Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

World of Vampires (Male for Females only)

Status
Not open for further replies.

MindTaker

Moon
* This is heavily inspired by the World of Darkness settings, especially 'The Masquerade: Bloodlines' videogame.

Backstory:

When the greatest war in history engulfed the globe, the human race struggled to survive in it's aftermath. The Nosferatu, demonic looking vampires that had been sleeping deep within the earth, had emerged once again. With the human race about to go extinct, the vampire known as Kaiser reveals the existence of the Kindred to the world. Armed with the copious amount of blood from the rest of human race to enhance their fighting abilities, the Kindred drove the Nosferatu back to the Necropolis and saved the planet...

Cut 200 years later...

The sun no longer shines on the world, the days look about as bright as a rainy morning and the nights are pitch black.

Kaiser is now the World President and the Kindred live like royalty, with major houses controlling countries and even continents across the globe. Most high ranking jobs belong to vampires, though they encompass a mere fraction of the world population. Their nights are spent atop skyscrapers, engaging in fancy parties.

Humanity lives in peaceful co-existence with their vampire saviors and it is their 'civic' duty to regularly donate blood in the appropriate locations...

Kindred: Kindred are the 'true' vampires, sons and daughters of Cain. They are long-lived, extremely powerful and highly arrogant. And yes, they burst in flames when they come in direct contact with sunlight.

Nosferatu: The Nosferatu are subterranean vampires whose appearance resembles the legendary vampire of whom they're named after. Currently, they're thought to be driven back for good.

Familiars: Familiar are human beings who have glyphs painted on the sides of their neck, specifically the jugular veins. Drinking blood from Familiars is considered a crime and is highly frowned upon. A human can become a Familiar by being friends with a vampire or working in a high ranking job. Almost all legislative and government employees are Familiars.

Sharif:
Derived not from the word 'Sherrif' but from the Arabic term 'honorable one'. Sharifs are humans who managed to gain the honor of being bodyguards to the head of a Kindred house.

Well, that's a rough sketch of the world. You notice it focuses more on political backstabbing (politics?! BOO!) as opposed to the stabbity-stab action most often associated with Vampires. Sad to say, I was more in love with all the power play that went on in Masquerade Bloodlines than the action sequences (trust me, play the damn game).

There are currently two storylines I want to play in this world:

NO PRESSURE:

Detective Jack Conway wasn't particularly content with his life. His personal workload usually fell into the usual pattern that had repeated itself endlessly. It has gotten to the point where he's become desensitized to it all.

"What have we got?"

"Body of a Jane Doe. Neighbors found her his morning."

He placed his gloves as he knelt besides the body. She was a pretty thing, no more than twenty or twenty one. Mascara running down her cold stiff face, party dress torn and tattered and she only had one pair of high heels on. It wasn't hard to imagine what happened to her. Poor thing must have been invited up to the skyscrapers, to the land of kings, probably by a Kindred friend or an acquaintance. A chance to party with some Kindred, the chance to become a Familiar, was probably too much to resist. Yet the story always ends the same way, one night of partying too hard and they get taken out with the trash.

"This case'll probably get swept under like all the others..."

"Keep your voice down."

Suddenly, the voice of the lieutenant bounced off the walls of the alley.

"Conway! Pack up your things and head down to the park on Kaiser Blvd."

"What's going on, Lt?"

"Got an FM (Familiar Murder) for you. 10 year old boy with puncture wounds on his neck. Now hold on to your hate...the vic was a Familiar of the Traugotts.."

"........wait....you man of House Traugott?"

"Yy~~eeep..." he smiled and gently patted his back. "Chin up and put on a suit, you're going to be partnered up with an agent of the KBI...I hear she's quite a handful. Now, I don't need to tell you how much I'm looking forward for you to close this case as soon as possible, do I? No pressure..."

Playable Characters:

Jack Conway (Me):
A scruffy lazy looking detective with an eye for detail in the same mannerism of Columbo. He is sly and passive-aggressive and puts on a mask of apathy, all to hide an accentuated sense of self-loathing. He is initially uninterested in the case but soon begins to suspect that there might be more to it than meets the eye.

Eleanor Di Pasquale (you):
A professional looking Agent assigned to the case due to it's sensitive nature. She is openly hostile to Humans whom she considers inferior. She considers Kindred who commit crimes as simply having had a 'lapse in judgment'. Originally thought the case to be an 'open and shut' one but later changes her mind and her world viewpoint when she embarks on her quest with Jack.

NPCS:

Schneizer vi Traugott:
One of the oldest living vampires, as far as records show. He is extremely cold and cruel to Humans and even Kindred, and is feared due to his vast influence and power. The one being he cares for, at all, is his daughter whom he dotes on with so much care that he looks like a completely different individual when in the same room.

Adelheid vi Traugott:
Though several decades old, she looks no more than nine years old. She befriended a human boy and made him a Familiar. When news of death reached her ears, she's descended into a fit of mad rage that is yet to be quelled.

More to come...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom