Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Little Things That Bother You

Status
Not open for further replies.
laplace+maxwell said:
not having a fresh book to read after finishing another.

Is that better or worse than having so many books you see it as impossible to read them all? I have a number of half-read books on my Kindle. It is you just don't have a book you want to read in your hands or you don't have a book in mind to read next?

PatricioINTP said:
Is that better or worse than having so many books you see it as impossible to read them all? I have a number of half-read books on my Kindle. It is you just don't have a book you want to read in your hands or you don't have a book in mind to read next?

man, i would love to be so cursed! i blaze through books, so i've never been in a situation where i had too many to read.
usually, i just don't have a book i want in my hands. i tend to buy them in bunches, so that i can stagger them a little and always have one waiting in the wings when another is finished, but sometimes i run through 'em a little too quick and am left re-reading an old favorite in the meantime.
rarely, i won't have a book in mind to read next which is the worst. i want to read, desperately so, but can't find something that piques my interest.

People that try to take advantage of your general kindness. Personally, this isn't just a 'little' thing that bothers me, but I'll throw it out there since there isn't a thread for giant things that bother you.

RetroWitchcraft said:
Waiting patiently for an RP to get a response and, nothing popping up after a week or so but the person still claims interest.

That's terrible. =( I haven't had that happen but I can imagine how annoying that would be.

Also - Teemo on League of Legends. Nothing that cute should be that damn dangerous!

Being spoken about behind* your back.

Honestly, to all you haters, if you don't like me, say it. ;]

I don't base my modship on personal feelings, so stop trying to kiss my ass. It's unflattering and makes my butt wet.

When my roommate's one night stand tries to talk to me in the morning.

Seriously I just listened to your noise all night

we aren't friends
why are you trying to make this awkward.

RetroWitchcraft said:
People who think everything and anything is about them as if the world revolves around them (had this happen today at Outback Steakhouse).

^ This times a hundred and fifty.

Also, the television show DOG the Bounty Hunter. Is it just me or do those people act like they belong behind the bars half of the time?

People who yell/scream at you over a problem you're there to fix when they most likely created the problem in the first place.

Kids who have to be the center of attention all of the time and throw fits when they are not - especially when their parents drag them into nice restaurants.

Predatory Fantasia said:
Kids who have to be the center of attention all of the time. and throw fits when they are not - especially when their parents drag them into nice restaurants.

To be honest, they shouldn't be in restaurants unless they can behave, and that's the parents fault for not getting that children don't have filters when they talk.

-Babies in movies/restaurants/on planes. Seriously? Just no.

Babies at the movies... no.
Babies on planes... no, if you can manage. Sometimes, you have no choice in that.
Babies at restaurants... depends......

When it comes to restaurants, we go to kid friendly places only and places where we KNOW the kids love the food. If the kids act up, one of us will take the misbehaving child away from the scene and outside so that we can 'talk' to them. Usually, this works if this happens. If not OR if the kids act up to a point of ridiculousness (which can happen unexpectedly despite everything) we pretty much ask our waiter/waitress to pack things to-go and promptly leave. We also make sure that if any mess is made, that WE clean it up. So, basically, we do what we can to be as considerate as possible. About 90% of the time, the kids are fine though. And if we can sense there will be issues (which sometimes you can do), we'll forgo plans and get something to-go right from the start.

To add on to the babies/children in wrong places...

When people bring their sticky children in the store and let them go apeshit while they look at the shoes. I've found candy blobs over some of my favorite shirts.

--+Hahvoc Requiem+-- said:
I mean the kids who scream in any of the above places and their parents just tell them to be quiet or completely ignore it.

That's just negligent parenting... I hate that nonsense. There's nothing worse than when your in a situation where another kid is doing something to your own and YOU have to intervene b/c the parent sits on their ass and says from afar, "So-and-so... stop it." And then continues doing their texting, phone convo, whatever.

RetroWitchcraft said:
To add on to the babies/children in wrong places...

When people bring their sticky children in the store and let them go apeshit while they look at the shoes. I've found candy blobs over some of my favorite shirts.

Again, negligent parenting. This is why strollers exist. They are useful and meant to be used. If you know your kid will go nuts, bring one. You can always strap them in and make them stop if they won't listen and you have to run a specific errand.

While we're still on a spiel about kids - teenagers that think they are king of their little ghetto town. All of the teenagers in my neighbourhood think this way; every last one of the little punks. Now, some of them either respect or fear me enough to stay out of my way but I get really sick of hearing them talk back to their parents, authority figures, and the private land owner who's property that they are trespassing on. I'm gonna buy an air-soft gun and start popping their little asses with little plastic BBs.

When a customer complains about the state of the dining area, which you've just cleaned and they know you did since you asked them to wait a minute while you finished, so you do it again and then after restocking everything behind the line you do another check on the dining room and find it completely trashed. Trashed = food on the tables and floor, spilled drinks, wrappers and napkins everywhere, trays left, condiments spilled all over. Seriously do people not pick up after themselves anymore? Or they just trashing the joint simply because they can?

Writer's block! I am sure that it's been mentioned here a few times - heck, I might have mentioned it myself and don't recall. Still, it bears repeating. I want to start my short-story project but I am drawing nothing. Tomorrow, I am gonna sift through as much erotic Warcraft fanart as I can find until something inspires me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom