Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Thread Ratings?

Status
Not open for further replies.

candycoatedkarma

Super-Earth
I've been having a hard time keeping request threads up because people keep giving the thread a low rating and I don't know why. I wouldn't mind the low ratings if I could be told how to prevent them, but it doesn't make sense to me- my search thread has proper grammar, is detailed, and I even used colored fonts to make it more interesting to look at... so are people down rating me because they don't like my interests, or what?

http://bluemoonroleplaying.com/forums/showthread.php?tid=16860

This thread only has 3 stars because I gave myself a 5 to balance out the 1 rating I had. This thread is pretty much an exact copy of a thread I had before that has a "2.41" rating average... I only tweak it by adding and removing plots/cravings, so it's pretty much the same as the thread with the reallllly low rating... not sure what I'm doing wrong, and it's affecting my ability to find partners I'm sure (who would click a thread with one star?)

Honestly, I wouldn't worry much about the ratings. I don't see them doing much save catch the attention b/c you see pretty little stars next to the thread. But this is only based on my own observation. However, I've seen threads in the Intro section get ratings of 5 stars. I mean.... an Intro thread? Who in the hell would rate an Intro thread? *shrugs* Personally, I don't look at the ratings when I choose to look at a thread. Often times, the rating seems meaningless in my opinion. But, I am just one person.

Plus, so you know.... my own req thread has absolutely NO stars next to it. So either everyone really hates it or....... But interestingly enough, I'm far from hurting from RPs. That said, I wouldn't sweat it.

Did you piss someone off? Reject someone? Can you think of a reason why someone might be trolling you? If not, then it probably doesn't mean anything; someone's just being a dick.

It's a very nice thread, btw. Very articulate and set up very well. Can't see why anyone would be upset or turned off with the content itself, which is why I asked the above questions.

I guess it could be because I rejected some incest based rps... but i never got the impression that I'd offended anyone with the rejections... oh well. I guess I'll just ignore it or make new threads when it happens.

That's what I'd do. I wouldn't sweat it one bit. Besides, anyone who'd rate you that way.... do you really want to RP with them? No. You want like minded sorts. And such types will more than likely ignore the star thing anyway. I know I do.

Lol my dumb bass thought the stars were just to mark threads of importance to oneself so i gave mine 5. two seconds latter and bam, oh now i get it. lol wasn't thinking that day or i would not have rated my own topic.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom