Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Modern-day Exalted (either MxF or FxF)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Had an idea of running an RP based on Exalted. The main difference being that it's set in the present day with the RPG's setting being thousands of years before. Since then, all of the supernatural elements (gods, Exalts and so on) have shifted underground (got a more involved idea for the Immaculate Order, but that'll be explained IC).

Most of the Exalted stuff'll be explained in-game - the links are just to give you an idea of what various elements of Exalted are like.

Story starts with a private detective (your character) trying to track down a serial killer - either having been hired as a consultant by the police or by the family of one of the victims - and when she finds and confronts the killer in an alley, he fights back. Turns out the killer is actually an Abyssal Exalted and has been harvesting various parts from the victims.

As the deathknight shoots her, a Lunar Exalt (my character) steps in and saves her. The Abyssal escapes but a small piece of moonsilver gets embedded in the detective's shoulder and even with the help of another Exalt who used to be a doctor, it can't be removed. Because the Lunar had exposed the detective to even more of the supernatural than intended - not to mention a permanent reminder of it in her shoulder - she offers to tell her everything.

From there I'm pretty open with the plot; possibly have the two work together to find the Abyssal. If so, then it'd be easy to squeeze in the detective undergoing Exaltation: performing some great act of courage or willpower that marks her for greatness, imbuing her with a shard of power from the strongest of the gods - the Unconquered Sun - and drawing forth her Second Breath as one of the Solar Exalted.

While I can run this with the Lunar being either gender, I'd prefer to run it with the Lunar as a woman to try and get some practice writing lesbian scenes. And yes, I know that Lunars can learn a gender-swapping ability so lesbian scenes could still be worked into one where the Lunar's really a guy, but I'd rather not use that.

Also, one thing I should point out. If the Lunar or any other Exalts seem a bit Mary-Sue-ish in sheer power and combat skills, that's the whole point of Exalted. The Exalts were originally designed to kill the beings that created the gods, after all, so comparing them to a mortal is like comparing Hercules to a fly. Hence my idea of the detective Exalting at some point in the story; so that they aren't constantly overshadowed by the Lunar.

EDIT: For those who don't want to read the pages from the wiki, here are quick summaries of the Exalt types mentioned above:
Solars - The most powerful type of Exalt, the Solars (also known as Lawgivers) were empowered by the Unconquered Sun to serve as Creation's rulers.
Lunars - Empowered by Luna, the many-faced goddess of the moon, each Lunar has an animal form they can assume at any time called a Spirit Shape. Certain small features of their Spirit Shape will appear on their body regardless of what form they're currently using but powerful magic prevent most people from noticing them. They can learn other forms by hunting the animal and consuming it's heart's blood.
Abyssals - Possessing corrupted Solar Exaltations, the Abyssals are champions of death and the Underworld and have developed a science known as Necrotech (I think the name gives you enough of an idea about what that is). In a sense, they are the polar opposite of Solars and rather than delve into detail, I'll just link this page of a webcomic that explains it quickly and very easily (while also explaining a bit about the process of Exaltation): http://keychain.patternspider.net/archive/koc0311.html

Bump, with added summaries of the three Exalt types mentioned for those who don't want to go onto the wiki through the links I originally put there.

*Bump*

Seriously? No-one wants to try a plot revolving around people who get a Titan*-killing superweapon grafted to their soul?

*As in the Greek Titans, creators of the gods. The Exalted were created to kill the setting's equivalent beings since the gods couldn't do it themselves.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom