Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

ATLA rp

Status
Not open for further replies.

grendelsblueichor

Supernova
This is an rp for those who have submitted their applications for this Avatar: The Last Airbender roleplay. If you haven't applied, please post a character in the main request thread and wait to be accepted.

http://bluemoonroleplaying.com/forums/showthread.php?tid=18589

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Dahenahi loved the Earth Kingdom. There was so much green, so much life. All of the villager's she came across were happy and hard working. Sure, it was a little hot for her tastes, having come from the Northern Water Tribe, but she didn't mind it. Her brown hair rustled with the wind and she slung her pack over her shoulder, making sure her water-filled gourd was tied securely to it. Avatar Aang, the avatar before her, was well loved and even friends with Fire Lord Zuko, eventually even marrying a Waterbender such as herself. If she hoped to be even a fraction of what he was, she would have to master the four elements as well as the Avatar state. She knew her journey wouldn't be easy, or quick, but she hoped it would be over sooner rather than later, so she could return to her poor, sick mother.

Nahi hadn't been walking for long when she heard a commotion. It sounded like fighting! She ran around a large stand of trees and stopped dead when she came upon a large group of people dressed all in black, attacking what looked like Earth Kingdom villagers. She threw her pack to the ground, yanking the gourd free. She unstoppered it and slowly raised her hand, palm up, pulling it outward, water following it. "Stop!"

Nearby, Daijin settled himself onto a rock and pulled out his own gourd to take a drink. Looking out across the expanse, he girmaced as he surveyed the vast stretch of grass that extended in all directions. This land is so.....flat sometimes. It wasn't that he couldn't appreciate the vibrancy of vast fields of green, but rather he found himself more accustomed to the vibrancy of a bustling city. He preferred the presence of people, not that his current status would allow for such a luxury. It was not that anyone was aware he was the traitor general's son, but rather because he was certain his father would have agents scouring the land for the wayward son.

Bah, people probably don't even know he even had a son, Daijin thought vindictively. He hid my mother's and mine own existence quite well. Heh, probably ended up coming back to bite him. If it weren't for his sheltered existence, he might've actually fallen in line with his father. The last few weeks he'd spent wandering had convinced him that it was certainly a possibility. But perhaps it's best not to dwell on such.

Looking around, Daijin accutely became aware of how open it was around him again. This isn't the best spot to rest actually. Looking ahead, he spotted a large cluster of trees off in the distance. Perhaps I ought to head over there to rest. Standing up, he checked his sword and pack to make sure they were secure before beginning to walk again.

Nahi did her best to fend off the black clad fighters, using her water as a whip to send them flying or freeze them in place, her hand moving like a gentle snake as the water went off and did her bidding. There were just too many of them, twenty, maybe thirty. She couldn't take them all on by herself. She didn't know if the villagers could fight, but she could sure use the help about now. Some had run off and she just prayed that they were going to get help rather than hide.

Lawan always enjoyed traveling alone. It allowed her to keep her own pace, and set her own destination with no one else to argue about it but herself. However, traveling alone also had its downsides.

Having just broken free of a stressful sickness, and headache, with no villages in sight for miles; Lawan was in a weakened state, which was primarily brought on by the stress of her lonely trek. However, that did not prevent her from catching and frying up some fish from a nearby creek.

Lawan had made a quick setup to rest for a few hours while she ate and regained her strength. It was an inconvenience, but it was essential to pay attention to one's health. She had not found the avatar yet, and more and more militants from her nation continued to badger her for service. Lawan had made excuse after excuse, but she knew sooner or later, that her name, reputation, her life, or worse, her family, could be at stake. She had extended her travels these past few months to deliberately avoid being recruited as supporter of the current upheaval in her land, but even then Lawan knew that it would only be a matter of time till it was no longer safe to travel even abroad.

She smiled, sitting there on a boulder happy to knew that her condition was improving, but no where near could it be considered one hundred percent. The trees at the edge of the forest were keeping the temperature at a fair level, and the fields out before her were an expansive trek that she was not ready for just yet, so she rested. Her traveling cloak, carrying bags, purple thigh boots, and her chain whip were all right next to the boulder, and she had a small campfire in front of her. Lawan was unaware of the swordsman (Daijin) that was coming her way, yet then again she was not concerned with being tracked or followed, yet. She knew her reputation was worldwide, but so far there was no one that wanted her head.....at least for now.

As Daijin neared the edge of the forest, he spotted the brightly-clad figure resting on a rock near its edge. His hand insstinctively reaching for his sword as his side, he moved to release his grip as he realized the person seemed to not be any immediate danger. Thought she had a weapon, she seemed slightly...sickly. Possibly recovering from previous illness.

Then as he came even closer, he came to recognize the figure. Even though his formative years had been somewhat sheltered, he'd still heard of the prodigal pyromancer, a woman of impressive firebending capablilites. Thought she has now been some years removed from her grand career, she was still famous. I have yet to hear of anything of interest from the locals in this area. I wonder what could bring her here?

Finally coming near enough to engage in coversation, he squared off and bowed as a courtesy. "It's strange to find the illustrious Fire Master Lawan in the middle of nowhere. Forgive me if I am too forthcoming, but I have heard of you, and last I heard you were in the Fire Nation. If you'll pardon this random passer-by, might I know if there's something of interest nearby? This region is rather...new to me." If she was here for a show, being the dancer she was, then it might mean that many from the Fire Nation could be traveling in this area, and there could be any number of his father's agents among them. It was possibly that Daijin was being paranoid about everything, and that it could just be that this Lawan lady was merely traveling for her own benefit, but it was best to know as much as he could about current events in the region.

Daijin's ear twitched at what he thought to be the sound of...combat?...nearby, but he blamed it on a trick of the wind as he waited for Lawan's reply.

Lawan heard the man coming eventually, but she did not move. She knew that she did not have any enemies, but he was armed, a reason for concern. However, the hand on his sword soon relaxed when he looked upon her and spoke.

"I know my reputation runs miles ahead of me," Lawan immediately responded without batting an eye to the newcomer. "And I was within the boundaries of the Fire Nation till I arrived into these lands. Frankly, spending time outside of my country has done a beautiful service to me."

Skating around the purpose would keep him in the dark about her real reasons, something he was not privy to hear at the moment. Lawan adjusted herself to a slouch, raising her knees and leaning on them with crossed arms. Her skirt still kept her modesty in tact as she looked over this man before her. He was youthful in appearance, probably somewhere around her age, or maybe a bit older. His hands were not delicate looking, suggesting a lot of practice with those impressive looking blades. Whether he could bend or not was a different story, one that was meant to be seen.

"As far as regions are concerned," She added on. "This is the start of the Earth Kingdom, where the people here can be just as stoic and sturdy as the rock I am sitting on. You are going to have to excuse my condition, I have only just recovered from a dangerous setback in my journey. I usually am able to make it to the next town within a day or two, but this trek has taken a week so far. Though, may I ask who I am addressing?"

She was honest for the most part. Lawan didn't hide too much about herself, or her travels, unless it pertained to something very very important. She felt her ear twitch at a distant sound, but chalked it up to Earth Benders practicing.

Daijin paused for a moment, considering whether he should invent a name. Considering that for all purposes and intents he was a non-existent individual, it seemed he would be alright with sharing his name. Aside from that, it was unlikely that someone as well-known and public as the likes of Lawan would make themselves an enemy of the whole of the Four Nations. "My apologies for not introducing myself. Such rudeness. My name is Daijin."

He had felt her eyes scan over him, studying him with a sceptical mind. No doubt she had good reason, as it was sometimes strange for a person to stop and talk with you in the field. At least, that was how it was in his childhood. He was unsure of the methodology of people out here. You know what? Scratch that. I was raised in secrecy, of course people wouldn't strike up conversations in the middle of the road. "It is good to see that you are recovering then. I certainly know that there are a great number of dangerous illness that would slow an adventuring soul."

Again, the noise tickled at Daijin's ear. This time was enough for him to turn his attention towards the nearby shrubbery. "I don't mean to drop this conversation, but did you hear something?"

"Out in the wilderness, it's hard to be rude," Lawan let a small chuckle escape her lips as she slid off the rock. Despite her beautiful long legs, she was surprisingly short without her boots on. "But, I am glad I can now put a name to a face, Master Daijin. And, the week before was truly dangerous, but I thank you for your concern...."

She was then cut off by the swordsman mentioning about hearing something. Lawan did not protest as she too heard something in the same direction. That was not the sound of earth upon earth.

"I heard something that did not feel at all right," She did not look over to him, but rather used her hands to reach for her boots. "If you are going to investigate, I hope you do not mind me joining you."

The firebender's foot touched the camp fire gently, and the quiet blaze immediately disappeared in a puff around her toes. Lawan perched back on the boulder to go through the tedious task of putting on her travel boots before packing her things up, while waiting for Dajin's reply.

"I would certainly not object to your company," Daijin chuckled. "Although I would counter the statement before that. I am certainly no master of anything but myself."

Turning to look in the direction he'd caught the noise, he was sure now that he heard the sound of steel on steel. Given what seemed like his past life, this wasn't the first time he'd heard such a noise. Or intended to cause. Turning back to Lawan, he noted her collecting her gear and checked his sword at his side out of habit. "Very well then. As soon as your ready, let's go investigate. Now that it has my attention, I fear the worst." It is true that not all streets are paved in peace. Bandits...or worse...could be lurking through these trees.

Dahenahi wasn't fairing well. The black clad fighters now had her surrounded. She had been able to create an ice barrier between herself and the horde, but they had turned out to be firebenders and were making quick work of the shield. Occasionally she was able to use the melted portions to catch them off guard , the water raising from the ground and snaking between their legs to trip them up with ice pulling them backward. It wasn't long before they had wizened to her tactics, pairing off in twos, one to pummel the barrier with fire, the other to evaporate her water as it snuck in for the attack.

Baldemar sat inside the expanse of the chilly cave. His legs crossed beneath his as he breathed in and out deeply, filling and emptying his lungs with each in and out take of breath. As a sharp, cold gust of air blew into the recess of his hiding place, Baldemar closed his eyes, focusing on the change of nature around him. The wind rustling his clothes, making the barest whisper of sound to echo along with the whistling of the wind in such a confined area. Just over the sound of the wind, Baldemar could hear the noise of a group of people moving outside, their voices floating in to join the symphony of sounds around him.

In one quick movement, Baldemar was to his feet, his eyes open as he could feel the warmth of the fire behind him lessen slightly from his sudden change in posture. Baldemar's legs and arms moved together in a soft flowing movement as he spun round, his arms extending in a massive push as he drew the air around him and forced it away from his body in a massive gust, blowing out the fire before him to not give away from his position. To his dismay though, Baldemar could hear the echoes of voices growing louder as the people inevitably drew closer to him. Sighing, using his night vision as much a possible to see as much as he could of the dark cave, Baldemar picked up what little supplies he had left and his staff as he prepared for the worst.

As he straightened, Baldemar noticed the glow of torches increase dramatically and the voices heighten to its peak. "Airbender! Turn around slowly and we will have no reason to hurt you," One of the two previously chatting men exclaimed as Baldemar sighed heavily. "How do I know such a promise will be honoured?" The robed figure asked, not making any movement at all as he let his body relax, finding its own rhythm. Before an answer could even he replied, Baldemar attacked, his staff swinging round with his body to blow a gust of wind at his foes, the torches blowing out as the two attackers fell to the floor in shock. His night vision slightly ruined by the torches his would-be-attackers had used, Baldemar made his way out of the cave in a run by his memory, trying to be careful not to trip.

Reaching the entrance, Baldemar took another three long strides before jumping. This cave had most definitely been Baldemar's favourite hiding spot so far, it had been a near perfect place to practise his abilities as he searched for the perfect student. Beginning to fall off the edge of the cliff in front of him, Baldemar breathed in deeply, feeling the air rushing around him as he swung his staff behind his back, struts popping out the sides connecting with the main base by folds of fabric now pulled taut. Pulling up from the dive, Baldemar felt the thrill of using his glider as he soared back up into the air, levelling off as he started to make his way into the distance, once more looking for somewhere safe, somewhere he could find someone worthy to teach.

By the time his attackers managed to find their way out of Baldemar's ex-hiding spot, their target had become a little speck in the sky.

Daijin gasped as he happened upon the scene of the ambush, then grimly set his teeth in determination. "Help the waterbender," he shouted back to Lawan as he dashed forward. Sword out and dancing into his hands, he dove low, sweeping out to cut down a pair of the attackers. A moments though had him twisting the blade in hand, sweeping out the feet of his target with the back of his blade. Best to shed as little blood as necessary. It would be unwise for me to slaughter these men, even if they are scum. Following through with his swing, he proceeded to spin around and plant a heel into the fallen man's chest, knocking the air out of him and putting him out of commission for the moment. Reacting to the firebender that was reacting to him, he dodged left to watch flames shoot past him before spinning in place to plant the butt of his handle into the man's face, knocking him down and out.

Turning to the massing swarm of assailants, a calm calculating part of his mind made an annoying observation. "There's too many of them," he grumbled under his breath. It was obvious that they weren't very well skilled, but there was a good number of them. Being firebenders made them a cut above a random bunch of thugs, and that made it all the worse. If he made it out of this alive, he would have to ask why the were in the Earth Kingdom. Allowing himself a second, he glanced over to see how Lawan and the waterbender were doing.

{sorry about the lateness, no rest for the weary here}

She had gotten ready and packed up her things in a graceful haste, taking leave with Daijin in a matter of moments.

They happened on a scene of combat, which made Lawan's heart sink when she saw the firebenders being the aggressors against a.....waterbender! With that thought, she sprang into action, dropping all of her supplies and taking a firm hold of the chain whip at her side.

The swordsman had issued an expected request that Lawan happily obliged as she let her legs ignite with a leaping boost towards Dahenahi. The fire master swung over the water barrier, and caught a blast of flame from one of the aggressors, quickly redirecting it in the direction of another one, knocking him over. The first firebender quickly found a length of chain lashed around his neck, being pulled into the waiting foot of Lawan, who in turn threw him to the ground with an earth shattering thud, incapacitating him.

The fire master then stretched her leg out and motioned downward into a full Dancing Dragon stance. Lawan was intending to end this fight here and now, before more disgrace was brought to her nation and her abilities. Her opened palms erupted into a controlled blaze of her famous superheated bright-orange, fire as she sent a massive firebomb skyward with an explosive, sweat inducing bang that floored most of the other nearby firebenders.

"Enough!" She cried loudly, "Enough is enough, you are bringing more and more shame to everything I practice...."

A third and final attacker did not stop and rushed for Dahenahi near Lawan, but the fire master saw him and quickly shifted her stance into a spin that allowed her arm to arc across. The aggressive, wide movement caused a lashing blast fire against the man, hurling him into ground by the crowd with half of his clothing melted off.

"Anyone else...." Lawan was clearly aggravated but she stood up and turned to face Dahenahi asking the straightforward question everyone does before going back to assessing the threat. "Are you alright?"

Daijin watched with no small amount of awe at Lawan's demonstration; a perfomance that made it obvious why she was considered a master. It was a shame that there was one stupid enough to rush her afterwards. Surely he would not feel all too well the next morning. Truth be told, he should consider himself lucky he was alive. Not doubt the now-melted clothing had saved him from the more serious burns, but he was sure to be red for several days at the spot of impact.

Seeing that it was unlikely they would attack, he turned to face the remaining group while watching out of the corner of his eye as she turned to address the waterbender. Seems she was asking the usual question, which was all well and good. For now, he should deal with the still pressing threat of having a good dozen assailants still in the vicinity. "You all," he declared, raising his sword and point at the rest of the crowd one by one, "should flee. You all should rather not with to incur the wrath of a master firebender." The final nail driven into the coffin of their determination, he turned to look down at one of the men he has incapacitated.

"You, however," he chuckled darkly, "are to remain." Kneeling down, he dug a bit of his sword into the ground, resting the weight of his hand on the handle. His other hand reached out to grab the man's collar, lifting him close to Daijin's own face. "Now, listen, and listen closely for I shall only ask you once." Daijin's face was set with grim determination, and provided more than enough of the killer intent he had practiced upon other minions of his father. "Who sent you, and what are your goals in the Earth Kingdom?"

((Ah yes, no rest for the wicked as they always say. Don't feel too bad, as my post before yours also took some time to post. Also, I'm not sure where to go with this part, as I don't know if grendel wants to fill in what the assailant has to say or if I should just make something up. I'd prefer grendel as this is her story.))

Dahenahi had managed to hold off the other attackers. She was surprised with the skill shown by her two saviors.

The black suited and masked Firebenders quickly retreated, some even kind enough to help haul their fallen comrades from the battle site. Nahi fell to her knees, the water barrier splashing to the ground before she waved it back toward the gourd. The male swordmaster seemed to be interrogating one of the Firebenders that had been left behind. She thought she saw a flicker of recognition in the eyes of the masked bender, but he said nothing as the man shook him.

Nahi stumbled to her feet and walked towards the two males. "Please, hasn't there been enough violence for one day?" She placed her hand on his arm, confident that they could work everything out peacefully. She looked at the bender and reached forward to pull down his mask.

Instantly on the offensive, he slapped away her hand and probably would have done worse, if he hadn't been held in Daijin's grasp. Dahenahi smiled, charming and at ease. "I expect you're not some brainless lackey, but you're probably not in a great position of power either. Why don't you just tell us who sent you? Why were you attacking these villagers?"

The man scoffed, what little they could see of his face looked screwed up in disgust. "It's of no account to you, Waterbender. You and your kind shall be wiped out soon enough. You all need to learn your place! Bowing at the feet of the Fire Kingdom!"

Nahi looked thoroughly confused. The man was obviously a raving lunatic. She looked to the other two. "Do...either of you know what he's talking about?"

Daijin scowled at the firebender laying on the ground from his position a few steps away, a position he had taken to give Dahenahi some room. I was afraid he would one of my father's minions. This entire encounter reeks of their involvement. Were they here to work with the Dai Li agents...or something else? "This man," Daijin began slowly, considering for a moment how much he could give out without it sounding as if he knew too much, "seems to be a minion to that man, the traitor of the Fire Nation. I believe his name to be Daisuke, and his forces to be dangerous. We should turn this one and the others that are still here over to whoever watches over this area."

Staring at the firebender with wary thoughts, he'd thought for a moment he'd seen recognition in not only his eyes, but several of the other combantants as well. But that's foolish, as no one should know of who I actually am. To anyone but my father and his closest guard I am nothing but a skilled swordsman of the Fire Nation...and nothing more. Still, he worried over the gleam he saw in some eyes.

Taking his eyes of the firebender after he realized he'd been staring for too long, he turned to flash a formal smile at the waterbender as he bowed slightly. "I hope you are unharmed miss," he commented. "I had encountered Master Lawan here on the outskirts of this grove here, and was thus slow to notice the sounds of what appears to be an ambush." It now occurred to Daijin that he really didn't know anything about what had gone down, other then an overly wrongly proportioned group of firebenders waging combat against a single waterbender. As far as he could tell, before that they were attacking villagers. "My name is Daijin. As far as I can tell, you are a good person to aid villagers being attacked, even if the odds are stacked against you. What might your name be?"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom