Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Mercs: Back At the Ranch

Gray grabbed her by the throat, "American? Lovey, I'm an Irishman, get it wrong a second time, or for that matter, slap me again, I will show you what your insides look like, and I heard what ye said", during the course of this sentence he had lifted her up towards his face, now that he was done, he practically threw her back into the chair. Gray stormed from the room, leaving behind a string of curses in Gaelige, his actual first language, which he rarely spoke as few could understand him. He grabbed a bottle of whiskey from his bag in the barracks and went outside to literally cool off.

"I never called you an American either, jackass!" she called out as she was thrown back to the seat. She was starting to regret her decision to come here now, already 2 people hated her, probably even 3 or 4, but she had come too far now to just back out. The ratherheated conversation had left her too rattled to continue, both too angry and too scared to focus properly, she would make stupid mistakes if she tried to do anything else. She closed off the connection she had been working with and turned to face Ace, "I found what I could but as I said, I don't have any experience with the non-government sectors so I dead-ended beyond thos military notes."

Alicia simply smiled, keeping quiet rather than answer to Sara's snobbish response. Some people simply didn't recognize the difference between a kind word and a smug reception. It simply proved what Sherlock had already figured out. The girl was green. She might have been an amazing technician, but she didn't know about people.

Blue's entrance was unexpected, but welcome enough. As was her change in tone after Blue spoke to her. But she frowned when thing got heated between her and Reaper but thankfully he left, leaving a rather frazzled Sara sitting at the workstation.

"Listen, if you want a part here that's fine but coming in with a fuck everyone attitude isn't going to help out your cause. Fact is, we're mercenaries. Most of us will shoot first, or in Reapers case stab, and dump the body off a cliff. I can help you if you want but I need you to trust that I am going to help." She reached out and patted the girls shoulder.

"You're the hacker, I will leave anything not a government computer to you, since I pretty much only know those systems, and know where to look for things to do with identities, property owned by said identities, and so on. Otherwise, I am just your typical electronics tech geek, just I have breasts, not balls." she says quietly, "And the fuck everyone attitude, I react and reply to people how they treat me. I didn't expect to have a friendly welcome after walking in on a couple in bed, but the threats could have been left out. Warnings about the place and going where I got told to go sure, that's expected when it's an unknown person. If someone is snotty with me, I be snotty back. If they are aggressive, I am aggressive, understand? And I was serious, your hard drive does sound like it's about to shit more than a few bytes out it's ass"

Steve, feeling the effects of over training and the unorthodoxed adaption to the camp thought it was about time for nice R&R. “I never would have described this place as empty, you just have to know where to look,” he winked as he pointed to the trees and then over to the medical bunker. “Yeah, I’m Steve, new arrival. Nice to meet you.” Steve extended his hand as he walk towards the barracks. “But right now I think I need a rest to clear my head.” Steve continued on towards the building hoping to shake some of the curious events from his head. He needed to focus on the job at hand lest his skills fade, a danger that started become more and more a concern to him.

Emilyn, who had been sitting on the bar the whole time in the common room suddenly let a large breath out and ran her hand through her short black hair.

"Well... Now that you've met our team spirit leader, Reaper...I'm Emilyn... just one of the infantry, my job consists of shooting people on Ace's orders and that's it."
She stated with a small playful smile as she hopped from the bar and patted the girl on the shoulder.

"A small word of advice would be...to just stay away from Reaper..and most others until Ace can feel totally confident that you're one of us."
She tilted her head the side slightly as she said this and gave a wink before turning to walk out the door after Grey.

Without saying anything immediately she walked over to where Grey was standing, and Drinking and just stood beside him.

Infact, she stood there in silence beside him for about two minutes before she spoke a word.
"So... may I have a sip?"
She asked, eyeing his bottle of Liquor.

Blue watched the two go back and forth, back and forth. And honestly? It entertained her a little bit. Her arm came up to curl around Ace's, giving him a light squeeze of reassurance, that he was still in control and it was his team he was leading. She smiled gently before un-looping her arm, listening to Sherlock take hold of the reins a little bit, attempting to reel her in a little bit and take hold of the situation as Ace sat back and let her run her course. She didn't mind, really, listening to all the bickering and arguing between the Irishman and the tiny geek girl made her smile.

Stepped forward, Blue looked the girl over and sized her up, not taking her for much. Her heavy clad boot hit the floor, and she stood infront of the girl, "I'm Blue... The Mechanic around here. Need me you'll find me in the garage most of the time. I think we might have Emilyn show you around, or Sherlock, should you prove any use to us..." she leaned down and looked the girl in the face, calling herself Sara. She nodded and smirked, face to face with the girl, "Ever try and pull the bullshit like you did with me earlier again, and think you'll live to tell the tale? I'd bet you won't have fingers or a tongue." she stood back up without a word, glanced at Ace on her way out, and headed to the barracks for a moment.

Once inside the door, she breathed slowly and then walked to her bedside, snatching up the bottle of whiskey she kept hidden on her bedside, and headed back out the door. She passed through the comm room, brushing past Ace and Sherlock on her way out. She stood outside, looking to Emilyn and then to Gray and smirking. She handed him the bottle and smirked, "Whiskey.. Good stuff. Figured it'd be good to clear up your tension." she nodded and then headed down to her garage.

Listening to the banter being exchanged by everyone, Ace just rolled his eyes a bit and stood back, arms crossed, listening to them all exchange quips and threats. He knew if he tried to interject anything at this point they wouldn't even hear it, so he let them get all the dick waving out of their systems. When Blue entered, he offered her a glance, perhaps a bit of softness showing in his eyes, happy to see her back on her feet and about, acting a little more like he was used to her being. As she curled an arm around his, he made no move to withdraw or otherwise shrug off the affectionate gesture, even going so far as to run a hand down her back to stroke it affectionately for a moment.

When she went to recover the whiskey, he watched her for a moment before turning his attention back to the matter at hand. "Okay, okay. Now if we're done comparing our paper penises with each other, can we get to the business at hand? I just need to know what to expect at the supply depot. No more, no less. We're gonna hit it, take what we need, and burn the rest down." Sighing a bit, he looked to Sara. "And I haven't said anything about taking on another recruit. But since everyone else seems more than happy to open the door, then sure. Prove yourself, and there might be a spot on my team. I think you're crossing us in any way, I put a bullet in your skull. Fair enough?"

Finally he turned to walk out. "Sherlock, she's your responsibility. And by the way...no more spying on me through the cameras." Passing the others, he gave Blue one last look to make sure she seemed alright before making his way for the barracks. "Everyone should get in bed soon. Gonna be a fun day tomorrow. Meet me in the garage first thing in the morning. We're going on a little raid..." With that, he made his way into the barracks and to his cot, pulling his canvas wall closed as he threw himself onto the mattress, hand lacing together behind his head and feet crossing over each other as he closed his eyes to think, simply wanting to try and clear his mind after the strange events of the day. He had a lot to sort out, but right now he needed to be focused for tomorrow's task.

After dinner and a few drinks and a night on the town, Alexia had finished her business there and was given a ride back to the outside of town. "You really live out here?" The man said after a whistle. She simply nodded and then opened the door to his car.

"It's a lot more discreet. I'm sorry I can't show you where it is." She gave him a sweet smile that made him blush and look away, waving his large gloved hand.

"Yeah, yeah. Top secret stuff. You're really secretive, you know that? It's part of why you appeal to me..." He grinned, and looked at her from the corner of her eye, but she was already out of her seat. Closing the door, she simply waved at him, and put her thick hood on and began her trek back to the hideout. She always had snake her way out of the car with him, especially when he began to say cheesy things like that.

By the time she made it back, it was already late. She wasn't sure if her team mates were up or not. She took off her wet boots and threw her pack down on the floor, then yawned. Walking into the room that they all slept in, she went to her corner that not only had a divider but a whole fucking tent. The fabric was heavy and the sunlight could not pierce if very well. She hated being woken up by anything or anyone after all. That, she loved sleeping in the nude. It was rare than anyone ever went in there to wake her up. Knowing Ace he'd be having a briefing way early in the morning, so she might have a visitor to wake her up. Or not.

Either way was fine, she didn't really have much of a part of the plans other than staying with people that could protect her. She took her lab coat off and folded it up, using it as a pillow. As soon as she closed her eyes, she fell asleep. It had been a very long day, and she was a little drunk still even after the long walk home.

Gray took a large swig from the bottle, and held it out absent mindedly, "What are you doing over here", he sounded distracted, and in truth he was, his mind had drifted away again to the memories of his home back in the Irish countryside, but he quickly snapped back to reality as the flashbacks of the war hit him. He jumped slightly but passed it off as a shiver, the jump was more because of the sudden appearance of the flashback than any actually feeling.

He turned his head to look at her and raised an eyebrow, "So what's your story, I know I should know these things but truth is, I am not the most interested in other people", he paused, "That is, unless I see a picture of em with target stamped on it". He laughed, one of his less funny jokes but he thought it showed his personality a little better that way.

Blue stood outside of the barracks for that brief moment, handing Grey a bottle of Whiskey and then headed off down to her garage. The tall, wide building was her home away from home most days, and the sweet comforting smell of motor oil and a bad muffler rotting away to debris only made her chuckle to herself half the time. Opening the door and flicking the light on, she looked around and made sure that everything was in order. Her papers and pens still in place, the cars unmoved and the chopper blades still un-rotated. She really neededd to work on that damn thing.. Sighing again, she turned and sat down on her high backed bar stool and spun in a circle for a moment and then dug into her pocket.

There were some things that Blue never told anyone, and she never did like to alarm or surprise others, it just wasn't in her nature to bother others with her problems. She didn't need to, right? Everyone else could have her back for a million other reasons, but some things you just had to do on you own. Still digging in her pocket, she finally lifted out one of the little injection tubes, and then the green rubber band from her pocket. She wrapped the band around her arm and tied it tight for a moment, and then lifted the injection to her lip, biting down and tearing off the safety cap and holding it between her lips. Slowly, she let the needle dip down to her arm, and then plunged it into the familiar vein she used every day, careful to hit the same place she always did, and used the plunger to slip the thin yellow liquid into her arm.

Her body shuddered, and Blue closed her eyes for a moment, inhaling deeply as the stinging pain took over her arm, and then she undid the band and slid the empty tube into her pocket. She'd need to go visit Nursey soon, she only had a few tubes left, and she'd need more. Thankfully the woman had them on hand for her condition, but she wasn't enjoying this in the slightest. Looking down to her hands, they shook a bit, balls her fists and squeezing tight until her knuckles turned white, and she stood up.

Turning, Blue snatched up her bag that she left in the garage with her throughout the day, and then headed out. Flicking the lights off and locking the door, Blue slipped the keys into her pocket and hiked up the hill to the barracks. She needed a good night of rest, especially after the day she had, she wasn't exactly positive how she was going to react in the morning after she had a night of things to sleep on, but she'd go with it and work with what she could. She stepped into the barracks, seeing a few people already bedded down and comfortable, she headed right over to her head, brushing by Ace's bed flap so he knew she was there.

She settled down and slid her pants off, letting them hit the ground with a thick thud, and then unlaced her boots and plunked them down next to her bed, unhooking the gun from her belt and sliding it beneath her pillow. Her pants came off next, her belt buckle hitting a hard pound into the ground, and then she peeled her socks off of her feet and flung them into her dirty clothes. Her bra came off next, and she left no remorse for accidentally hitting Ace's bed flap before it bounced into her dirty clothes. Sighing, Blue leaned back and laid down against her pillow, situating herself to be a little more comfortable, as she looked towards the ceiling. Grumbling, she rolled over and her hand fell into her panties, and rubbed lightly against her nub. God she was a pervert.

Ace was quite aware of the movements of his makeshift canvas walls, and of who was responsible, causing him to grin just a little. At least Blue seemed to be getting back into good spirits, and was obviously being a little playful. As tempting as it was to come out and indulge that playful side, though, he didn't. They needed rest, as they would be up early the next morning planning a raid. He still had lots to think on, but he would have to do it after their work was done. There was also still Ari, whom he needed to sit down and have a talk with about what had happened in the infirmary.

With a soft sigh, he closed his eyes and tried not to focus too much on the sounds of Blue undressing just a few feet away with only the canvas walls between them. They would have to talk, too, though he wasn't sure where that talk would end up leading to. Even if she was somewhat under the influence of Alex's little formula, she had made some very good points. If he didn't learn to take some pleasures, if they all didn't, then things would definitely start to get tense around here. Biting his lip gently, he ran a hand down his body, touching the tent that still showed in his pants, having never gotten off during their encounter earlier thanks to the intrusion.

Blue wasn't the only one still feeling the need, but Ace withdrew his hand, resting it on his stomach as he took a deep breath and released it. He would just have to ignore it, for the moment. Maybe after the raid...

Ari stood under the flowing water the welts on her backside stinging under the hot water but admittedly it did feel nice. She rubbed her shoulder as the water cascaded down her body and through her hair. Rinsing the last bits of soap from her body she sighed and turned the water off. Grabbing a towel off the rack she wrapped it around her slender body, grabbing her hair she twisted it wringing the excess water from her hair.

Stepping from behind the curtain she brought a hand to her head and steadied herself against the wall " Perhaps I spent a little too much time in there..." she muttered to herself glancing around.

That statement was pretty true since the entire "bathroom/shower-room" was covered in a thick coating of steam. Running her hands through her hair she re-gained her senses and gathered up her stuff, she wasn't gonna get back into her regular clothes she was just gonna head to bed. Her footsteps padded lightly across the bare flooring into the makeshift "barracks."

She stopped by her bedding and dropped her clothes into a bag by her cot and pulled out her sleeping shirt, pulling the shirt over her head and towel she pulled it down to just above her knee's and pulled the towel out from underneath it. Stretching she hid a yawn behind her hand and dropped onto the cot, half pulling a sheet over her mid-section. Turning on her side she yawned once more before drifting off to sleep.

Sherlock smiled at Ace, settling back against her desk. "I wasn't spying. Just monitoring the security feed and just so happened to catch the disturbance." It was true after all. She hadn't been spying, but she made sure to watch the camera's whenever she was in the comm room. If they had someone to constantly do it they wouldn't have to worry about things like unwanted visitors.

"Sara, do what you needs to be done to update the equipment. We got new parts in downstairs. Some military grade, other civilian. Its all in the storage closet on the left hand side of the room." She pointed at a closed door next opposite of her bed. "You can stay here while you work. If you need me, I'll be in the barracks. Set the com to channel 72. It links directly to mine." She smiled at Sara and grabbed a thumb drive from off her desk. "Oh yeah, remember, don't touch my station. It's nothing against you, but like I said, security issues."

With that last bit she dipped out of the com room and headed to the barracks. She really hoped Sara didn't mess with her station. Outside it looked old and worn, but inside was some of the best tech she could get her hands on. One of her contacts had built it for her. The only way to tell it was anything more than an ordinary workstation was to disassemble it or to use the boot command stored on her flash drive.

She entered the barracks and moved over to her cot, opening her footlocker and grabbing a pair of sleeping pants. She changed quickly, folding her clothing and putting them away. She then dug a bottle of whiskey from her belongings and tossed it on to Reapers.

It seemed the rest of the night passed without anymore incidents. Ace was up and down a few times, simply stepping out to scout the perimeter before returning to his bunk. He didn't sleep much, and so took advantage of those awake periods just to make sure everything was okay, even though there was always someone else out there on duty looking out too. They had arranged shifts for night patrols just so everyone got sleep at some point, but that still was never enough to keep him dormant for long.

When the morning rolled around, he was up before anyone else except whoever had been on duty for the last shift, already fully dressed as he walked through the barracks banging on any object that would make a loud, annoying sound. "Rise and shine children! We're going out to play on the big kids' playground today!" Once he had everyone's attention, having to walk over to Gray and give him a shove with his foot to roll him out of his cot so he would wake up, he turned and left. "Meet me in the comm center. It's not a request people."

He then made his way to the comm center where Sara had apparently been given a place to sleep by Sherlock. "Rise and shine, there, Princess," he told her as he planted himself into the big, comfortable seat that their intel specialist usually occupied. He then waited for them. It would take some longer than others, but they'd be in here soon enough. It was 'Raid Day' and he was ready to start making plans...

Gray hit the floor with a dull thud, his eyes were open from the moment his body was falling and he moved quickly, landing in a hunched position. He was not the kind of person who was caught off gaurd, he had always been a cautious person, and never once had he fully trusted anyone his family included. He sprung to his feet and pulled on his combats, before dropping to one knee to lace up a boot, then switching stance to lace the other. He sheathed all the blades into their correct places on his combats before grabbing his harness and buckling it on, tighter than normal because he got the feeling he would get to use it soon.

As he left the barracks he grabbed his mask, it was fully metal made up of two pieces connected by a hinge, it bore many battle scars almost as many as Gray himself. The mask had a rather vicious smile and blood pouring from the eye holes painted onto it, this was the face of Reaper, once the mask went on Gray vanished and then all that mattered was achieving the objective while killing as many of the enemy as possible.

As he entered the comm room, Gray still held the mask in his hand, it would stay off until he was let loose. He was aware of how closely that could be compared to a dog, but with his kill record and personality few people would actually have the balls to say that, and those who did had a habit of dying shortly after. "What's going on Ace, playtime over?", he grinned slyly, and let out a quiet laugh.

Alexia was fully aware that it was morning, just from hearing Gray and Ace's booming voices. rolled over and put her pillow over her head. She was tired from her trek and had a bit of a hang over from the drinking that she had done last night. She shivered a bit and noticed that her blanket wasn't where it was supposed to be. It was always cold as hell first thing in the morning because she wasn't up and active and moving. Plus sometimes she took a drug that raised her body heat, which allowed her to continue wearing the attire that she did.

"Shut the fuck up or get the fuck out!" She shouted when she heard Gray shouting at Ace and then pulled the blanket up over her entire body, making somewhat of a cocoon around herself. She wished that she could have her own room. The sheets all around her may have made a good light barrier but the noise still penetrated through like knives. She had never been a morning person at all, probably because she was the type to always pull all nighters.

Ari's breathing was slow and steady as she slept on her small cot, Laying on her side her knees drawn up to about her stomach. A small little smile on her face, normally she preferred sleeping on her back but with the beating she received that was a little impossible at the moment.

"The building loomed in front of them, tall and intimidating a strong frame a building that took months of engineering and designing. Grinning she eyed the building and tilted her head "ya think you can take it down" someone in the background said. Her grin only widened as she tossed a new explosive of hers into the air and catching it as it dropped back down. "Yeah...no problem.." she said popping her shoulders.

She practically flew through the front door and zipped around the building leaving small little explosives at key points in the buildings frame. At the top of the building she placed her hands on her hips and smiled triumphantly, the sun shining right on cue behind her.

Ooh's and Aah's went up from below as she let out a satisfied laugh, running she jumped off the building and did a flip. Hitting the ground her knee's bent slightly from the impact. Though in all actuality it should have killed her, instead she walked away from the building all movie star like as the building blew into pieces behind her.

She stood there as the building burned her hands on her hips as people clapped.

Then the sky darkened and someone loomed over her, it was reks and he was carrying a belt. "You've been bad!" he said. She turned on her heel and ran but as all bad dreams go it got worse and she ran into medic and fell on her ass "Oh it's you...." she said pulling out a giant needle grinning. Behind her reks came strolling along with the same grin. "No no no! This can't be happening." she said staring in horror at the two approaching figures.
"

A loud bang caused Ari to bolt upright in her cot with a loud " NO I PROMISE I WON'T DO IT ANYMORE!" she screamed her eyes wide. Looking around her she let out a relieved sigh realizing it had just been a nightmare. Glancing around her face reddened slightly and she looked around hoping no one had heard her little outburst. Stretching she swung her legs over the edge and raised her hand to her mouth hiding a rather large yawn. Blinking her body twitched as she heard medic's angry voice yell at the noise makers, she REALLY didn't want to mess with medic and was sure as hell gonna avoid the hell out of her for awhile.

Standing up she bent over and winced slightly as the pain from the beating she received yesterday caught up with her. Lightly rubbing her backside she let out a small sigh as she collected her clothes. Dropping her stuff on the messy cot she ran her fingers through her hair to get some semblance of control over it. Braiding it back into it's usual style she tied it off and took her clothes into the bathroom.

" Wonder whats going on....." she said trailing off as she pulled her black shirt over her head. Brushing the stray hairs from her face she adjusted the half shirt. "Oh! Maybe a mission?" she thought getting a little excited as she pulled her skorts and winced as it rubbed against the newly forming bruises. Pausing she grimaced realizing that if it WAS a mission she might get injured...which meant a trip to medic, for once she sort of didn't want to go on one.

Tying up her boots she tossed her sleep shirt over her shoulder and threw it on her bed before heading to the comm center. Both gray and ace were there, Ari hadn't grabbed any of her materials....yet. She saw that the new guy was all geared up though and she eyed the mask of his. She'd heard a few things about it him and a small smile moved over her lips as she leaned against the wall.

Reks, accustomed to watching the ranch's perimeter, had taken the first shift that night. First shift was better than second shift, usually. Usually. Usually, it meant you then got to then sleep in once your shift was over, as opposed to waking up early if you were the one taking over.

Motherfucking Raid Day.

There were noises. There were lots of noises. Reks rolled over in his cot. More noises. First loud banging, then shouting. Then other voices. He rolled over again. Then more voices. Lots of shuffling, shifting about. At one point he heard someone else scream out. It was brief, but it was enough; if he were to count the hours of sleep he'd just gotten, he'd be able to do so with one hand, and with fingers to spare.

"Son. Of. A. Bitch. Areyoukiddingme." Rolling over again, wincing a pair of aching eyes, his open palm smacked atop the pile of belts and weapons and accessories and what have you that lay beside his cot. "Nngh... One more sound," as he grabbed a grenade from the belt. Deftly he unattached the grenade from the fabric, rolled onto his back, and slid the pin out with the same hand he held it with, letting the thin piece of metal clatter against the floor. "I swear to God, I'll fucking do it."

He laid there then for a few seconds, stretched out on his back, the back of one arm shielding his shut, tired eyes, eyes that were aching for sleep yet already crusted at the same time, and his other hand aloft, straight up, grenade held firmly in his palm. Reks was eccentric, but he wasn't nuts; his hand held clasped around the trigger, a safety mechanism that prevented a grenade from exploding even without the pin...so long as it was held down.

He half yawned, half groaned, rolled over, and for the time being, fuck you, world.

Ten minutes passed before he finally decided to get up. Rolling over with another groan, he set a pair of bare feet to the floor while a palm reached to rub at his face. "Nmh," came an exhale into it, before raising that hand to rub at his eyes. Then he glanced at his other, blinking. Fuck. Where did that pin go?

Reks glanced around. The room was mostly empty already. He stood, did that awkward dance when something on the floor seems to have up and disappeared, and eventually took to his knees, rubbing at his tired face again briefly. Eventually he found it under Alexia's cot. Stretching for it, Reks slid the pin back in, followed by another lengthy yawn as he unceremoniously then tossed the grenade on top of his own. He stood, stretched, rubbed at his eyes again, and spent the next few minutes getting ready, suiting up.

All in all it was fifteen minutes from the time Ace went banging and making a ruckus that Reks sauntered into the comm center. "I hope this meeting is catered," as he entered, long-barreled rifle at his side.

Emilyn rolled over in her cot and noticed everyone was gone and heading fro the common room.

"Damn, my hard sleeper-ness"

She cursed as she threw her boots on over her tight black pants that she left unbuttoned and unbuckled as she ran into the common room, holding her black jacket and sunglasses.

She smoothed her hair down and took a place to stand by the door and quietly tried get her shit together.

" Sorry." She mouthed to Ace as she waited to hear what he had to say.

Sherlock was in a fairly deep slumber when Ace decided on his wake-up call. She shot up, her hand instantly on her gun ready to kill whatever had disturbed her sleep. When her eyes fell on the groups leader she cursed, setting her gun down and flopping back down on the bed.

"Son of a bitch." She muttered beneath her breath, stretching a moment before slipping from her rack and heading to the showers. Raid today. She'd have to get to the com room and sync the information she'd gather'd with everyone's cellphones. In that aspect you had to love the information age. IT was a lot easier to do that then printing out different sheets with all the information on it.

She took a fairly quick shower before quick shower and got dressed, joining the others in the com room.

"Ace, you know that's a really stupid way to wake up a room full of mercs." She commented, dropping into the seat of her work station and booting up her comp. She plugged in her flash drive, setting her twin .45s on the desk to exam them while she waited for everything to load up.

Watching as people poured into the room, Ace rolled his eyes a bit at some of the commentary. "Stop your bitchin'," he remarked from time to time when they would come in complaining about the wake-up call. "We have a job to do...and more so, we have supplies to replenish, so unless you're a fan of working with shoddy equipment and cutting back on your meals, then get over it!" Okay, so they weren't what one could call a group of morning people, with the exception of Gray perhaps, but he found himself wondering if that guy even slept at all sometimes. Looking to the man, he nodded at his commentary. "And yes, playtime's over. It's time to get to work."

As he started pacing back and forth, he locked his hands behind his back and started to speak. "About twenty miles Northwest of here is a compound. I spotted it while I was out scouting the other day, and have gone back to check on it a few times. I'm pretty sure it's a crimson dawn depot. That means no red tape. Also, I don't like the idea of having those bastards this close to us, so we're taking the compound out." He paused for a moment to let it all sink into their minds, many of them still apparently clouded by sleep, before he continued. "This is a two step operation. First, we get in, take out any guards we have to, quietly since we're outnumbered, and load some of their trucks with whatever we need. Phase two, we make our way out and blow the compound. Take no prisoners, and leave no trace. I want it wiped off the fucking map, got it?"

He then paused for a moment, seeming to rethink his plan. "Actually, take one prisoner. I want whoever is running that place in shackles so we can learn a bit more about their operations. I'm sure Alex can 'convince' him to talk." He looked around at his gathered troops, noticing a few faces were still missing. "And for fuck's sake someone go get the others and fill them in on what I've said already!" Shaking his head, he raised a hand to rub his temples. "And bring me some fucking coffee! Cream and sugar! Lots of it!" So they weren't the most organized group, but the fact was they were each among the best to be had in their fields of expertise, and when it was time to get serious, there were none better that he could think of to take into battle...except perhaps one, but it didn't matter since he was no longer an option.

Reks listened. He yawned once into a closed palm, but only once, and though his eyes still ached he ignored all that for now. Joking aside, you needed to be alert while listening to details like these.

He'd taken a crouch against a wall at the beginning of the briefing, his knees bent, his shoulders relaxed, one arm resting on a knee, hand hanging between his legs as the other held the rifle up against his shoulder, its barrel sloping up to press lightly against that same wall behind him. He waited. He listened. Then, when Ace was done, he was the first to pipe in, "Sounds like I'll be put to work." The guards were his deal. He and his silenced sniper rounds would be the doorman, laying out a blood-red carpet for the rest of the team to waltz in on. "Prisoner's up to you all, though." Reks could wound a few if need be, that was no issue, but then someone would have to carry off and tend to those people right away. Until otherwise called for it was up to one of them.

"You got me curious," he piped up on a thought. "You know me, Boss. I'm good for thirty. Ari's equal to like one and a half. You can pull a good twelve or so, and Cuckoo Ca Choo over here," with a lackadaisical gesture to Gray, "I'd put him at roundabout seventeen. So that's...fifty? No, no, sixty. Sixty and a half. So if we're outnumbered we're lookin' at at least sixty-one guards? ...Woo. This ain't just some little outpost, huh?"

Ari watched as the room filled in slowly and a little unceremoniously, acting more like a bunch of teenagers being woken to go to school. By the time the room was full enough for Ace to start she'd gotten so tired of standing she'd taken a seat in one of the near-by chairs.

As ace began briefing them on their new assignment she raised her eyebrow slightly as a few more complaints rattled out of the still half-asleep group "Who'd ever think we are a high-class group of killers.." she thought rolling her eyes smirking.

Blinking she tilted her head slightly as she listened to Ace continue his explanation of their new assignment, a two part mission...not bad fewer steps than most of their other missions. Opening her eyes she got a small excited grin as the mentions of blowing the place sky high ensued in the second step of the operation "Thats all me.." she thought.

A gleam entered into her eyes and they darkened just a fraction of a bit. It was hardly noticeable unless you knew her very well." Time to move a little!" she said stretching as Ace finished talking.

Then....reks started talking, she glanced over in his direction then back at ace. A moment passed as what he said began to sink in.."Uh hu---" she started saying but stopped "I'm good for WHAT?" she said her eyebrow twitching slightly.

Thirty? He was good for thirty? and she was good for only one and a half? Was he TRYING to publicly humiliate her? " one and a bloody fucking half?" she said her fingers clenching and un-clenching.

Her cheeks burned red and she huffed slightly crossing her arms under her chest. He had seriously taken a blow at her pride and it would NOT go un-punished she would make sure of that. "You're good for thirty? Being a little generous with yourself are you?" she said crossing her leg over the other one, not even bothering to look in his direction.

Letting out a sigh she stood up from the chair "Well if thats all Ace I need to go get my things." she said turning on her heel and walking through the throng of people in the room. She left the room with her head held high and a still hot blush touching her cheeks, she walked back to her cot muttering things under her breath as she checked each bomb she had. On a whim she took an experimental type of bomb she'd been working on with the nurse and shoved it in her bag.

Dropping down on her cot she twitched again still fuming from the insult " One and a fucking half? LOW BLOW!" she muttered. By now she'd worked herself up so badly that a blush covered her entire body.

Her first mission in a long time and it was already starting off badly, one could only guess at how the rest of the mission would play out.

Gray didn't even turn to face Reks, "Got a mighty high opinion of yourself there don't ya", he let out a quiet laugh, "But then, those who hide from confrontation always do", his gaze moved to Ace, he smiled slightly, "Don't let stress get ya down boss, if ya need me, I'll be having a cigarette by the door, so whenever the rest of them happen to get up, maybe we can get on with this". He walked quickly from the room, he heard all he needed to hear, once they were on site he would wait for authorisation and then he was going the rest alone, he'd meet them afterwards.

As he walked he pulled a cigarette from his pack, he checked how many were left and cursed, "Six?! For fucks sake!", he rammed the pack into his pocket, pissed that he'd need to get more, though maybe he'd find some on the bodies of the men he took down, he lit the cigarette and took a deep drag to calm his nerves. The last thing Gray needed was to loose his temper before all of this, he'd need to be calm and focused.

Back
Top Bottom