Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Email subscription being changed on its own?

Status
Not open for further replies.

moonsblackwolf

Super-Earth
I've noticed a couple of times after I receive a new notification about a reply to my thread, I stop receiving them. When I go to check, my notification for the threads have changed themselves to "No notification" instead of "Instant email notification". This has happened several times.

I use gmail and my mail is not going to spasm so they're not bouncing back as far as I know. I would like to know why it does that though or how to fix it?

I'm not sure what the problem is here. Are your settings literally just changing on their own without you doing anything to them? If so, I'm really at a loss. I'll refer your question to Vek as he might have a better understanding of what might be going on here.

I know I did this manually for people a few times, but it shouldn't have happened to anyone using gmail - how often has this happened, roughly?

DA - Yes, it's literally changing my subscription setting for a thread from Instant Email Notification to No Notification. I haven't done anything to change it.

Veskeid - It seems to happen almost everytime I get a new reply to my threads that it'll change when I go back to the subscribed threads and wait for new replies.

Did you have to manually reset it for this thread? I show you as having 19 such subscriptions and they're all 'instant e-mail notification'.

I'd really need to see when you're on, maybe over IM sometime. I can't tell what's happening because either you fix it too fast or I'm not understanding the problem.

I think I might have figured it out and wanted to tell you all so if someone else runs across this problem you can explain it to them.

I was manually changing the subscriptions under the subscription list to "Instant Email Notification" whenver it chagned to "No Notification" when I first posted and every time it changed. When I played with other profile settings, I noticed there was one for default subscription action, which was still set to "No Notification". So I think when I was replying to the thread it would change it because my default setting was "No Notification", which I did not realize until I was looking for something else. Does that make sense? When I changed the default setting to "Instant Email Notification" as well, the problem has seemed to stop completely.

I'm sorry for any trouble I caused but thank you very much for looking for the solution. At least we know what was happening so if future players come up with this issue you can tell them the solution! ^^;

Thank you again Vekseid and DA for your help.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom