Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Valorverse (Grave x Wiki)

True Grave

Warrior
At the beginning of time and space, there was nothing but darkness. Nothing existed that lived or did not live. For years uncountable, only this darkness existed. Suddenly, a being of light came to exist. This being of light became known as God to some, known by other names to others. It was a god known as a Creator, and it filled the darkness with both life and light.

The darkness resented this sudden end to its solitary existence. It developed a consciousness and began trying to destroy the life and light that it so detested. This living darkness would also have many names but ultimately come to be known as Omega, 'the first and the last'. God and Omega fought for millennia until Omega was finally rendered dormant. Rendered unconscious, Omega existed for millennia more solely as the darkness in space. Free to flourish, life took on several forms.

As a Creator, God represented everything that was good and virtuous. Just as good exists, however, so does evil. Another Creator, Satan, came to represent all that was evil and corrupt. These two natures opposed each other and they fought, but it quickly became clear that fragile, mortal life could not handle a clash of divine power. God and Satan agreed on a set of rules in how the divine could interact with the mortal. These rules would become known as the Divine Edicts.

God, Satan, and Omega did not have physical bodies and would come to be known as Old Gods. As the first beings to be restrained by the Divine Edicts, they created agents to act on their behalf. The first two planets making up a non-mortal universe, what would later become known as the Universe of the Gods, were Heaven and Hell. The angels of Heaven and demons of Hell feuded with each other. In time, other planets would come to exist in this Universe of Gods. These planets were the homes of New Gods.

New Gods were divine beings with physical bodies. They were born from elements, the cosmos, or from mortals. As the Universe of the Gods filled out, new situations arose. To organize the Divine Edicts and ensure fairness, a planet called Zenefo was created. On this planet were three divine Judges that would rule on and amend the Edicts as needed. Zenefo also contained a prison to hold both gods and their agents who violated the Divine Edicts.

In the Universe of Gods, death did not exist. While physical bodies could be destroyed, these new gods or their immortal agents could simply reincarnate after a period of time. In the lower Universe of Mortals, the life that existed among the darkness known as Omega, this was not the case. By Zenefon decree, mortal beings were forbidden to reincarnate as a way to free them from most restrictions making up the Divine Edicts. This was to allow them to be nearly perfect agents for the divine, who could no longer directly interfere with the mortal world. In exchange for being denied reincarnation, mortal souls were made immortal and they were allowed to ascend to the Universe of Gods upon death.

Time and space gradually created many dimensions, each a separate Universe of Mortals. Though they all differed, they were all connected to the singular and ever expanding Universe of Gods. Mortal beings would connect to this world through religion or philosophy. Upon death, they would find a home base upon their chosen planet of the Gods and be otherwise free to explore. The Universe of Gods and Multiverse of Mortals were separate but connected. The Divine Edicts had brought well-organized order to what could at times be utter chaos.

Through the soul, a link to the divine, mortal beings could sometimes exhibit traits of the Gods. Born with a gene in their DNA that was missing from a majority of mortals, mutants had special powers and abilities. The most powerful of these mutants, born every 1000 years, were named after the fearful living darkness in mortal legend, and thus called Omega class mutants. To maintain order, the Divine Edicts were amended to grant special exceptions to these mortals that were nearly immortal scale in power. Only one Omega class mutant could exist in each dimension, for clashes between these beings could easily destroy planets. Gods were also allowed to block Omega class power, although this was only to be done in order to protect against planetary destruction.

These mutants attracted demons from Hell, as they were the most combative of immortal beings and always seeking a new challenge. The Divine Edicts allowed immortal agents to fight and travel to the Multiverse of Mortals provided that no mortal planets were destroyed by the combat. Some New Gods decided to level the playing field and offer indirect assistance to these mutants in accordance with the Divine Edicts. This is how Teams of mortals would come to be sponsored by a New God, who would provide currency and indirect divine assistance, such as portal travel. The Divine Edicts allowed a New God to take possession of a mortal planet for the purposes of sponsoring a Team. This team would be responsible for protecting it from the worst domestic threats, any threats from other planets, and any threats from immortal agents hailing from the Universe of Gods.

To form a Team, a New God would hold a World Tournament in order to determine the strongest warrior on their planet. The tournament champion would become the first member of the Team and directly test any applicants. Only those who could either defeat or put up a good fight against the champion would be allowed to join the team. There were no limits on membership, though with only the very best being eligible, this tended to create small, elite teams. Every five years, the champion would defend his world title and right to evaluate membership onto the team. If they lost, the new champion gained the title and rights for five years.

Those who were not skilled enough to join a New God's team could still help defend their city, state, or country. However, they were not allowed to fight planetary threats. That was solely the jurisdiction of the New God Team. Thus, the greatest and most prestigious heroes were those who fought directly under a New God's banner. They were celebrities and wanted for nothing. In exchange, they put their lives on the line every single day.

---

Scott Young, known as Crusader, stepped out into the grass behind Team Firestar HQ. He was not wearing his Voltari Armor. Dressed in Converse high tops, blue jeans, and a white rock band T-shirt, he looked very average. Few would guess just from looking at him that he was Champion of Earth One and leader of Team Firestar. In his capacity as leader, Scott personally tested all applicants for membership into Team Firestar. It was a very simple yet savage test.

For ten minutes, applicants would have to fight him without holding back. Scott would be using all of his fighting experience, his diamond crushing Voltari Armor, and his massive reserve of Soul Energy to try and beat the applicant into submission. If they were knocked out or quit the fight, they failed the test. As a former professional MMA fighter proficient in both Muay Thai and Freestyle Wrestling, Scott knew quite well how to hurt somebody. Not many passed his test and gained the honor of membership into Team Firestar. Looking at his opponent, he wasn't sure yet if she would, either.

"Who are you?"

Scott had never seen this woman before. She was likely a mutant, but he could have been wrong about that. She didn't look very threatening, but that didn't mean anything at all. He kept up his guard but stayed friendly.

"Have you come to try out for Team Firestar?"

she would jump down from a spot above him, “ well I got something to try besides random shit on the streets.” As Rin stands up then. “ time to fight the king, king crimson.” Body turning red with an aura before it leaves and forms into another floating person, though she would wonder if he could see it then for the moment. “ and my four weapons.” But not using it yet as she crosses her arms

Scott nodded.

"Indeed, this is not the streets. However, I'll show you as much mercy as they would."

He watched as she flared up with an aura. He couldn't tell if it was Soul Energy or something else. He watched as King Crimson appeared.

"Ah, you're a stand user. We don't see many of you in the States."

Scott planted his feet and clenched his fists. His black and gold Voltari Armor appeared, covering his entire body.

"You have ten minutes. If you last that long, you're in."

Crusader pointed at King Crimson.

"I don't know how tough that thing is. I'll start at Level One."

Crusader powered up with Soul Energy until it was visible as a golden white aura. He then shot toward King Crimson at high speed for that level. Clenching his fist, he powered it up with Soul Energy and then smashed King Crimson in the face with a vicious right straight, one of many Fists of Valor in his arsenal.

Rin would just stand though moving the arm to punch against it as her hair blows back a bit with a sigh feeling bored. “ don’t know why the hell you’re doing it like that.” Wanting the real damn fight if it was a test.

Last edited:
Crusader pushed against King Crimson's matching punch.

"Don't want to waste energy. Your King Crimson's not bad, though."

He threw a left uppercut aimed at the stand's chin. He hadn't yet made contact to gauge the durability of King Crimson. Once he made contact, he would have an idea of how much power to use.

She moves her arms up to cross them as he punches her arm before bringing an arm up to punch back again. There wasn’t anything to say for her than just waiting for an actual fight again wondering why he was testing it like that.

Crusader put his foot on King Crimson and did a backflip to dodge the counter punch. After landing, he planted his feet and gripped his fists again.

"Alright. Let's see what that thing's really made of!"

His Soul Aura flared up as powerfully as it could for Level One. His arms glowed golden white.

He rushed forward at top speed, then planted himself right in front of King Crimson.

Million Punches of Valor!!!

Crusader unleashed one million Fists of Valor. They came at all angles for the face and chest. It would potentially rip up King Crimson's face and center mass. Though his power was still at its lowest level, this fierce technique had finished many an applicant.

“ king crimson….” Now using it before the punches had come or being fully there and seeing the angles before moving far back from it. “ would be cool but I guess fine.” Making some signs now having a fire in her hand, turning black as she throws it down for her face to now be covered with the hat and scarf and the other clothes. Another flame would be on her hand just waiting again.

Crusader quirked an eyebrow as both Rin and King Crimson rapidly got out of range of his attack.

"I see that you have some impressive speed."

He watched as Rin changed her outfit using some kind of black fire.

"Ah, those are the 'weapons' you mentioned earlier, huh? Guess I'll up the ante, too."

He focused his Soul Energy and raised it to Level Ten.

When Crusader focused his Soul Energy, it increased his strength and speed equally. The more powerful he was, the faster he was. At Level Ten, he was ten times faster and stronger than his base strength and speed. Crusader could continuously raise his strength and speed until he ultimately prevailed over his foe. He did not know the limits of his Soul Energy. It was perhaps limitless.

The one kicker was that he now had less than ten minutes to defeat Rin. It didn't matter if his power was unlimited. If he ran out of time before defeating her, she passed the test. On the other hand, he didn't want to unleash planet destroying levels of power right out of the gate. It was overkill for just a simple test. That balancing act made this test more complex than it appeared on the surface.

"I'm impressed that I actually have to try with you. Level One is usually sufficient to knock out applicants for Team Firestar."

He stretched a little to loosen up further.

"You're fast. Let's see the limits of your speed."

With that, Crusader shot directly at her like a bullet, moving ten times faster than before.

Crusader does not flinch in the face of King Crimson's attack. He takes it and it does nothing to him. His elevated level of Soul Energy also aids the durability of his armor. As his level went up, he could also tank greater and greater hits. With armor thickness ten times greater than normal, Rin's attack is completely nullified. On top of that, King Crimson is vulnerable to a counterattack.

His arms glow with golden white Soul Energy once again.

"Let's try this again!"

Crusader plants his feet and unleashes hell once more.

Million Punches of Valor!!!

The million Fists of Valor fly forward once again, though this time they are coming ten times faster and would hit ten times harder. King Crimson's face and chest are once more the targets.

She would take some hits before moving, using the sword and shield as spins with it for the block and her stand gone, she would block a bit with the shield before its behind her as he sends it around to attack just needing to hold for some seconds to use the skip again and move back from it.

Crusader is impressed that Rin stood up to his attack. Not many would handle such an overwhelming blitzkrieg so effectively. Her defenses were top-notch to escape the Million Punches with no damage. Crusader jumped backwards to get out of range of any counterattack.

"You're really good, Rin. I guess I'm really going to have to get serious with you."

He planted his feet and clenched his fists. Before he could raise his Soul Energy to Level 100, though, an alarm sounded. Crusader laughed and relaxed his posture.

"Well, that sound means that the test is over. Given that you're still conscious and that you didn't quit, that means you pass."

Crusader's Soul Energy aura went away.

He approached her at a normal walk. After all, the fight was over. Though he had seemed to be getting the upper hand, that counted for nothing in the test. Rin had survived one of his strongest attacks. She was clearly one of the best fighters in the world. Crusader stopped a respectful distance away from her.

"A position on Team Firestar is yours, if you want it."

“ wasn’t really a fight.” Putting a hand on her hip with some roll of her eyes. “ countered when you tried to move again. “ a bit annoyed how he was hyping it all when she didn’t try. Rin would make some signs then two fingers up in front of her closing her eyes as there’s fire on her again before it vanishes and she’s wearing her normal black and baggy clothes.

“ so what just wait till someone starts attacking or something?” Wondering now about the hero thing of course.

Crusader shrugged.

"It was a test, not a fight. We can fight for real some other time."

He waved for her to follow him inside.

"You need to get settled in and to meet the rest of the team. After that, we can talk about fighting threats."

rin would just follow inside of course turning to see everything and also some obvious spots to be lazy in later maybe, “ a test that proves who’s scared and can even try to dodge.” Now waiting for anything else to happen.

Scott had dissipated his armor after going inside. He wasn't sure if Rin was trying to provoke him with her comment or not. He ignored it regardless. He had nothing to prove to her. Taking her upstairs to the second floor, Scott showed her a neatly furnished room.

"This will be your bedroom."

“ an actual place.” Looking around there with a stretch. “ well I guess it’s just waiting or something.” wondering how thing would even be now after this beside going out later and the meeting which already felt annoying.

Last edited:
Scott held up one finger, letting her know to wait a minute.

"Now you must meet the team."

He sent a telepathic message to Existence, asking him to come to Rin's room. A few minutes later, Existence walked in wearing tennis shoes, blue jeans, and a tan and blue letterman jacket over a white polo. In his young form, the outfit looked good on him, since he'd worn it when he played football at Shadowgreen in the 1950's. Though the clothes were dated, he looked around 20 years old rather than his true 90 years old.

"My name is Marcus Trelawney, code name Existence. I'm an Omega-class mutant with both psychic and reality changing powers. I know all about you, Rin Ishizuki. It's nice to have you and King Crimson aboard. You're our first female member. Hopefully Team Firestar's lifestyle won't scare you away."

“ well I guess I’m the only girl who could have anything that was a bit better than his powers.” Again seeing he never figured out or felt the awkwardness of the time erase earlier. “ if it’s a thing like the cartoons maybe won’t mind a bit.” Giving a shrug with the joke.

Marcus chuckled.

"Well, it's not the crime fighting that I'm worried about so much. You'll see."

Scott was telepathically informed that the rest of the team was out.

"Well, no other members are here right now. In that case, I'll explain what we do exactly."

Scott sat down in a chair.

"Nowadays, Marcus primarily informs us if a dimensional invader, demonic invader, or alien invader comes to Earth One. We also rarely get domestic threats that rise to the planetary level. Marcus can sometimes close portals before the invader enters Earth One. If that doesn't happen, typically one of us goes and deals with the threat solo. Very rarely is an enemy so powerful that it requires the whole team to defeat them."

“ not really a team if you just send one person like that..” giving a shrug. “ and it’s the obvious thinking for me that no way in damn hell it’s easy and if it is then I get bored fighting idiots.” Seeing she was the obvious tough girl who was the muscle kind of person like this.

Also the fact that it would be easier like this with having invasions at once as well. “ but I guess it’s a better job than anything.”

Scott shrugged.

"No reason for the whole team to go if just one can get the job done. We often get multiple invasions a day. With you on the team, we have a total of seven. We could handle seven invasions at once, give or take how many Marcus can negate with his powers."

He cocked his head.

"There's no way to tell how strong an invader is without fighting them. Some of them may not be hard to deal with. Others may be filthy powerful. We'll likely be dealing with tier 2-5 enemies, which means anywhere from enhanced humans to Immortal Agents, like demons. I highly doubt we'll get another Omega-class like Marcus, though. The Divine Edicts limit them to one per dimension."

At the mention of job, he smiled.

"Indeed. The pay and benefits are the best you can get. You want money, just ask our Sponsor, Firestar. He'll give you as much as you want. We don't get funding from any government or non-profit, so we have maximum flexibility on where and how we can operate with the one caveat that we don't kill our enemies."

“ and that’s gonna be annoying for me most of the time…though it’s always a double fight with king.” Seeing that she could fight herself and have king himself just defend. “ though I do wonder about getting a mechanics crew for something.”

Last edited:
Scott got up.

"Anyway, if there's a portal that opens, Existence will let us know. In the meantime, do what you like."

He left her room. Proceeding to the gym, he started practicing his combos on the heavy bag. He wanted to stay sharp.

Back
Top Bottom