Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

NaNoWriMo!

TakodaVega

Supporter
Supporter
To my writing/forum Gurus.

As November approaches we, the challengers of NaNo, should come together and band-

>>

Wtf am I saying? XD

Okay okay to be honest this thread is about NaNoWriMo:

Na-National
No-Novel
Wri-Writing
Mo-Month

Which takes place starting at 12 AM November 1st to 11:59:59 PM November 30th. The goal? To write a 50,000 word novel.

That's right. 50,000 words.

Which is...like around oh...150 pages or so. >>;

Most of my writing group who participates in NaNo...uh..are pretty to themselves about it ._. And my muse cannot handle it. Sooo I thought there may be others here on BM who would like to make their own Writing coalition of sorts for NaNo.

Since it's pre-NaNo, daily word counts will not be posted (NOSTARTINGTILLNOVEMBERD:<) but you can post your general ideas about what your NaNo story is...characters in mind, Titles...etc xD;

SINCE I started this...I'll go first :3

I got my idea for Nano based off of one of my now dead rps (D:<) So my character has been slightly developed already. I have an image of her in my head (At least my lead female) and an idea of the ending of the story...acting kind of like a Prequel to Under the Glass Moon which would end about five years prior to the current rp.

That being said...I haz no happy ending for once! *Gasp*

Plot? I no haz it yet. ._.; I'm not always very good about that. My issue is since I started doing Nano...The most I've gotten was 12,000 words. Which frankly is not bad...but I wrote almost...35K when I was 15 in the instance of 3 weeks. O-o I think it's because I had idea to bounce my muse off of.

So for me this is my Failsafe to writer's block xD;

OH! TITLE!

I was something along the like's of "Moonlight's Edge" or something along those lines. >-> But yeah! xD

I am also going to be participating. Which means forsaking all--er, most--social activity to write like a hermit.

My story is titleless, so far. It's going to be about a thief and a sorceress in a sword 'n sorcery style thingymabop. Set in a city with very strict social divisions among class and racial (lit. species) lines with humans at the top and "subhumans" being ground under the heel of epic racism. Thus far the idea is that to get a promotion within the Thieves' Guild the thief stills a potent magic item from a wizard and the day after indulges in his favorite vice--elf women. He ends up getting outed as a deviant pervert and cursed by the wizard from whom he stole. The curse is as follows: for every day the distance he can be separated from the last person he touched without dying a choking death is halved. The last person he touched would be the elf woman he fucked before he wad outed.

I'm taking the plunge this year. Going to use NaNo to finish a book I started years ago. Will pretty much have to re-write the chapters I did way back then because my style has changed, etc. Been wanting to do NaNo for a while, and finish this book for a while, so maybe I can kill two birds with one stone!

I forget about NaNo every year and this year is no exception. Since I'm about 10K words into my current project and don't want to get sidetracked (I keep falling behind on my daily goals), I'll probably participate unofficially, just to keep myself on target.

I see a majority of males participating!

Which is surprising for me simply because my Writing group is all Female xD;

Remember to link to Blue Moon in your nano signatures : )

TakodaVega said:
I see a majority of males participating!

Which is surprising for me simply because my Writing group is all Female xD;

This could be a good thing. Differing perspectives and all.

I've always wanted to try NaNoWriMo, but I'm horrible at sticking through plots to their finish. Maybe I'll come up with something suitable before November rolls around! Haha!

I read this on one of my fellow NaNo/RP buddies blogs. I couldn't help but share in the MADNESS THAT IS NANO. xD

In other news, my Netbook has died. With 10 days to go until NaNo! ARRGHH. My dad might be able to fix it (my dad is a genius. He can fix anything), but if he can't ... it's really stressing me out. What do I do? Only write when I'm home and can use my PC? I hate handwriting stuff for NaNo because it wastes so much time typing it up. Do I buy another Netbook, use it for NaNo, and sell it when November's over? THIS IS THE DEPTH OF MADNESS THAT NANOWRIMO HAS CREATED IN ME. NNRRRRAAAARRGHHH.

Remember my darlings if all else fails bring plot ninjas~

LESS THAN 12 HOURS TILL NANO

are you pumped? :D This thing requires my sanity in tacked so I'm booking it to the only 24 hour coffee joint I know xD

Good! It's always good to get ahead. Currently still sitting at the 500ish mark myself but I was at work all day D:

Dang I forgot all about it. At least in the last two days I've gotten 10,888 words. So I may still make it if I can make slightly over ten thousand per day now.

Well, I do not think it is going to be that easy after all. Only pros can pull out this one, to be honest and the best thing is that there aren’t many pros in this which makes the competition of NanoWrimo all the way up captivating. One thing I learned is that it is not the fifty thousand words that are stopping many from competing but the lack of an idea that can marvel upto a fifty thousand word extent!

Back
Top Bottom