always for anything which gives power to the people, rather than distributing it unevenly to the wealthy and the undeserving, corrupt bastards in government. Anonymous, for me, gives the impression of fighting for rights, for the people to have their rights, and standing up for freedom of speech everywhere in the form of a powerful, all-encompassing entity. I have never taken part, but I do wish to show my support for the group standing up for people's rights. It's a demonstration of 'power of the people' and that is what I support the most.

I believe in the necessity of a venue and activity for social justice that exists outside of the framework of the society they feel is oppressive. It's necessary, it can do good.

I have no idea if this counts.

It's not samizdat. It's not passing forbidden books through Chinese checkpoints. It's not anyone risking anything that I have seen lately. I mean, the wikilinks guy, perhaps, but beyond that? It's more people taking credit for stuff that's been there for years. I've known Scientology is a cult for twenty years. TWENTY YEARS of this evidence. Anonymous didn't expose shit, there, as far as I'm concerned.

And here's the thing: there's not a conspiracy. There doesn't have to be. You don't call it a conspiracy when it's legal, it's announced, publicized; hell, it's taxpayer supported. Whether it should be or not, that's a separate question. The corporate players and the political lapdogs don't hide it; it's in their public donation records. They don't have to hide it; who's going to stop them? See, if Anonymous came up with a way to do that, that's great! Now you just have to get America to care! Because none of this stuff has really been a secret conspiracy for decades. Hell, people will pretty much admit Bush stole the 2000 election illegally, now, but who can do anything about it? If Anonymous wants to be a player? Let 'em take something that's already well known and MAKE IT STICK. Really, just make the consequences hold to the people they're supposed to.

Seriously, anyone with free time can find out about the links between largely-unregulated-Big Medical Insurance and the rabid shouting-down of any real medical reform (which would directly positively affect every single American citizen who makes less than $500,000 a year, and indirectly positively affect everyone else, no matter what you've been told), the campaign payments and ad time records are there, it's pretty clear the money just looked after its own interests and fuck any citizens who actually pay for this shit who might have benefited, so who's going to pay for their dickery? Nobody, because it's last year and the public doesn't care and doesn't hold them accountable because nobody brings it up (and if they do, they lie about it one way or another). Anonymous could keep a politician's sins in mind, keep them from brushing their shit under other people's rugs. That could create change, right? But they won't. Because they're people, too, and they're just as short-attention-span as everyone else. Besides, that's not big, flashy, "sexy," or anything else that draws people. It's just people being held accountable for their actions. And that bores just about everyone unless it's done like Hollywood!

Anonymous might be necessary. But I don't think it is yet useful in any real sense. And really, I thin it serves an excellent purpose distracting the public from the real trouble. It's like, Anonymous is making lots of noise about the window, when the real issue is corporate termites destroying the foundation and every board of wood in the house. Long as they keep the attention off the structure, they're free to do what they want. So sure, kick up trouble about the window, the door, the TV. Anything you want, kids. Enjoy! Sure, you're doing good, sure you are. Now roll over so I can pet your tummy.

Maybe I'm old, but that's my initial thoughts on Anonymous.

If you are deciding on "Operations," and, "missions," and figuring out who to hack, wouldn't it be that somehow, in some way, you'd have to be organized? Personally, if you want to make a true revolution, you have to organize, mobilize, and work in a way that brings people together and in without being radical.

I'll put it this way: A virus is designed to do what it is supposed to do. When accessed, it changes something unless it can be eradicated before it does.

The only way to change the "conspiracy," and the "horrible setups made by the government," is to infect it.

That's the thing about "everyone" being Anonymous. You can't exactly organize something like that or even really hope to change it unless you reach people on an emotional level and a logical one as well. Otherwise, it's just crap.

--+Hahvoc Requiem+-- said:
If you are deciding on "Operations," and, "missions," and figuring out who to hack, wouldn't it be that somehow, in some way, you'd have to be organized? Personally, if you want to make a true revolution, you have to organize, mobilize, and work in a way that brings people together and in without being radical.

I'll put it this way: A virus is designed to do what it is supposed to do. When accessed, it changes something unless it can be eradicated before it does.

The only way to change the "conspiracy," and the "horrible setups made by the government," is to infect it.

That's the thing about "everyone" being Anonymous. You can't exactly organize something like that or even really hope to change it unless you reach people on an emotional level and a logical one as well. Otherwise, it's just crap.
An "Operation" is usually a bunch of people working independently towards a loosely agreed upon goal. Its usually not very organised. Its usually just an uncoordinated massive swarm. People just do what they can to add a little to it, a snowball effect. The organisation generally begins and ends with something along the lines of, "Hey did you guys hear what Sony did? That's messed up. We should raid them. Herp Derp."

This particular piece of input might be a little late, but I was reading through the thread and saw a mention about "laws'. it is true that much of what Anonymous does is illegal, sometimes even harmful. The issue with bringing up that they break the "law" however, can be looked at from two view points.

On one hand, they're criminals that are a nuisance, hackers and cyber terrorists that make life more complicated for the rest of us.

On the other hand, they can quite possibly see themselves as a revolutionary movement that needs to bring down the veil obscuring or eyes from "the truth"

Now, i'm not saying I agree with any of it, or even lean toward one opinion or the other. But many actions can be justified by many different factors, and both sides of the arguement have different labels.

Back
Top Bottom