Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Kushiel's Craving

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kushiel

Planetoid
Great title for the next book, no? Oh wait... that would be Naamah's Craving... lol

Looking to start an RP, or even a couple RPs based on the works of Jacqueline Carey.

I'm not entirely picky about the characters, I just love the setting that she created in the Kushiel books. It could be something in the past, 'present' or 'future' of the setting. Using those terms loosely obviously, given that it's an alternative medieval setting as is.

I would love to get my hands on an Anguisette... *grinning evilly* But this isn't necessary. Hell, I could even play one.

I play both Male and Female, and everything in between. As well as playing both Dom and sub. I'll pretty much do any pairing as well. (told ya I wasn't picky about characters.) Male/Female, Female/Female, Herm/Female, Herm/Herm, Herm/Male, and possibly even Male/Male if it's a good enough story idea to catch my interest

My posts tend to be between 3-5 paragraphs, give or take. Generally settling in a comfortable range around equal to what I'm getting back in posts. I cant stand 'One liners' which I consider to be a single short jumbled paragraph of about 3-5 sentences that really gives no information for the scene.

The main setting of Kushiel's Legacy is the country of Terre d'Ange (resembling France), the "Land of the Angels". D'Angelines, as the citizens are called, are descended from Blessed Elua and his band of fallen angels. Elua was born when the blood of the crucified Yeshua ben Yosef, the son of the One God, mixed with the tears of the Magdalene and then was quickened by Mother Earth. Scorned by his grandfather, the One God, Elua wandered the Earth with eight companion angels. The eight were Naamah, Anael, Azza, Shemhazai, Camael, Cassiel, Eisheth, and Kushiel. After years of wandering, Elua and his Companions settled in the land that would become Terre d'Ange. Elua espoused the precept Love as thou wilt and he and his companions inter-bred with the native populace, creating the D'Angeline people. Elua himself is a cross between Dionysus and a wandering fertility god, association with nature, love and liberty.
For full text, see Elua and His Companions.

Kushiel's Legacy is set about one thousand years after the time of Elua, and the D'Angeline people worship him and his eight companions as gods. They live by his precept, "Love as thou wilt," and, since Naamah sold her body at times to support Elua during their wanderings, consider prostitution to be a sacred service. This service is regulated by its own guild. Furthermore, to serve in the Court of Night-Blooming Flowers, composed of several Houses, each with their own interpretation of Naamah's reasons for prostituting herself, is regarded as the highest pinnacle in Naamah's Service.

Terre d'Ange is divided into seven provinces, each with a companion as its patron deity. Cassiel, who eschewed mortal love and never fully rejected the One God, is the only companion without a province. Naamah (patron Goddess of the Night Court) is the patron of Namarre, Anael of L'Agnace, Azza of Azzalle, Shemhazai of Siovale, Camael of Camlach, Eisheth of Eisande, and Kushiel of Kusheth.

The royal House Courcel rules Terre D'Ange from the City of Elua in L'Agnace. At the beginning of the series relations are generally good with Terre d'Ange's neighboring countries of Aragonia, Caerdicca Unitas, and distant Khebbel-im-Akkad. Skaldia, however, has long sought to conquer the D'Angelines. They also have good relations with Alba and Eire though scarce given the impact of the Master of the Straits.

All this and much more can be found in the Kushiel's Legacy Wiki

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom