Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Love Is Just A Click Away (NightStalker73au and Searcher)

She looked at the screen a bit sheepish. He hit the nail right on the head.

I do tend to be right about a lot of things when people talk to me. You type enough of the stuff and you just sort of pick up on the signs and symptoms and what the docs prescribe.

Snickering, she just shook her head.

*laughing hysterically* Don't even go there! That's the one thing that's droned over and over. It is my nature to want to help people though and I'll pester with questions and then send them to their doctors.

She pondered for a few moments, trying to think of how to answer his question.

Not really a sticker, just the usual things to protect yourself from the bad things and if anything seems really weird to see your doc asap.

She groaned a bit, never really knowing how to answer things like that but gave it a shot.

Ummmmm ... probably duct tape, a utility knife, soap, and a good book.

She nodded to herself, figuring those were the most practical things she could list.

Well at least he seemed practical too. She'd been worried he'd say a huge tube of KY and Hustler magazines.

I like my creature comforts and would horribly miss my microwave and shower. I'm okay for a camping trip for the weekend but extended periods of time ... I'd be a true weenie.

He was not sure what reaction his words had truly had, he smiled at her response.

"Most would be like that, been to a few long camping trips and team bonding experiences over my life so have got used to roughing it."

Her curiosity had been piqued all right he thought to himself and mentally slapped himself for not wording it better.

"By team I mean for work, twice now I have spent three weeks camped out in various isolated spots."

Her brow furrowed as she imagined a bunch of accountants sitting around with battery operted calulators and sheets laying around with rocks on them for paper weights.

I guess accountants need fresh air too but it just seems a bit strange. Tell me more ... please.

He could only imagine how those words must have looked to her.

"This was not for my current work, it was a heavy laboring job that needed us to be trained together for we were working overseas. If we could not work together in an isolated spot then it would work for the overseas location."

Well that was certainly interesting.

Sounds cool actually. I was thinking Scouts or something military. I don't mean to snoop or anything, just curious is all. We can talk about something else if you'd rather.

He laughed softly.

"It was for military, hence why I have two tattoos. One of them is for the regiment I served with for those few months doing some peacekeeping work."

He was grateful for the typed out response, feeling a few buttterflies go through his fingers as he responded.

"Thank You, some very good years spent doing it."

She truly did admire the soldiers and understood the sacrifices they made.

My dad was in the Marines, retired out as a gunny sargent. What branch were you in?

She wondered how many places he'd been.

I love hearing about other places. Where all did you go? What was it like? Tell me to hush if I'm being obnoxious. :)

He laughed softly at her words.

"Never obnoxious, the locations were various to say the least ranging from desert to oasis. All of them I loved and would even say I would love to show you some of them sometime."

Oh, I'd love to see some of the places. Try new foods and just listen to the people talk. I haven't had a vacation since I was a kid and the few times I took time off it was just hanging around home.

She was bouncing along to the music again.

Back
Top Bottom