Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Wikileaks Does It Again

Politics and diplomacy are about secrets and how well you keep them (reputation). Everyone knows everyone else is lying, but thats how it works. To expose everything like this really throws a wrench in the works because it forces the public face of politics to take action will set back relations. Possibly to disastrous effect.

Also speaking as an American living outside the US, on a less dramatic note, most people are like "WTF is up with the US?"

O C T O x p o d said:
Also speaking as an American living outside the US, on a less dramatic note, most people are like "WTF is up with the US?"

It was my impression that people are usually like that about the US. To the point where I'm almost apologetic when I travel overseas. "Where you from?" "United States. Yeah, sorry about all the crazy. It's even worse if you're living there. But at least our movies are... well not 'good' but 'entertaining', I hope?"

Operation Black Face

18th December 2010 would see a “Black Saturday”. People around the internet would display a black profile picture across the major social networking websites to protest against the state’s hostility against whistle blowers (Wikileaks and Julian Assange). It would also see a number of people around the globe wearing black clothes or tying black badges on arms.

The very same …day supporters of life, liberty, freedom and transparency would write a common e-mail to UK Supreme Court (enquiries@supremecourt.gsi.gov.uk ) as a symbolic message from the well meaning citizens across the globe, pleading what the highest court could do to set a precedent for the generations to come that would protect whistle-blowers and free media.

This message would demonstrate the strength of the silent majority which today, is in favor of Julian & friends and against the governments in front of governments across the globe. This message would also suggest the governments that the citizens have digested and accepted the bitter truth as it came to them, now it is turn of state to have a face-off with the truth and respect those who helped bringing it out or else the majority would overrule them someday.

(for anyone who is interested)

Mr Master said:
O C T O x p o d said:

It was my impression that people are usually like that about the US. To the point where I'm almost apologetic when I travel overseas. "Where you from?" "United States. Yeah, sorry about all the crazy. It's even worse if you're living there. But at least our movies are... well not 'good' but 'entertaining', I hope?"

Ok true, but its general feeling was renewed. And I completely understand the embarrassment and I have felt it, to the point a few years ago I sewed Canadian flags to my baggage. At least TV and movies redeem us.

"When the people fear their government, there is tyranny; when the government fears the people, there is liberty. " - Thomas Jefferson

I completely support Julian Assange, regardless of whatever charges he may be facing elsewhere. I find it disgusting that pretty much every government has condemned his actions (Apart from Iran who think that this is a psychological attack on their country as usual) and that there have even been calls for his execution. We have every right to know what our government is doing and we shouldn't have to put up with red tape getting in the way of us finding out what is going on.

What supporters of Wikileaks and Assange have seemed to forgotten though is that the person suspected of supplying Wikileaks with this information, Private Bradley Manning, is currently being held in solitary confinement. If it wasn't for people such as Private Manning who were brave enough to access the information then Wikileaks would be pointless. Although the sources are usually kept confident in this case they have been found, or at least a scapegoat has been found and I would like it if Assange said a few words of appreciation for Manning.

LMAO Manning is screwed. I think that with all of his charges added together, he is looking forward to 45 years give or take. As for him being in solitary confinement, it's for his own safety, and not meant to be cruel I'm sure.

Back
Top Bottom