Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

High school of the dead (Ic thread)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hiyami smiled when she saw Koga. It was quite he relief to find he was well and unharmed. For the most part, he seemed to be more exhausted than anything else... It really did look like she'd lucked out in her course of actions. Remembering exactly why she'd gone the way she had, Hiyami offered him one of the two quiver shaped cases. They were filled with arrows and they were heavy. "I thought we might need these," she said, her expression and voice relatively calm. Her calmness came from her many acting lessons. Her prioritizing of the arrows had come from so many animes.

Glancing at the two entrances to the rooftop - the door to the inner stairway and the fire escape - she bit her lip. Then, she spoke up. "We only have so long before those things make it here, but we don't want to cut anyone of either... But when those monsters get here, they'll outnumber us for sure. How long do you think we should wait?"

She saw another one joining them and she sighed, "not really sure, it spread quickly and there is no guarantee that this won't die out soon. I suggest just waiting a couple of hours until this really dies out. We cannot make it outside with all the running people we need to wait and be smart about this". She grabbed the controller and looked at what was happening, the school was not the only place that this was happening, it was going on all over Japan by now. Taking a deep breath she walked outside and looked at what was happening through he city, fire everywhere and it was a living nightmare right now. She sighed and shook her head, "Right now if this keeps up.... there is no telling what can happen". She grabbed her cellphone and tried to dial her fathers cellphone but the line was dead.

Walking back inside she sighed and looked at the only entrance inside, "We should block this stairs, use stuff from inside to block it". She sat down on the floor and tried to calm down. She needed to think about this and think well, for the looks of it there was a couple of people from the archery club and that was very good.

Koga cleared his throat, stood and brushed himself off. He lifted his gaze towards the sun for a moment, flattening a hand against his brow like a visor. From the sun's position Koga guessed it was almost noon. His breathing started to stabilize and he brought his gaze back to the two rooftop entrances. He gritted his teeth as if chewing over the question Hiyami had proposed to him. By force of habit he started to pace nervously running clawed fingers back and forth through his hair. He honestly didn't know what to do, it was rare but he didn't have an answer for the situation. One of the options was leaving hope that some of the other students actually survived but chances were even if they did the zombies would make it up here before they did. He released a sigh of frustration, watching the ground as he began to pace more frantically until a pair of shoes loomed into view. He paused and looked up to find his classmate Hiyami unlimbering a quiver of arrows. Something about her presence all morning had done something to calm his nerves and once again, the tension he felt arcing through his body, the knots in his stomach, it all subsided. He blinked once then glanced down at the quiver, he accepted the case of arrows with one hand and strapped them around his shoulder.

"I'm not sure what to do anymore but one thing is for sure" he hesitated for a brief moment "Waiting is not an option... we have to leave this place and maybe collect as many survivors as we can along the way."

Without a bow to fire his arrows from Koga figured this was as good a time as any to check the contents of his fathers case. He knelt down beside it and started fidgeting with the bindings.

OOC: sorry ran out of time to finish the post but I'll be back on around 5pm ~laterz~

When the others ran out of the room, Lance was still looking out of the windows. He had seen the attack himself, noticing how it quickly spread into a pandemic. “So what do we do?” Lance asked the others, quickly realizing they had left him alone. He had heard shouting behind him, but he had paid more attention to the scene below. When he glanced around the corridor he noticed a similar scene. Students bashing other students in with pipes, people trampling other students, a large teacher ripping out a throat. Lance noticed how people who fainted were mostly left alone. People who screamed or made noises were their main attention. “sound” het muttered as he grabbed his bag.

He inspected the contents of it. Two large and long chains of iron, a box of food, two bottles of water and a basic box of first aid he had bought for the judo club. He quickly placed them back in his bag, except the chains. He wrapped them tightly around his wrists and fist, making sure they did not rattle. He knew that punching someone bare handed would cause injury, not to mention infection.

He placed the bag on his back, slowly creeping out of the room. He kept to the sides of the long hallway, making sure he caught as much shadow as he possibly could. His footsteps mimicking his father when stalking a deer. He crawled, creeped, walked to the best of his abilities. Once he was tempted to save a male student, stopping only because of the bite wound on his neck.

The next hour or so was spend with him moving from classroom to classroom, finding shelter were possible. He had collected a few knifes from some of the corpses, guessing some students had broken in the kitchen for defense. When he reached the top floor, he noticed some movement heading towards the roof. A few students were rushing there for shelter, only to be caught at the last moment. The Roof was littered with pebbles, making a stealthy approach almost impossible.
He knew he had to make a run for it.

He counted twelve infected walking on top of the roof. He knew he could dodge a few of them, but he would have to deal with some of them. He grabbed few pebbles making sure he had a handful at least. He threw the pebbles against an iron pipe, repeatedly making loud banging noises. When the infected moved towards the pipe, he rushed. He was halfway there when two of them tried bite him. He blocked one of them with his wrist, the iron chains preventing any contact. He grabbed its sleeved and used a judo throw. His ippon seoi nage worked like a charm, the infected now flying of his shoulder, its head heading towards the ledge. He plunged a knife in the other one, blood splashing across his arms and chest. He had stabbed it in its long, yet it kept swinging at him.

He moved backwards, almost falling over the other infected. “not moving” He muttered as he noticed the cracked skull it was now displaying. He unraveled one of the chains and used it as a whip, smashing the infected student against the side of its head. He kept swinging over and over again, not stopping until its face was hardly recognizable. He left it, only half aware that it was toppling over, as he made his way over to the barricade. A few tables had been placed to prevent entry. Quickly moving a few tables, he granted himself entry. He wrapped one of the large iron chains around the barricade, making sure they now had added security.

When he entered the room he blurted out while gasping for air. “Sounds… Sounds.”

Raven had been so shocked and absorbed in her own little world when people came up to the roof with her she was totally oblivious. Once she looked up she realized what was going on and she jumped up thanking god for her luck, she couldn't believe that there were more survivors, not to mention they fact that they all seemed so much more calm than her at first glance. There was one problem though, she saw survivors, even a few zombies who had managed their way up seemed to be taken care of by yet another survivor but one thing was missing, the girl who had the plan to ascend to the roof in the first place, Raven was a bit taken aback, had she not made it?

She took a deep breath before she dropped and stamped out her cigarette, she then shouldered the duffel bag not sure when they would have to run and having it sitting away from her wasn't a good idea. Once she got over to the two survivors she made a realization, they were her classmates Hiyami and Koga if memory served, neither of them had she really talked to but she knew of them nonetheless which brought a bit of calm to the situation, people she knew, safe, maybe her loved ones were safe as well. She didn't dwell on the thought though, now that she wasn't alone she had calmed down a bit and she didn't want to die so she turned to those two, "Um... What should I do to help?" she asked hoping to be of some use, she wanted to survive and in order to do that working together with people who seemed to know what they were doing and the weapons gave her that impression.

Hiyami nodded at their words. "The couches, the smaller chairs, the coffee table..." She thought about what would be of use. Watching Koga fiddling with the case, though, she crouched down next to him. "Isuzu-kun, shouldn't you do that inside the room?" She was referring to the room they were beside at the top of the building. Without really waiting for an answer, she paused only to scoop up his other belongings and pulled him into the room. A loud creaking sound alerted her to the fact that the infected had made it up... And a cracking sound told her that the partial barricade they'd set up had already been destroyed.

Biting her lower lip, she quickly looking out the open door. She didn't see any students - just the infected. Without waiting, she quietly shut the door and turned the lock. They wouldn't hear them as long as they weren't loud, she'd deduced. They would be okay.

The sound of fighting, took her over to one of the windows. Outside, she saw a student - still unbitten - with chains on his hands who was fighting them. She immediately unlocked the door, pulling it open just in time for him to enter. At his panted words, she quietly shut the door, turning the lock once more. Now, between Akira, Raven, Lance, Koga, Sandra and herself, there were six of them.

"I noticed that," she agreed. "They don't seem to sense us with their eyes."

To Raven, she smiled. "For now, just trying to come up with ideas of how to get out of here and to safety is our greatest concern."

Not even a minute after Koga had gotten down to work open the locks on his antique case was he already feeling himself being pulled away by the back of his shirt. Hiyami brought up a valid point, maybe he shouldn't be doing this right out in the open. Making sure to snatch the handle of his case before doing so he allowed himself to be guided into the safe house. While making their way over Koga noticed another girl following along, if memory served him correctly the girl's name was Raven. A student here, the two never formally met but Koga remembered always passing her in the hall and hearing her name being thrown around the school. Raven was saying something but he couldn't make out any of the words as he was more focused on keeping his balance while being dragged along and handling an awkwardly cumbersome carrycase. Eventually Hiyami released him and the scene had changed, they were all suddenly huddled inside a small crudely constructed room with a single T.V., some assorted furniture and cleaning supplies that rested on a few wooden shelves.

Koga instantly felt a tinge of claustrophobia and shouldered his way towards the corner of the room. He loosened a few buttons at the top of his white shirt and tugged on his collar as a few beads of sweat accumulated on his forhead. He tried to imagine the room empty and continued to hoist his case onto the mattress at his knees, both hands going straight for the bindings once again. This time he managed to release the holds over the container and lifted the top up. Inside was an old longbow resting atop folds of plush red velvet. The craftsmanship for it's estimated age was remarkable, there were a few nicks in the glossy surface but other than that the weapon was still in great shape.

Along side the bow was a coil of string, pulling both out and wasting no time Koga still struggled to thread the massive bow. With tendons rising in both arms and thin muscles shaking fiercly it must have taken a good five minutes before he was finally able to finish stringing his weapon. Just then Koga heard some of the other students shifting behind him, quickly he turned and they'd allowed another student to enter. He immediately recognized this boy as one of his classmates but never realized just how big he was until now. Lance was a giant compared to him! With anvils for hands that were currently bound in iron chains and splattered with gore, it was no wonder he survived.

Koga took a step back and settled down at the edge of the mattress with his bow resting over his knees. Glancing down at the antique case a second time Koga noticed that something else was tucked beneath the velvet interior. Probing around he unveiled a small collection of arrows with elaborately designed heads, each was obviously designed to deliver a gruesome death. After studying every projectile individually he added them all to the quiver Hiyami gave him and turned his attention towards the television.

Keko was in the gym waiting in her office for her students to get there as she chowed down on her breakfast that was simple white rice and a few figs as she watched the door as people walked in making sure no one tries sneaking into her class room hearing the scream out side walking out side grabbing he wooden sword thinking it was just a few boys in a fight or giving a girl a hard time but when she got out there she saw the blood from the other coach then see him get up and bit another teacher she had tryed getting the students to calm down but it was no use that were all in a panic running all over the place with no way to control them returning to her office to get he car keys.

Raven nodded to Hiyami, "If I think of anything I will speak up don't worry" she said as she began to think, she wasn't the best thinker and she knew her ideas wouldn't be as good as most of the others but as far as she could see the school was not a good place to hide, there were tons of people, zombies closing in, and the barricade no matter what would break down eventually and though it was safe here she felt a bit nervous about just sitting around and doing absolutely nothing. That being said she kept her bag on her shoulder as she looked around the room for anything worth using as a weapon or anything of the sort but she couldn't really see anything worth the extra weight so she just went over to the corner farthest away from the rest and leaned against the wall looking down at her shoes and taking a deep breath.

She looked around the room at the others, they were all different types of people and as such she knew she wasn't the one to look to for answers but she seemed to know who would. Akira was known as the smartest girl in school and she was sure to have some sort of plan in her head and that was who she was hoping would speak up and as such she just watched them all for awhile, wondering if anyone else was as scared as she was, they seemed calm and collected while her hands were still shaking. "Um Akira... What do you think we should do?" she asked hoping that someone else had a plan, if she knew they had a plan she figured she could calm down and honestly she just wanted to get out of this small room and somewhere safer as soon as humanly possible.

"Thank you, Raven," Hiyami said with a smile. "Any and all contributions are worth something."

She couldn't help but allow the thoughts to process for a few moments before finally speaking up. "I've noticed - and I believe Lance has as well - that these particular... zombies... for the lack of better terms... are entirely reliant on their sense of hearing. If we remain silent - or as near it as possible, without any unusual sounds, we should be able to escape..." She held her bow upright beside her, the string taut, though it wasn't drawn, no arrow yet nocked. "Which brings forth another problem. Does anyone have any suggestions as to how we might get out of here or where we might be safe for a while?" She nodded towards the television. "Especially seeing as it looks as though we're not the only ones in trouble."

Hiyami then bit her lip again. "Also... it might be a good idea to share our strengths and weaknesses so we can come up with a stronger plan. My strengths, for example, are archery, logic, and an understanding of human nature. My weaknesses are my clumsiness, which does hit every now and again when I'm not paying attention."

Koga Isuzu sat hunched over the edge of the mattress surrounded by students, turning his head back and forth Koga's attention alternated between the television and Hiyami's conversation with Raven, both in which he seemed only mildy interested. "Strengths and weaknesses?" he thought, Koga was never one to give himself much credit for anything thus he figured every one of his characteristics were weaknesses. His head hung lower now than it had before as he sat idly staring at the empty gap between his feet. For some reason he couldn't shake this feeling of self-loathing that settled in the pit of his stomach, at the moment he wasn't sure what he could do for the group beyond sacrificing himself to the zombies to buy the others some time. Suddenly a small flicker of motion caught his eye and drew his attention back towards Hiyami who had a firm grasp of her bow. She obviously had a strong will to survive and this only made him feel worse, how could let himself become so pathetic in this situation? He couldn't, not when all these other students were so willing to make it through. Now it was clear that he couldn't just sit here awaiting the inevitable, if they were going to make a stand then so was he. "Now what can I offer the group?" he asked himself, picking his bow up Koga stood from the bed, claustrophobia no longer seeming to phase him much.

"I'll do what's ever required of me, I dont know what my strengths are though. I guess I'm an alright shot." He paused and gave a modest shrug. "I can run and I can pick a few basic locks, my only experience though comes from breaking into certain rooms in the school. I have some equipment in my backpack but I only used it whenever I needed to get away and be alone for a while. I'm not sure how well I could break a lock when the pressure is on me. For the moment I'm willing to consider everything else about me a weakness." His sudden burst of boldness was waning now, Koga went silent and let his eyes roam the room hoping now that he hadn't caught anyones attention with that random outburst.

Raven turned her attention to the current conversation... Strengths and weaknesses, well she had more weaknesses than strengths and she was not one to speak about that kind of thing in the first place. She waited though and listened to what the others said about themselves, none of them seemed to be too sure of themselves at least not any of the ones who had spoken so far but she was happy about that, if they were all laid back she would feel much better when she spoke. After a moment once she felt like she could speak without interrupting anyone she took a deep breath, "Well honestly my only strength is being athletic, if you need me to run, climb, or jump I can do it, besides that my strengths aren't that many" she said smirking to herself, she did have another strength but it wasn't one to just say out loud, "As for weaknesses I guess I have smoking as my vice and if your looking for someone smart I am not your girl..." she said before looking back at her feet, she didn't much like the attention but she was feeling a bit more calm now that some conversation was flowing, not to mention it was cool to hear about the others since she didn't know much about any of them.

She wondered though maybe she shouldn't have said anything, yea she could do anything athletic but she wasn't sure if she could do anything else especially if she had to fight these horrifying she wasn't sure she would be able to do it. She fumbled in her pocket and pulled out another one of her vices, she was especially nervous and she wanted another but she stopped, they were all close together and she didn't want to disturb anyone else with the smoke since she knew not everyone enjoyed them as much as she did. That being the case she shoved it away beginning to twirl her hair with her finger without realizing it as she waited for the others to speak.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom