Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

The Coarseair Chromicles vol.2

Status
Not open for further replies.

razerwing

Supernova
Jack looked around the quiet, war torn landscape of what used to be considered New York. The new race of enemies, called Advent, had devastated Jack's forces. Had his leader, Delshyk Tion been here, they would've never lost NY. But as it stood now, Delshyk was dead, along with Amaya. That's what he had heard anyway, but other stories, and sightings of those two soldiers still fighting gave him hope. For now though, the commander had to figure out a way to end the war quickly. His eyes scanned across the map, looking for some kind of weakness. He shook his head, rubbing the newly acquired scar across his cheek that somewhat resembled the one on Delshyk's arm. The poor man had gotten no sleep for the past 3 days, and he couldn't focus. "Man, what the hell am I gonna do?"

The truth was none really know what was happening, at Amaya place some old friends had gathered still worrying about her. None could believed she was gone, and Delshyk too. Soon the door opened and a young woman with black hair,eyes and totally white skin moved inside. None could guess who she was, she looked at Amaya friends, at least those few friends that had survived. "Any knew about Amaya" she asked in a soft voice. A male looked at her "should be death, both of them. But who are you". She gazed the male "her younger sister" she whispered as everyone looked her strange, as they knew she had no sister. Or did she?

Noah shoved the rubble out of the way of the entrance to the apartment complex. The juvenile werewolf growled irritably as he shouldered the last pane of glass put of his path, smashing it victoriously. He had been stuck there for days, since the first fee floors had collapsed. His pistol was in hand and sniper across his back, both just about dry on ammunition. He sighed to himself and looked up at the sky. He guesstimated at how many days he had been trapped, mainly on how hungry he was.
His eyes snapped back down to the ground as he picked up a scent. He growled loudly.
It was Jack's scent.

The young girl after receiving the bad news of her sisters dead and finding out that there is still are soldiers out that are fighting this evil source she made up her mind to join them. Of course she would be careful not reviling that she was amaya younger sister, as no many knew of her existence.As the same blood that was running into her sister was also running through hers. Last time wars and fights occurred cause of it. She picked up her bag walking out of the house, and trying reaching the main base of Delshyk. After walking long time crossing the main roads, or what had left of New York she manage to reach that place. She was looking around trying to find someone to show her how things work, and how she could help.

Jack coughed loudly, tracing a path down and around the Advent camps. There had to be some way around them. He hefted his rifle, nodding to the soldiers around him. "Alright guys, here's how it's gonna work. I know that alot of you think this is hopeless. Well, it probably is, I won't lie to ya. But, you sighned onto to this division. You inherited the dangers that were not mentioned in the job description. We will show these bastards, the same ones that invaded Earth, that the races on this planet are not going to go down without a fight." He looked around, the recently made pulse rifle shining. "We have weapons that match theirs in power, speed, accuracy, and more. I'll be damned if I'm the commander of a bunch of wimps. We do not back down. We will not retreat. We will destroy these guys, and when we do, all of you will be treated to a round of scotch on me. Now, let's go kick some alien ass." A roar was emitted from the soldiers. After the briefing, they were deployed, their gear shining, yet to see the gruesomness of war.

Noah licked his lips silently as he took his scope off of Jack's head as he finished his speech. He slung the sniper across his back and pulled out a combat knife, putting it in his teeth as he leaped down from his elevated posistion. He landed in front of Jack and growled.
"You." he said.
He sheathed the knife and extended a hand towards Jack.
"I am Noah Grimké. I will fight alongside you, if I may know the cause. I am a werewolf, I will fight for anything."
It was obvious for a juvenile, Noah was well trained with a gun from the look of his expertly-made sniper rifle.

Jack raised an eyebrow, his eyes glancing at the sniper. "Eh. That gun you have won't work here. Let me see it and I'll see what I can do." He shook the werewolf's hand, eyeing him carefully. "Do you know what the Advent is?" he asked, stepping back as he polished a powerful looking rifle. Instead of a ballistics magazine, it had a large battery pack in the stock. The barrel had long slots in it, and the tip was painted blue. Wireing ran from the battery to what seemed like a small chamber. A small scope was mounted on the top, while what appeared to be a grenade launcher was on the bottom. He awaited the wolf's answer.

Noah handed over his sniper rifle.
"Yes, I know what the Advent is. That's why I mostly came to you. I know my weapon is currently useless, tried it myself. Nearly got killed and had to take a knife to a gunfight to live."
He dropped his hand to his side.

"Hm. I'm surprised the knife got that close to them." He chuckled and went over to a table. There he grabbed the needed components to completly overhaul the sniper-rifle. He quickly welded a different type of magazine clip, changing it from conventional to pulse beams. He then put a battery pack in the magazine clip, attaching wires and drilling a larger hole in the barrel. With the last touches, he cut 4 large slits into the barrel, and with a small cutter, he engraved his initials and his division into the stock. "There you go. This should be alot more effective." He handed Noah his rifle back, nodding. "Alright. You need to follow me so we can get you suited up. We have more armor in the back." He led him to a room, the walls covered in heavy armor. "Just a quick warning, the suits are all prototype. The team who designed it decided to call it Kodiak armor. We are the first to use it. Apparently, it has some type of energy shield that's supposed to regenerate while not under fire. Think Halo, but better, newer, and of course, more realistic."

Noah nodded, slinging his trusty rifle over his back. He smirked as he looked over the armor.
"Ah, Hell yeah."
He went over and took up a suit, putting the armor on. He clipped the rifle onto his back and stretched, cracking his neck.
"Ahh, that's much better. Now, where are we all going?" he asked curiously. It had seemed to him that he had dropped in in the middle of something.

Jack led him back into the first room and pointed at the map. "The plan was that while a large group of soldiers created a diversion, I could sneak in, snoop around a little, and find some way to destroy their camp here. I have a feeling that sooner or later though, we'll have to start fighting wars in space." He shook his head and traced the paths. "You get a choice Noah. You can either come with me, or you can catch up with the other soldiers and help keep them occupied. Your call." With that said, Jack suited up and walked towards the door, his helmet visor glaring in the sun. His black armor almost blended with the rubble, and a small red canister was located on his lower back. Just above the red canister was Delshyk's legendary symbol. The pack of wolves, which was on the backdrop of an ace of spades, that being Jack's symbol. On his left arm was a green symbol, matching the one Delshyk had on his arm. On his visor, the A02 Veterans colors shined brightly.

Nana finally after searching most of the area she manage to reach the place, although she had no idea if it was the right one. She walked lightly not to make any noise as she entered the inside, she could hear soldiers talking and the sound of a door opening as she was walking towards it. 'If I decide to fight with them, i'll need to gather my mind and try my best' she thought as she reached the main entrance and knocked on the door trying to see how she would fit in all this.

Noah thought for a moment.
"I think I'd rather stick with you," he said finally. Honestly, he wasn't so sure if those soldiers would survive if mobbed by an Advent ambush. Noah nearly hadn't been so lucky as to blow up the ambush.
Of course, a spark, a knife, and a propane line don't mix well.

Jack shook his head. "Okay." He sighed and looked around once outside. "Let's go. The Advent camp isn't very far from here." He started jogging, his gear making a light scuffling noise. Soon, the sounds of gunfire reached their ears. "Damnit. We need to hurry." He ran off at full force. Very quickly, super-heated matter was passing over their heads. Jack returned fire, tossing a close combat rifle for the wolf to use. The gun made a whistling sound, crossed between the clashing of swords, and the ringing of bells. There was barely any kick, and because of that, almost every pulse beam hit it's target.

Noah snatched the rifle from mid air and instantly got an aim and feel for the gun, mowing a few Advent down with well-practitioned shots. He could feel his armor taking a few hits, as he ducked behind cover to let his shields recharge. He popped out again to make return fire to the enemy.

Jack simply didn't bother with cover. He walked straight through the throngs of hostiles, clearing the waystraight to the other side. His armor had been made of the newest matterials, such as Ferro-titanium. The sun bounced off his armor, but he realized too late that his unit had been decimated. He then went and shot, kicked, and smashed his way to a building. "Come on ya alien freaks! I'll serve your asses on a golden platter!" He looked at Noah, and shot an enemy that was about to stab him in the back. "Noah, get over here. You need to destroy this generator." He shot into another oncoming crowd of Advent. "Holy shit. They never quit, do they?"

Noah nodded and took out his knife, letting out a loud yell as he made a sprint for Jack. The wolf managed to mow over a few Advent as well as kill a path with his rifle, stopping near Jack.
"Tell me where it is and it will be blown in a minute or less."
He shot down a few more advancing aliens.

He shot more Advents, realizing that this couldn't be the only units. "Top floor. You'll know it when you see it." He held off the oncoming invaders, seeing something slow' large, and hostile heading towards them. "Hurry up and take it out." He pulled out a conventional HE grenade and threw it into the middle of the opposing regiments. Limbs flew in all directions after the explosion.

Noah nodded and made a sprint for the stairs. He rushed
up them, finding no opposition.
However, when he reached the generator, he wasnt so lucky. He pulled out his sniper, point blanking and quick scoping the guards to the generator. He knifed the last and shoved him off the roof of the building. He smirked softly.
Noah turned his attention to the generator. He found what looked like the cooling unit and tore it off with his supernatural werewolf strength. He rushed downstairs, a satisfying explosion resounding above him.

While Noah was messing with the generator, Jack had been mowing down Advent. Unfortunately, just as the werewolf got downstairs, the huge thing reached the building. Jack switched his gun to the attachment, and revealed that what appeared to be a grenade launcher, was actually something else. Six disks shot from the attachment, tearing the limbs off of what would later be classified as 'Toads'. Little did they know, an even bigger threat was looming. A threat so ancient, it was never heard about. "Come on. We need to push deeper into the camp and hit their command center! The faster we get there, the faster we can move on!"

Noah nodded and shot at a few stragglers. He smirked and did what he did best.
"Fucking CHARGE!"
a rush of adrenaline coursed through his veins as he sprinted full speed ahead, aiming and firing only a secondary reflex. He made every shot and bashed through the enemy, charging right for the heart of the camp.

Jack smiled a little before running behind Noah, covering his back. His gun tore through the Advent, but soon, a big, ship-shaped silhouette crossed over the horizon. It loomed closer, a jellyfish organism... that was flying. All the Advent immediately turned their fire. All the pulse beams barely scratched the newfound hostile, and soon, long ropey tentacles shot out and grabbed the Advent soldiers, picking them up and shoving them into it's gelatinous body. "Oh hell no." Jack saw a tentacle shoot towards him, but he quickly beat it away. Another long apendage wrapped itself around Noah's ankle, tripping him.

Noah yelped as he was tripped. He ripped his knife from his sheath.
"Heel, doggy!"
He clicked a button and his knife extended like a switchblade into a fully sized machete. There was something off about the machete though, almost like it was vibrating. Which it was. Very quickly, in fact, to make it almost like a chainsaw. Minus the noise.
He slashed the tentacle off his ankle and retracted his blade, sheathing the knife. He fired off a few rounds at the... it.
"What the Hell is that?!" he called at Jack as he slowly backpedaled towards him.

"How the hell should I know?" he yelled out, shooting more razor diskes at the thing. Since it's body was made of jelly, you could see the Advent soldiers, motionless, yet breathing. The disks tore through the jelly creature. "Hey, try shooting that pulsing thing in the middle. Maybe it's a heart or somethin'"

Noah shrugged.
"Worth a shot!"
He pulled the sniper rifle off his back, aiming down the sights. He waited, waited...
waited...
he squeezed te trigger in rapid succession, firing off an entire semi-automatic sniper's equivalent of a clip, letting it cool off. All the bullets had been sent flying for their target.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom