Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

God Bless Mexico

ClockworkHeart said:
I can certainly see your point, but I'd think if that was the case they wouldn't have made such a big deal out of it. It would have just been "Our bad, we didn't mean anything by it" and it would have been done. You also have to figure a school with such a large hispanic population is going to be aware of the holiday coming up.

I think the fact that they went to the media about it combined with the fact that they all "just happened" to wear shirts like that and are making a big fuss about how they were trying to be patriotic means it wasn't just a coincidental thing. I could certainly be well off the mark on this one, but it just doesn't seem to add up as being anything but intentional to me.
^This

Douchenozzle redneck kids tried to make a scene and succeeded. If I had 'just happened' to wear some flag clothing in high school and got sent home for it, I would have said 'Badass, day off school.' not 'OH BABY JESUS MY AMERICAN PRIDE.'

Seraph Nicholas said:
ClockworkHeart said:
I can certainly see your point, but I'd think if that was the case they wouldn't have made such a big deal out of it. It would have just been "Our bad, we didn't mean anything by it" and it would have been done. You also have to figure a school with such a large hispanic population is going to be aware of the holiday coming up.

I think the fact that they went to the media about it combined with the fact that they all "just happened" to wear shirts like that and are making a big fuss about how they were trying to be patriotic means it wasn't just a coincidental thing. I could certainly be well off the mark on this one, but it just doesn't seem to add up as being anything but intentional to me.
^This

Douchenozzle redneck kids tried to make a scene and succeeded. If I had 'just happened' to wear some flag clothing in high school and got sent home for it, I would have said 'Badass, day off school.' not 'OH BABY JESUS MY AMERICAN PRIDE.'

I don't exactally remember you saying much anything good about America till Obama got elected. Just saying bro.

ACCURACY OF YOUR STATEMENT NOTWITHSTANDING

*laughs* My point is, what highschooler would be pissed off about getting a day off school? Seriously?

Seraph Nicholas said:

*laughs* My point is, what highschooler would be pissed off about getting a day off school? Seriously?
I would especially if I did nothing wrong.

Seraph Nicholas said:

You got a point. Most kids wouldn't care if they got the day off unless they were serious about skool. Bremerton kids serious about school= 0

One thing that people really aren't talking about is how Cinco De Mayo was started in the United States. This "holiday" does mark historic events which weren't celebrated until someone at Corona popularized it in the 80's in order to sell their beer. Anyone who believes that Cinco De Mayo is about Mexican heritage, just like people who think Valentines Day is about love or Christmas is about Jesus, are quite frankly dullards.

How does wearing clothes that represent the country you live in become morally wrong while people waving another countries flag is encouraged? As someone who lives in a largely Hispanic area and literally stumble over day laborers looking for work I see the Mexican. Brazilian and the United States flags all over the place and have never heard a single complaint about any of them. For those sensitive who say things like "This is their day maaannnn," all of these flags are all over the place on the 4th of July. It's a flag, deal with it asshole. If you're that offended by seeing a flag, you should probably examine your own racist qualities.

The school was absolutely wrong in sending the kids home and really shows the extent that our overly politically correct society has on our daily lives, especially when it comes to race. Who cares if some over sensitive people are offended? Should we just not have debates because it hurts someones feelings? Of course not. It is our civic duty to debate issues especially when the rules protecting peoples feelings aren't applied to everyone. The mainstream media has virtually ignored the riots in Santa Cruz a week or so ago during a pro immigration protest, raced based violence in San Francisco over the same issue, and people can't forget the numerous college professors who teach their students the southern half of the United States is owned by Mexico. On the other hand if a white middle class man doesn't agree with our current government's policies are towards health care, taxes and immigration are deemed racists and terrorists.

The sad thing is that if the people of the United States weren't such sissies and actually were honest with each other so there could be an actual debate on issues of race and we could actually make some progress in the problems we face. Unfortunately, the mainstream media is so focused on race baiting and keeping people divided so any chance of an open discussion is virtually impossible. In our overly sanitized lifestyle we've lost the ability to actually be what people are and have become politically correct pansies who're afraid to say what they think because it might hurt some ones feelings.

Slut Dealer for prez. You might not like what I have to say but at least I'm honest.

ClockworkHeart said:
Eventually Mexican heritage and culture will be embraced by America as whole, just like with other cultures before it. And just like now, a new culture will will come in and people will make a big deal about it.
<FLASHFORWARD 2110>

Those damn Zorglatzians and their Heepnee Day! If they don't like the North American Union flag, they can get right back in their spaceships!

Back
Top Bottom