Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

anonymous post/replying?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Despite the title, this isn't what it sounds like.
I was wondering if it might be possible to have a system in place that would allow people to enable people to post anonymously in a given thread if the subject matter is sensitive enough to require it. Naturally it the topic would be subject to mod review/approval and I recognize that may not be possible due to the greater load on the mods/admins. But I'll ask any way.

One example of such a topic would be if I were to ask: are you particularly religiously conservative, if so, how do you reconcile your rp preferences to your religious beliefs?
Mind you, I would never ask such a loaded question so bluntly or with such a dickish/accusing tone--or at all, but you get the idea.
Obviously, given the nature of some people's kinks, mine included, it would not be to everyone's liking to have a name attached to their answer. Even if nobody knows their real one.
I'm sure the mods would need to have access to names to avoid trolling/flaming, and each anon would need a unique number to avoid slanderous statements, but I think that such a system could be conducive to better discussion of potentially controversial thing within the blue moon academy.

I really don't think that such a question would be as controversial as you might believe. I think that given the fact that this is a website which thrives on a wide range of sexual preferences and encourages people to explore them would mean that critical comments towards people's answers to such questions wouldn't be so much of a problem. The PvP forum has just recently been closed which shows that the mods are against intolerance and so I'm sure if there were some flaming or slanderous comments they would be dealt with appropriately. Saying this, the person asking/answering the question needs to realise that people are bound to disagree with their answers, BM has a very diverse population, but also a very mature population. I'm sure such a topic can be raised without name calling coming into it.

Also, I'd like to point out that many people on this site - including yourself - have either an f-list or a rabbit hole, so it's hardly like your kinks are not public knowledge anyway.

The internet can be a pretty anonymous thing, if you let it. I don't really think that a second layer of anonymity, on top of your username, is necessary.

As EA said, you'll find this to be a pretty respectful bunch, unlike some other places out there. Additionally, anything of the more mature/opinionated nature such as you're describing would be discussed in the subforum Blue Moon Academy, which is a section of the site where respectful debate is encouraged, and blatant disrespect is not tolerated. Feel free to browse that area if you haven't already, to get an idea of the level of constructive discourse.

If you still feel uncomfortable at that point in engaging openly about certain topics, but still wish to, then maybe you can make a second account for the site solely for that purpose? I think that's alright, but a moderator or administrator will hopefully correct me here if it isn't.

I'm in agreement with what both EA and ADF have said. Academy might be the place for you if you wish to bring up touchier topics like you've mentioned. Though, do be aware, that Academy encourages debate. That said, do expect people to play devil's advocate even if they agree with your views and opinions. Also, do not take the debate personally. It's all for the sake of discussion and broadening one's perspectives. It's not meant to belittle or make someone feel like they're being singled out. So, do please keep that all in mind. Overall, the section is very well run and moderated carefully. As suggested, do read over some of the various threads to get a feel for how the back and forth banter typically runs.

Also, it was mentioned that you could make a second account. Yes, you can. BMR doesn't have any rules against multiple accounts, however, it's frowned upon if you have too many. One or two or three isn't a big deal, but you become questionable when you start to exceed that level even if there's no rule against doing so. That said, if you'd feel more comfortable doing that, please feel free to do so. No one will know it's you, your privacy will be respected. :)

Erm....that wasn't quite my point, but it is close.
I'm not worried about me bringing up such subjects, but I have been in other communities that have a diverse population that don't deal as well with differing opinions *hack**cough*literotica*choke**wheezing* and that's no worry to me. But I do recognize that other people might not be so comfortable with identifying themselves as--for example: a Mormon or other equally conservative religious group given a penchant for incest or gay/trans sex characters.
I am happy to see that the staff is on top of through game, but if I were a (insert evangelical church here) goer, I wouldn't want to be id'ed even with only a handle to go by.
My only interest in asking is other people's comfort.
That said, I believe I'm going to ask my question there soon.

Well, I can tell you this. I'm an atheist. I'm comfortable with my beliefs (or lack there of, depending on how you view it), but I'm very all right with those who practice a religion. I may not agree with them, but I'm respectful so long as I am respected in return. I have my opinions on the church and the whole believing in a god bit, obviously, but that doesn't mean I won't tolerate someone with differing opinions. In fact, some of my closest friends are church goers. We just know not to discuss such things unless we're ready to debate. XD

I honestly believe you'll find that sort of respect here for the most part on BMR. The members are fairly courteous. And those who aren't are spoken to. Just remember if you're attacked for something for no reason other than stating your opinion, rather than lashing back, try to avert the situation and report it. A staff member is always willing to help out members and work through remedying situations. Such occurrences are rare though. So, I really don't think you'll have any worries here. Debates? Most likely. But attacks? probably not. :)

I'm not entirely sure what your point is, if we haven't already answered it.

As far as I know, you are DarkenedKnight. That is all. I know nothing of DarkenedKnight other than that s/he is a user on a website. And unless DarkenedKnight chooses to reveal identifying information about himself/herself, such as publicly displaying an email, pictures, or any sort of information that could connect back to you outside of here, I will continue to know nothing about you, and thus be unable to link anything you say to any actual person outside of the internets. This, obviously, is an example that stands true of all users here, as the only identifiable information that will ever be displayed is that which they choose to.

If someone is hyper-sensitive about that sort of thing, then it would be in their best interest to not post personally identifying information. There's no reason someone cannot contribute to a sensitive conversation without giving up their anonymity unless they choose to.

Also, I think a church or whatever group you're worried about would be more concerned with all the rampant smut around these parts than a few open opinions. =)

If that isn't enough, then...idunno? Invest in a tinfoil hat.

*looks back at his posts*

*facepalms*
Damn my shy, political correctness...

Loled at tin foil hat!

My point is that there may be members of conservative churches on this site who enjoy the smut but would rather not identify themselves as such because of the shame they associate with the rps they enjoy. And/or they don't want to be seen as hypocrites, even if nobody thinks of them that way.
Personally, I am of the opinion that as long as (the hypothetical) you can differentiate fantasy from reality, and keep it that way, then any fetish can play.

@darkangel:
Are you still full up on role plays?

I agree with that and you should pose the question in Academy. It definitely seems appropriate for that. No doubt you'll get some good discussion over there. You may even find people who'll play devil's advocate. XD

Hehe!! Currently, yes, I'm full up. But turn over happens frequently. So, if you'd like to discuss something for the future, I'm always game. Take a peek at my req thread and such (links can all be found in my sig) to see if we match up on interests and the like. >.<

@darkangel:
Pm'ed!

I don't mean to sound like a little kid or anything, bit could I ask your help to make it as non-loaded as possible? I am nervous ask a question like this because it can reflect badly on me if I'm not careful.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom