Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

100 Year War (Farcry/Risi

His comment made her grimace. She hated the way the medic had made her feel and now Caval and his medic seemed to be blaming her as well. As Caval mentioned her mouth she just shook her head, "No. He said no." Ivy places her hand on her head, frustrated with what had expired. Men infuriated her. "Let's get out of here," she said suddenly and began stomping back to the inn.

Why would that man treat her like that? Weren't doctors supposed to be understanding? And then Caval's doctor also seeming to blame her more than Caval himself. Ivy wanted to punch something, someone. The thought made her hand throb though.

Caval blinked. He had just spent time with some jackass doctor and then tried to make a joke for Ivy and she just reacted like she did last time. Sure, this time was different, she at least invited him to follow but here he was watching her just leaving him behind in a medical tent. He couldn't figure out what it was. Obviously bringing her along to the medic tent was a bad idea.

Getting up off the table he stated to walk after her but with his bandages on so tightly it was taking him a moment to get used to them and walk with any speed. "Ivy." He called after her but wasn't fast enough as she walked with anger. Once he made his way outside the tent he scowled not because he was upset but because he then yelled, "Ivy! Wait up." Quickly he relaxed his face as he made his way over to her. "If you are angry with me, that is fine but talk to me, do not walk out on me." Caval was beginning to become nervous, upset even that she found it so easy to abandon him, to walk out on him. "If you are upset with the doctor, fine, but don't take it out on me..." He bit off the rest of the statement where he asked if walking away was just how she was always going to deal with her emotions around him. Honestly he didn't want to antagonize but as he was hobbling along, smelling like pigs swill and a skunk he was trying hard to not lash out at her the way she was at him.

"I'm not taking it out on you. I was just getting away from those men. They're moronic. Also, I didn't realize you wouldn't be walking so fast. I'm sorry." Ivy was easily frustrated, she could tell that Caval thought he was taking it out on her, most likely getting flash backs to the previous medic incident. She attempted to soften her words though, knowing the previous ones had been harsh. She pushed his hair from his brow, "I'm sorry," she repeated softly, "I just hate the way they treat me. Like I shouldn't be here and should have no heart or feelings whatsoever."

With a sigh they walked through the inn, heading back towards their room. "Sleep more, or actually, whats the plan with your knighthood thing?" She was scatterbrained now, attempting to think of things other than her anger.

Caval shook his head at her question, it wasn't important now. He smiled as she touched him but then she was off to walking. "Well, I should check in with the soldiers, then talk to the commanders and find out about the knighthood. As you can understand things are still very chaotic." He said simply. "Did he say we had to wear this crap a full day or can we wash it off this evening?" The smell was bothering him. He thought it wouldn't, after all, he's a man, he's used to bad smells, but this was just something new altogether. In fact he was pretty sure Ivy didn't want to go down on him because then she'd be near the poultices on his legs and really he couldn't blame her for that.

As they reached their room and went inside Caval had a request, "Ivy, tell me about your family."

"Well, there's Alex," she gave a soft sigh, "He has a tendency to be extremely hyper active and oddly optimistic for his age and past. He's a sweet kid though, he told me he would go to war so I wouldn't have to. He's seven." Ivy's voice was light and happy, her siblings always had a tendency to cheer her up. "Rosaline is a spitting image of our mother, from the hand motions to the way she deals with problems. Very civilized and proper, which is to be expected because she didn't have a twin brother. She's the princess if the family though." Another soft sigh left her lips, it was obvious that she missed them, the emotion held on her face as she curled up her legs and sat on the bed. "Rosa's thirteen, so she's a complete pain in the ass. Especially when Alex brings home mudpies."

Ivy rolled her eyes slightly at the thought. What she would give to see them, hug them, even argue with them. Anything. Her eyes grew watery with tears as her eye changed from the unfocused fog to focus on Caval's. Her lips bunched up tightly to the side and she pulled her legs in closer to her body, "I miss them alot. But I miss Ivan the most. He was my best friend for so long. And now he's gone." a tear streaked down her cheek, but she wiped it from her face.

She wanted to change the subject now, away from her. "What about Marie? Her mother? You said she lived with your sister?" her tone was cautious, she knew it was thin ice she was possibly treading on.

Caval smiled as he listened to Ivy talk of her family. Of course there was just the joy in seeing her talk about something that made her happy. Something that blocked the memories of the mean medics and others from her thoughts. Family is always an important motivating factor for soldiers, for people and having people remember them brightens their day or makes them nostalgic. Yet there was also the important side pleasant to hear of her family. Quite a lot of them from his perspective. Sure Caval knew many families with large amounts of children and other family members living within their abode but he only ever had his wife and child. And now he has neither of them.

He understood her heartache. Her siblings sounded like a wonderful bunch and clearly her brother Ivan was very important to her. Caval had a brother who was his closest friend as well... but thinking of him led his mind to someplace very dark. Instead he focused on Ivys family.

Unfortunately that was not to be as Ivy then inquired about his family. His jaw flexed before he bit lightly on the inside of his cheek considering what he could say, should say. The silence dragged on, broken only with a nod at first, confirming that his daughter did live with his sister. He felt his heart pounding, it felt slower, perhaps too slow for what a person needs. He distracted himself with this small change in himself not connecting it to the heartache he felt.

When he spoke his jaw was tight and didn't move freely, "Yes, Marie lives with my kid sister. My sister, Angie and I are not close but she is family." He said as if he had resigned himself to that being their relationship long ago. "But Marie is happy there with her cousins and aunt and uncle." Again he paused because he had to address the issue, the woman, his wife whom had given him his beautiful daughter. The woman he knew Ivy would compare herself to. "Her mother... Madeline. She and I met when we were young. She was from the next town over." He purposefully kept his face neutral not betraying how he felt, he could not show Ivy these emotions which could hurt her and they were his emotions for a person who no longer existed. "We got married after a couple of years despite the war. She survived the war, survived to see little Marie born but two years later she came down with cholera and died." His eyes flicked from the floor up to look into hers as he spoke of this. "She was weak from everything going on, the plague, a bout of cold, our house was very drafty... She could not hold on against it. So then I was alone with Marie."

His eyes lost their light. "I was not a good father then." No he was an unkind man, too hurt to see the needs of a two year old, too selfish to help out and he cursed himself for the weakness he succumbed to during those times. "I have tried to make up for it ever since." The words now came from a dry throat and lips. Slowly he took a deep breath to calm himself. "She is a wonderfully smart child who I am so very proud of whenever I hear from her through my sister."

Thinking about the people in his life, those living and those who had passed on it struck him as being so obvious why he could not tell Ivy the words she longed to hear. He had caused too much pain to those he has loved, what would make Ivy different. How could he do any better this time when what he has brought has been such misery. Or so went his thoughts as he found himself spiraling into self-loathing.

Ivy wasn't sure how she felt about being in love with a man who had a child and a late wife. The passion that he held in his voice for Madeline was tangible. She could practically feel it on her skin, pressing into her, his emotion for the woman that he lost. It was amazing to feel it though, to know that he could feel that way about someone that wasn't his own child. She pressed in close to him, pressing his hair back and stroking his forehead slightly, giving him her attention rather than focusing on the culminating thoughts in the back of her brain.

After a few minutes of sitting silently with their own thoughts she broke the silence, "Well, you will have a second chance once this war is done. We will get a house and you can be her father." She tucked her head into his chest softly, tenderly. Ivy made no mention of Madeline, not wanting to jar his memories. She pulled away though, laying down on the bed and tugging him gently to her. Though she knew it might cause a conflict she moved to cuddle him, to hold him softly, innocently. She knew fully that he would most likely interpret it as her mothering again, but she hoped he would understand the action be one of the heart, feeling his loss. "I'm sorry," she whispered softly into his hair and gave him a light kiss to his scalp.

Caval raised an eyebrow at her. Then the smile crept along his lips as he leaned over into her. "Oh, we will huh?" He teased. "You have our life all planned out don't you, hm?" Quietly he follower her into the bed and laid down against, seeing that she was still worried about him. It was sweet. Yet her apology, for something she had no control over, something she didn't even know until a moment before. The weight of it all, what sort of father he had been, that he had failed at being made his heart heavy as he laid beside Ivy.

"It is not your fault. Please do not try and take it on to get closer to me. I will carry what I did forever. When you have a child you will understand." He spoke with quiet solemnity. "A child is the most precious and wonderful thing to ever be gifted upon you and you would do anything for that child. You make so many sacrifices and you love it more than you knew was possible and there is so much good that comes from that relationship. But every time you fail your child you remember it... you will always remember it."

Quickly he coughed and shook his head as he cleared his throat. "Sorry, I shouldn't talk like such." He lightly patted her leg. "You are still young but someday you will have a child..." Possibly his, he thought. "...and that child will be most spectacular." Then he said with grave humor, "And you've already shown that you can smother that child with motherly concern." He teased.

Pressing her lips to his forehead, she thought for a moment. Ivy wanted to clarify that she didn't think it was her fault, just that she felt sorrow for his loss as a father and a husband, but she knew it was besides the point now. And as he mentioned herself having a child and her mothering tendencies she shook her head slightly. With a soft grin she moved her eyes to his, her deep blues to his dark and mysterious, "I love you. And you don't have to say it back, but I want you to know that I do. And that will never change." Her eyes did not falter from his, holding his gaze to assure him, and though her grin decayed slightly, her determination did not. "Ever," she added in a bare whisper and pulled in tighter to him.

Yes, she wanted him to return it, but it wasn't the place or time, after talking about his late wife. Ivy knew she could never replace the woman who gave birth to his beautiful little girl, but she was glad that he still cared for her and didn't cut her out completely. But she feared what would happen if she too were to have his baby, what sort of conflict would that bring up for Caval, if not Alexander, Rosaline and even Marie? Ivy closed her eyes at the thought, it was too much to handle so she simply attempted to push it from her mind.

His lips curled into a smile as he gazed at her, a tad curious about her admission of her feelings, not that he could comment on them now. She was being honest and caring yet he was having to bite back a humored quip as he still marveled at her bold assertion about them as a pairing well into the future. Shifting slightly in the bed he moved to look her evenly in the eyes. "I can tell you are worrying. If you had your way you would be fretting over me right now. I will not stop you... but stop it." He said contradicting himself in the same breath. "You worry too much." His grin grew for a moment then slowly eased away.

Rolling slightly onto his back so he could rest his injured arm across his chest he stared at the ceiling for a bit. Of course his own mind was dizzy with thoughts of his family and Ivy's, of his solders, this new position he had been given and more. It just seemed like his life was just a series of complex issues that stood in his way.

Then out of the blue he asks, "Why did you decide to lay with me? Surely there must have been handsomer men, younger men than I who have shown an interest in you."

She pursed her lips at him playfully at his comment, but as he rolled over she moved with him without a word. For a time they were both quiet and filled with their own thoughts, but Caval broke the silence first with his question. It made her pause, pondering an appropriate answer, "I..Well...I," she bit at her lip, "My parents didn't really let me out as a child, and then I didn't see or accept the glances or advances of men when it was only my siblings and I," another pause, "And youthfulness and beauty do not matter to me, because all of it fades. Though, I do find you quite dashing," a small grin rose to her thin rose lips. "I didn't decide to lay with you really, it just kind of happened, just like how I feel about you. It wasn't a choice for me, its a feeling that I can't shake. Not that I'd want to anyways."

Her eyes were closed now though, tired words coming out as she spoke. It was clear her body was warn. After a few moments of her own silence she blinked up suddenly at Caval, "Sorry," she said softly, yet again, "I think there might be a sleeping herb in the poltice. Or something like that." Ivy shook her head and curled up slightly, instinctively, as her mind began to shut down for a rest.

Such a sheltered life she led and yet she was so confident and active in bed. She didn't simply lie there and accept her man's guidance like the Church seemed to think sexual life, as much as it should happen, should happen. He smiled at her as she talked until she mentioned that she never decided to lay with him, that it was some random happenstance. It made sense but it didn't do much for his ego even so. He accepted that it was a feeling that drove her.

Noticing her closing her eyes he considered waiting a moment until he knew she was asleep and then taking advantage of her body. There was much that they could do which would be low impact and shouldn't re-injure him. The thoughts guided his fingertips as they ran along her body, tracing her muscles, her pleasing curves, her feminine form. Lightly his finger tips scratched her skin, stimulating it without being rough enough to wake her. Once she was truly asleep he moved on to enjoying her body more, not fully as he would like but just touching her, caressing her. Biting his lip he two or three times rubbed himself against her as he struggled with his urges. The constant thoughts of what he could be doing to Ivy and her to him eventually led to a bit of precum emission. Finally he rolled over so he would stop distracting himself from her.

Unfortunately once asleep it's harder to keep oneself under control so once his subconscious took over and Caval laid spooning Ivy as they napped his body wanted relief and so began to rub, grind and press itself against her soft rear seeking pleasure. This led to him waking up silently grumbling in his head about not being used to sleeping next to such a pleasing, attractive person. So Caval was going to get back at her for making it impossible to sleep. Sliding down lower on the bed he began to kiss her along her legs, and hips as he began removing the intervening clothes.

It was not clear at first to why she had awoken, there was no precursor dream or feeling, but once she did awaken it was delightful. Her eyes had yet to open as she stretched slightly and smiled. "I could get used to this," she teased as her bare legs trembled beneath his touch. As her consciousness grew so did her worry though. How she craved for a climax, even now, but she wasn't sure if it overrode the fear of him hurting himself. If he hurts something, that will keep him out of the battlefield, hopefully, she told herself, only to accept the pleasure that was slowly beginning to course through her veins.

"What prompted this, may I asked?" she asked with increasing deep breathing. Ivy licked her lips sensually and finally moved to open her eyes to him. Her blues were squinted in the still light of the day down at him, wondering if the same rule that applied to her, applied to him too. She hoped so. Her fingers slowly found their way down to him, clinging to what she could of him in hopes that he would continue further.

Caval smiled at her question. The answer may not be as romantic as she wanted but it was the truth, "I couldn't...sleep... so I... decided one of us... should be... able to..." More kisses were pressed against her skin between his words. His mouth trailed up and down her thighs, across her pelvis. "...enjoy herself." And with the answer given his mouth found her sex. Like a good soldier he had mapped and scouted the terrain carefully before moving in for the strike, which made his accuracy all the greater.

His one good hand helped hold one of her legs aside in case she re-actively tried to close her legs from the sensation of his tongue and lips finding her mound and clitoris and beginning to bathe her in long luxurious attention. Caval was careful with his hurt arm, knowing that if he winced or in any way bumped his broken arm against her body that Ivy would end his attempt to please her. Yet right now he knew he had her trapped. He could feel her fingers in his hair and on the tops of his shoulders but she was not in a good position to grab him, something he had planned. Always deny your opponent the ability to mount an effective defense or counter-attack. No, his assault on her pleasures, on her body was well thought out and effective and he would not relent until she capitulated.

Her teeth grazed her lips, the lust growing in her body and eyes, oh how she longed for this now. The lap of his tongue made her shiver slightly, his hot hand upon her thigh, grasping her roughly and gently all at the same time with his callused hands. Ivy's head pressed back into the mattress, her fingers intertwining tighter into his hair. "Oh god," she moaned gently for him and for herself slightly. Her voice was thick with sleep, giving it a sexy edge. 

He pressed on though, pleasuring her through her sleepy stupor. More moans came from her mouth, dipped deeply in sex and want. His mouth upon her clitoris was euphoric for her, drawing her nearer to climax luringly, teasing and tempting her body slowly towards it. A slight gasp later and her body was upon the decent downward, "Mmm, Caval," she growled through her teeth as she clenched her eyes shut. 

Half naked she lay there, moaning and shaking slightly from him. There were no thoughts to war, pain, suffering, or even Ivy herself, just the simple pleasure, carnal pleasure, that was flowing from her head to her toes. 

It had to end even though Caval continued for her. The feeling slowly faded as he looked at her. Her smile grew bashful, a small blushes grin across her face. "Thank you," she said in a bare whisper. 

How he enjoyed teasing her, pleasing her until she moaned and writhed beneath him. The sounds urged him forward in his continuing desire to please Ivy. He was not yet able to say 'I love you' to her but he knew he had showed her time and time again how much he cared. Not simply through sex, though he was doing an amazing job of doing so this time but also in everything else he had done for her. Even when he hunted her down after she ran away.

Caval missed the blush as he didn't ease up until another minute after her orgasm had receded away into a warm memory. Even then he just began a slow march of kisses, licks and nibbles at her skin up her pelvis, her tummy and torso until he was ascending the underside of one breast and then covering her nipple with his warm mouth. Finally he was able to see her face and his lips tugged into a smile. He still took a moment to enjoy the taste, the feel of her full breast in his mouth. Lightly he groud her breast between his teeth, his tongue flicking over her captured body. Finally breaking away he gazed down at Ivy with a pleased look at what he had been able to do to her despite her sleepy body. "Your welcome.... and sexy." He said with a lopsided grin. "I know, you just think I'm doing this because we're getting along." He teased her self-deprecatingly, a twinkle in his eyes. Then he rolled onto his good side, but still kept one leg draped over her body, pinning her legs down. "Go back to sleep. We can talk later." He then tugged the blankets back up over the both of them.

Ivy hadn't a chance to say anything once he had finished with her. The trail of kisses along her body had taken her breath along with the addition of his kind tongue on her nipple. Even after that there were no words that she could think of to say, but he filled the void telling her to go to sleep. A sigh of protest was expelled but she attempted to curl into him, even with his leg draped across her. Her body was still tired and more so now, but she wanted him to talk to her now. She knew, however, that it wouldn't be an option with Caval. 

Her lips were parted slight, but no words left them before she fell back into a slumber. It wasn't a choice really, her body just was still warn, but her mind wished that she could stay awake, or even talk with him. Her body was bare beneath the blanket as she cuddled into him sleepily, hopefully they could stay like that for awhile. Assuming Caval could get to sleep. 

Caval was disappointed that Ivy didn't say anything, his ego yearned for her to stroke it with loving compliments and comments but still he knew she was tired. Slowly he extended his broken arm, careful to not tweak the part of the break to drape it over her. The feel of her warm naked body against him kept his soul content. Of course there was a mischievous wish for her to satisfy him but it was clear how tired she was.

Eventually he did sleep but it was a bit fitful. Thankfully he'd already gotten some sleep earlier and eventually got up. Getting dressed he wandered off to deal with a few issues that needed to be taken care of before returning to the bedroom with some lunch. "Ivy, you awake?" He asked carefully as he saw her body shift under the covers.

Her slumber was deep, but a few times she woke just to make sure Caval was still beside her, careful not to move just simply feel his presence and go back to sleep. Ivy didn't notice when he left though, but when he came back she shifted slightly in her sleep to find that he was gone from the bed beside her. Her eyes popped open only to see him carrying lunch and asking sweetly if she was awake. Her body was no longer tired but rather well rested and blushed with a pink hue through her pale skin. Pressing the blanket to her bosom she sat up and nodded, "Why do you always sleep so much less than me?" she asked softly, wondering how he functioned on such little sleep.

Once her mind seemed to stretch and wake, Ivy remembered the mide of the night. Or was it just a dream? She wasn't sure now, but with a quick look around she remembered that she had gone to bed in her clothes which were laying in a pile beside the bed now. "Did that happen last night, or was it a dream?" she inquired slowly, hoping her wouldn't think her crazy. Her thoughts also lingered back to the discussion before she had nodded off the first time. Why had Ivy chosen him?

Strong muscles, just as strong personality, he knew how to be a leader and a follower, and he was handsome. Something she had noticed even when she was pretending to be Ivan. He was quite the remarkable man, one part soldier, one part leader, and one part lover. There would have been no real way for her to pass him up. But if only there was a way to tell him without seeming completely random and crazy... she thought as she looked up into his dark eyes from the bed. As she looked at him there was this feeling in her stomach, it almost made her feel sick and wonderful all at the same time, butterflies perhaps.

Caval chuckled at her sleepy question and moved over towards her gazing at her pale skin. "I am a soldier. I have learned to deal with less. Less sleep, less food, less rest between marches, less blood. I live because I will me to live not due to some random needs of my body." Almost teasing and yet he had grown to believe this in some perverse way. Caval lived his life for others and it was living up to those needs, requests and requirements that fueled him when he lacked time for everything else.

As he walked up to her he head her question about what had transpired during the night and again he chuckled. Ivy was clearly not a morning person. "Well, it depends on what you remember? If you remember a time of extreme ecstasy, with you swearing and calling out my name while I pleasured you... Then yes, that did happen. You may have dreamed about it to the way you pressed against me." He winked at her teasingly. After putting the food down beside her he touched her cheek softly before turning to move over to his own plate he had put on the dresser.

"So, someone is coming by to take measurements for some garb I need to wear to this knighting, thing. They'll be up in a while." Caval commented between bites. He admired Ivy from afar and was pleased to hear she had remembered the interlude from while she was so sleepy in what seemed such a positive light.

After giving him a small pouty face, she smiled, "Yes, I do remember that then. Thank you." She took the food from beside her and began to eat it as he told her of the tailor that would be on his way eventually. Her eyes still blinked sleepily as her stomach grumbled but she still smiled up at him clutching the blanket to her chest. "When is this knighting thing? And should I be there or not?" she asked as she took more of the bread from her plate, tearing it apart with her fingers as she spoke. She didn't want to intrude if she wasn't invited or if it would make him feel awkward, but she hoped he would want her there if it was a ceremony after all.

Once she had finished her food she scooted out, not exactly gracefully, from beneath the blanket, insecurely once again, and crouched near her pile of clothes beside the bed, hidden mostly from Caval. She knew that if she flaunted her body in any way he would be all over her, and she wasn't sure if there was time for that yet. But she knew that he was already getting his quip ready about hiding from him as she pulled her bodice around her torso to stand up, pants already on. "Will you tie this for me please?" she asked, hoping he would say nothing but yes.

Caval ate quietly, confused why she was being so modest. Was it due to his injury? If she planned to deny him her body so he could only begin to imagine how frustrated he would become in time. Thankfully her question interrupted the dark thoughts of what he would do with her body once he was healed enough. "Hm, oh, not tomorrow but the day after." Then he paused wondering what the answer was to the second part. "Yes, I think you can be there." Slowly he nodded agreeing with his answer as he tried to remember if only nobles were allowed but he was remembering something about commoners being there as well as this would boost the peoples morale.

Tilting his head he watched Ivy work so hard to get dressed without exposing anything more than a shoulder. At least she requested for him to help her with her bodice. "Of course." It allowed him to hide his frown as he tugged at the cords, lacing her up. "Is this how you dressed back at home?" In the end Caval may have laced her up a little tighter then she's used to, probably just an unconscious way of letting her know he wasn't happy that she was denying him. It did bother him that she viewed witholding herself from him as her primary way of dealing with him when something was wrong. In fact once that thought struck him he then asked out of no where, "Is anything wrong?"

"No, we couldn't afford things like this when the plague happened, and before the plague started I wasn't as, um, developed," she game a nervous laugh as she answered, but he suddenly pulled the laces tightly and she inhaled sharply, but said nothing. Ivy was about to continue but he asked her what was wrong. Turning back to him she rose an eyebrow and tilted her head slightly, "Nothing, why do you ask?" Though before he could answer, she continued once again, "You mean because I hid from you, yes?" A chuckle escaped her lips, "I just figured the tailor would be here soon and I didn't want to tempt you," her voice turned sexual then, her hips grinding into him roughly, "I didn't want to tempt you with all of this," her lips moved to his neck as she laid kisses along it slowly. 

With a grin she pulled away and squeezed his good hand playfully. There were no more words,or actions, exchanged though, as there was a wrap on the door. "Tailor for Commander Caval!" a man's voice called through the door. Ivy turned to look at Caval with a sly grin before she opened the door. 

The man was about Ivy's height, when revealed behind the door, dirty blonde hair and a pair of bifocals on his nose. He seemed a bit disheveled but somewhat enthusiastic. "Um," he prompted when all he saw was Ivy at the door, "I was told this was the correct room? I must have heard differently..." he began to turn, seemingly to purposely avoid Ivy's eyes. "No come back, he Is in here," she told him quickly, moving out of the doorway so Caval could be seen. "Oh!" he said, embarrassed slightly as he entered the room. 

"Okay, I'll need you in your thinest clothing as possible please," he began, pulling a measuring tape from his pocket. 

Caval listened to her excuse for keeping herself hidden but then she rubbed her body against him and began kissing him before moving away. "Mm, well remember what the doctors orders are." If she was going to be cruel and teasing him then he could remind her of the jack asses who had been so mean to her the day before. Before he could say anymore though the tailor showed up.

Caval listened to the exchange and waved away some of the concern and issues. Carefully he disrobed some for the measurements. The tailor was at the very least extremely meticulous. In fact Caval was wondering when all of this was ever going to end. It was just such a hassle. As he worked the tailor talked and talked about his family, his wife, four kids with three of them daughters. It was enough for Caval to wish the British would attack. No such relief was found instead the man wanted to discuss clothing which Caval knew nothing of. He couldn't say what a doublet is or what style he'd like. Caval tried to ignore the amusement that Ivy was getting from this whole situation.

Eventually it was done and the tailor smiled at Caval, "Oh you must come have dinner with my family! I insist."

"I am sorry sir but I am very busy." Caval tried to wave him off.

"Oh no sir, you really must." The tailor continued to insist.

"Hm. Oh! Actually why don't you take the lady's measurements. She could use some new clothing." He states gruffly, a little more than he intended.

It was all quite amusing for Ivy, watching him be fussed over by the tailor. Oh, how he hated to be fussed over by her, let alone a grown man who was a stranger. The giggles did ensue as she watched, perched on the bed, acting like a simple fly on the wall. But then, the attention was turned to her and she began to make excuses, "Oh, no I don't need any clothes, I have my pants and corsets, thank you." The tailor wasn't having that though, "Pants?!" he exclaimed as he pulled her out of her sitting position and to stand. "This is unnecessary..." she began but he hushed her once again. "A dress is what a lady needs, not little boy hot pants!" he was fussing over her now and it was soon growing on her nerves. Ivy understood that she was fussy, but she was not one who needed to be cared for, she was the one who cared for others. "How have you gotten away without wearing anything appropriate for a lady for so long?" he asked, but did not wait for an answer as he continued his line of questioning. "I suppose because soldiers do not complain about seeing the figure of a woman," he scoffed as if the figure was nothing without the accentuation of clothes.

"Violet, deep violet," he told her after a few minutes of muttering around her and commenting on her large hips and small waist. "That will be the color of your dress, with a creme lace. Or black, perhaps..." he trailed off as he began to head towards the door. Before he left though, he turned to them, "Thank you so much!" he told them and shut the door behind him.

"Odd man," she commented once he had left, but then turned her attention to Caval. "What was that all about, telling him to take my measurements? I am not the one being knighted, that is you." She poked him in the good shoulder playfully, fake perturbed with him.

Back
Top Bottom