Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

D&D-like roleplay

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fera Lockhart

Planetoid
Hello Bluemooners

I've been attempting to design a D&D sort of roleplay, ideally for five players, perhaps more in different scenarios. I just need people to collaborate for this to begin! Ask questions, join up!

Unfortunately, for the sake of organizations, it'll be done on another website.

Beneath this post is an overview of what I have in design. Take a look.

Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ On a side note, I tried to begin one some time ago
but there was difficulties when someone didn't follow directions.
So please, follow directions. x.x
One person failed to abide by the story and it fell apart instantaneously. Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ

I.
Literate Extremists are highly DISCOURAGED to join, unless you limit yourself. There is no definite guideline, but the rule of thumb is if I get bored reading it then it’s too long.

Setting: A fantasy type of setting, with mythical creatures abundant enough. Although they do exist, they are not in numbers as humans are. The technology level is just before electricity, with guns in designed but quite uncommon. Cannons are much more mundane in this world but are typically designed just for military power.

Ideally, I would rather have all characters be Human or a demihuman(such as Elves, Dwarves, etc.).
But here are some limitations of the character you may use.
Any character from another time period is disallowed. No exceptions.
Demons and Angels are not encouraged (there can be exceptions)
Vampires are not sociably accepted (there can be exceptions)
In any case, all characters will have to be presented to me and I will have the ultimate say in whether the character is acceptable or not.
Each character must have a very good description both of appearance and personality. If you can give the character a little history that would be great as well.
(Note, characters you already have designed may be used here. Keep in mind, though, your character will be limited to the rules and setting of this game.)
There are a lot of character types that can be made here. From warriors to mages, bowmen to alchemists and smiths, beastmasters and priests and more. Even thieves to paladins. It’s more or less up to you.
Abilities: You can direct the path of your character. What you want your character to learn will have to be consulted with me first. I make the final decision of what your character is allowed to learn. If I say no, there is a chance you may be able to learn it at a later level.

This is a writing game. It is entirely unacceptable to write “I use fire ball rank 1 on enemy X”. You will be required to write a description of your attack. The better you make it, the more damage it can potentially inflict. (It is entirely up to you how you animate your attacks)

II.
====Stats====================================
30 points are available to distribute as you like at start. You get 8 more per level. There is no upper limit to your stats.

Strength: Your physical power. Directly affects physical damage. Also allows you to carry heavier equipment.

Magic: How in-tune you are with the magic around you. Directly affects Magical damage. Also allows you to carry more potent magical equipment, such as wands and magical staves.

Agility: Your reflexes and hand-eye coordination. Affects your ability to dodge physical attacks. Essential for light weapons such as daggers, dual-wielding, and ranged combat. It may also affect your turns in battle. This is very unlikely to happen though and is best disregarded. More significantly, agility will determine turn order.

Endurance: Your physical fortitude. Increases health pool.

Spirit: Your mental stability and resolve. Affects Mana regeneration. A high Spirit also boosts your health regeneration, though it is not wise to rely on it for that. It becomes more difficult for the user to “break” concentration.

Affinity: Your natural attunement to ambient mana. Raises maximum Mana of the user, also increases magic resistance and speed at which spells are cast. (Can affect your turn position)

Luck: Your, well, luck. Luck has no apparent benefit, but… good things happen more often with a higher Luck.

Charisma: Your affability, strength of character, and to a small degree appearance. Affects the reactions of NPCs.

Mana and Stamina----
There are two pools of energy for characters, known as Mana and Stamina. Mana is the pool of magical energy for a character, and is necessary for casting spells, among other things. Stamina is your pool of physical energy, and is used for anything that requires large amounts of exertion, most notably special attacks. No matter how low your Endurance and Affinity are, all characters do have both Mana and Stamina pools, and should keep close track of them.

III.
===Special stats==================================
5 Available at start, 5 per level, max 100

Mercantile: Haggling techniques and item appraisal.

Perception: The use of your senses.

Medicine: The creation and application of mundane healing and potions.

Outdoorsman: Tracking, general outdoor survival including foraging, and basic crafting.

Devices: Activation and disabling of mechanical devices such as traps and locks.

Gear and trinkets: How well you use your gear. Higher levels make your armor and some special items more effective.

Animal affinity: How easily animals approach you. With a combination of this skill and an animal communication power, the natural fauna of an area can become a powerful ally.

Search: While perception is always on, in a sense, Search is actively looking for something specific.

Stealth: As the name implies, this is hiding and moving silently effectively. Combined with Outdoorsman, this includes camouflage.

Legerdemain: Fast hands can pick pockets, hide small items, and perform many feats faster than the eye can see.

--Special--
May or may not be implemented. If it is, it would be obtained by great measure by individual characters. Not a group effort.

Physical Boost: Allows a sharp, though temporary, increase in Strength, Agility, or Endurance. Higher levels increase effectiveness. Causes fatigue after use.

Magical Boost: Allows a sharp, though temporary, increase in Magic, Affinity, or Spirit. Higher levels increase effectiveness. Causes powerful headaches after use.

IV.

====Karma=========================================
Watch your actions! What you do will affect your ‘karma’ and reputation among people. I’ll be tracking your Karma myself, and will only let you know when it gets to extreme levels. Beware, reputation is a double-edged sword. Some will like you for your deeds, but others will inevitably want you found and stopped. Karma goes both ways with ‘Good’ and ‘Evil’ sides.
Yes, there's a plot. Though I don't want to divulge that here.

Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄ƷEvery character doing this roleplay is to be a new "recruit" to an organization.
Meaning that your loyalties are to this organization and it's endeavors. Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ
ALSO! You are welcomed to make special requests.
We can discuss it.

Another aspect you should be aware of,
A caster will need SOME strength.
And a warrior will want SOME magic.
HINT HINT HINT HINT, ahem.

There will have to be a schedule set designated for progression,
it'll have to be voted for but everyone must come to a consensus.

The actual character form would look something like the following.

Quote:

User: (Your gaia account here)
Name: (Your character name here)
Age: (You MUST give me an age, add information and or requests)
Race:
Class: (Give a description if it's rare/unique)
Description: (Appearance and personality)
History: (It can be brief, but give me something. At least a paragraph, yes?)

Stats:
Strength:
Magic:
Agility:
Endurance:
Spirit:
Affinity:
Luck:
Charisma:
(This should total 30)

Special Stats:
Choose and place the 5 points you are permitted.
Mercantile: Haggling techniques and item appraisal.

Perception: The use of your senses.

Medicine: The creation and application of mundane healing and potions.

Outdoorsman: Tracking, general outdoor survival including foraging, and basic crafting.

Devices: Activation and disabling of mechanical devices such as traps and locks.

Gear and trinkets: How well you use your gear. Higher levels make your armor and some special items more effective.

Animal affinity: How easily animals approach you. With a combination of this skill and an animal communication power, the natural fauna of an area can become a powerful ally.

Search: While perception is always on, in a sense, Search is actively looking for something specific.

Stealth: As the name implies, this is hiding and moving silently effectively. Combined with Outdoorsman, this includes camouflage.

Legerdemain: Fast hands can pick pockets, hide small items, and perform many feats faster than the eye can see.

Abilities (attacks/moves/etc)you would like to start with...
Here:
Here:
Here:
Here:
Here:
And here:
(I'd like at least 6, you can mention more. All abilities can become stronger, but new ones are to be learned to be inherently stronger than the predecessors. The "new" abilities will likely consume more stamina and/or mana. Be prepared to be creative!)

Note: Any additional info, let me know.

Note-Abilties- You should be prepared to create new and or stronger spells to learn. Although each spell can potentially increase in potential, new/advanced spells will be inherently stronger. And yes, cost more mana.
Physical attacks that require stamina for attack will require less stamina as an attack becomes stronger. The decrease in stamina cost will be very gradual. New attacks will cost a higher amount of stamina but be stronger.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom