Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Over the Horizon (EEE x Tsilvey123) NSFW IMAGES

EtherealElvenEmpress

The order wanes, the Family falls, and kaos reigns
@Tsilvey123

It was the year 3017.​
The Earth was dying and its people were trying to figure out how to survive.
The ozone has been so depleted every day was a scorching as life on a desert.
It was slowly turning into a nuclear wasteland with global warming and even food was slowly starting to be scarce. With some of the last resources and so many other countries vying to find the next new earth to send people to they were the best team to be sending off planet.

Amelia had spent most of her life studying engineering and she had no idea all that study would be put to going off planet to try and save earth. To be honest it was not a rescue mission they had been looking at other planets with other scientists and located 37 light years away was Callope-19; it was known as a Cinderella planet it was orbiting the sun at the right distance. It had enough water and it seemed like the flora and fauna were safe but the only way they could tell was to just go there. At first Amelia was opposed to something like this. She wanted to work to save the Earth if they had but even her boss and everyone else figured she was best for the job and even voted her to be captain of this expedition but she wouldn’t be alone.

How could you turn this down or let down the people of her country on earth? It would not be her but she would spend a lot of time picking out the right rag tag team to go off planet they knew they would most likely not be able to return and it was stressful. Amelia could not bring anyone in her family but otherwise if she did this she could stay for a family. Eventually an entire team would be chosen as they would send out the lottery of who would be going and some did not take it well and others accepted their fate.

The day of the launch it was tense at NASA. All of the team members had their family their mouse crying and some of them were excited that they would possibly get a new home. Also the first time she was able to meet most of her crew-mates. All of them are special and gifted and this one-way mission was not going to be easy on any of them. They could only pack so much into their ship and it would have to be able to last they’re 37 let your journey. The ship itself was well fortified with emblems of their countries and symbols adorned on it. It looked so futuristic and many of them thought it wouldn’t even get off the ground but with so many years of studying and collaboration it looks like something that would’ve belonged on Star Trek although it did not have any hyper drives but it would get them up and going.

Amelia pulled up her blonde hair into a messy bun Ashley made sure everything was set and everyone was on board. It was a sad goodbye as everyone was strapped in and fortunately for them takeoff was pretty easy nothing went wrong and it was a routine expedition but once out in space and in zero gravity they could un strap and look out of the space station window. It was a last chance to say goodbye to earth as they started their long journey to Callope-19 In hopes of finding a new home for the people of Earth and transmitting back that they had good news and survival of the human race and a part of her was both nervous and happy that she was at the forefront of this mission with her Co-Captain and Genius team of the USS HOPE .

For the moment she stood by a bay window looking out at the vast recesses of space as they traveled at a decent speed to their possible new planet in hand she still had papers with information about their new possible home and all she could do was read over them and hoping that they did not make a mistake.
IMG_8054.jpeg

Attachments

• IMG_8053.webp
    8 KB · Views: 7
After a smooth takeoff and successful entry into space, Co-Captain Aiden Ryker had already began to run system checks on the large center console that took up most of the bridge. These diagnostics were crucial, but he'd be lying if he said he wasn't excited for this trip. As an experienced botanist, he could only imagine the type of floral he could study on this new planet. But another part of him was nervous. What was in this new world? What little research they had on Callope-19 wasn't much so they were flying blind. But what little choice did they have

After everything went green on his diagnostics check, he scooted back from the console and stood up from his seat, giving a little stretch before deciding to go debrief a little with the Captain. He had read up on her file and he was impressed with her work as an engineer. She had even helped develop the very ship they were on so who else was better suited for a captain? His footsteps could be heard clapping against the metal floor of the ship as he approached Amelia. Because of his military background as well, he instinctively stood up at attention as he stepped at her side.

"Amel-" he stopped himself "Captain. All systems are perfectly operational Ma'am. We should be ready for our first jump when the time comes" he gave her a professional smile as he directed his attention towards the large bay window, all the darkness and the faint colors always took his breath away. Never would he have ever thought that he would be on a spaceship to a new planet. If only it had been under better circumstances. But there wasn't time to worry about earth right now. They had to look forward now and prepare for their journey.

Captain Amelia Lewis was still looking out over the endless black of outer space looking at plans in her hand whenever she got tired of the endless black. This new planet was promising and it was going to take a while to get there but she was at least not alone. She had her co-captain Aiden Ryker. He was on the bridge where she probably should’ve been but she was too busy trying to figure out any other mysteries about this new planet. She heard that Aiden was a skilled botanist and that was something she had no idea about she knew about animals and the lays of the land but this wasn’t earth it was completely new.

The majority of geniuses on this mention we’re excited but a good amount of them nervous and sad being home. Amelia was super focused but at least she stayed in the same place long enough for her other captain to eventually find her. Hearing his footsteps she didn’t bother turning around her face now buried in her papers but when she heard half of her name she looked up. “You can call me Amelia or just Amy. How are you can call me Captain in front of the others but either way I’ll answer.” Her voice was welcoming but he could tell she was stressed. Even though he stood at attention she rocks back-and-forth on her feet and gave him a very awkward salute especially since she wasn’t military.

At the mention of the first jump she looked concerned before she would relax. “We are very much prepared for the first jump everything is in working order don’t worry I’ll be leading it.” she tried to sound reassuring but she couldn’t help but she was overwhelmingly nervous this was a first for all of them and they were relying on her to make sure everything went well especially with the engines and the ship itself. “ do you think this planet will be very similar to earth?” She would ask Aiden and hand him the papers she was holding. “I’m hoping this will be the planet that will save us. I’m glad you’re with us especially with your knowledge about plants it’s completely out of my wheelhouse I’m sorry we didn’t get to work together before this expedition but I’m looking forward to working with you now. Once the first jump gets going we’ll be there in no time do you wanna help me in the cockpit?” She’d ask hopefully.

Aiden almost didn't hear her question from being lost in the view, but he soon snapped out of his gaze. "Well our current studies show that it's approximately the same size as earth, maybe just a bit smaller. If that's the case, gravity will be slightly lighter, but not too noticeable if calculations are correct. It seems to have hotter and warmer seasons as well. And given a slightly slower rotation, days and nights will be around three to four hours longer so that'll be weird to adjust to." He gave a slight chuckle as he reached for the large tablet to look up more notes about the new planet.

"As for floral life, not much is know, but that's why I'm here" he smiled to himself, his blue eyes even giving off a slight glint. Clearly taking pride in what he did as a profession as he explained more about Callope-19 and what all they knew so far. "But the possibilities are endless with this new planet. But that also means we need to be prepared for any dangers that could be lurking on the planet. He obviously took his job very seriously as well and didn't plan on failing.

When she asked him if he wanted to be at the cockpit, he gave a smile and a nod. "I'd like that Cap- Amelia. It's been a while since I have been able to fly a ship" he told her honestly and was once again standing a bit straighter and was ready for his next orders. He was ready to make their jump into space and into the history books. Only fate could tell what was in store for Aiden and the rest of the crew.

Hearing how Aiden spoke she knew why he was chosen. He can you so much about the flora even though he wasn’t there he was full of information and this is exactly what she needed especially since she was an engineer and her minor was with animal science but she was by no means an expert like he was. Her green eyes would follow him and her focus was only on him. “I read about the slower rotation that is interesting night will be longer so hopefully once he gets up there the bureaucrats will make us work nights instead.” She tried to make a joke she wasn’t sure how it would fall but it was definitely interesting to know that this planet was similar to earth but yet so different. “I I look forward to sleeping longer once I get there.” Amelia had no idea if she would but the thought of just sleeping and resting was a good thought in her head.

“I’m i’m very happy that you are here Aiden. Can I call you that or is that too informal for you? I’m still learning how to be a good captain but I really would like for us to be more casual since we’re all working together on this let me know if that’s okay to use for you.” She would explain as he told her so much information that she herself missed. Even though he was telling her good points he did have a very good way of slipping in that there could be dangerous and she knew that but she was trying to be as hopeful as possible hoping that the dangers would be minimal.

Inviting him into the cockpit was a good idea and she saw his excitement but when he almost used her formal name she smiled and was happy that he was getting used to using her regular name. “Perfect. I’m gonna be teaching you the arms and outs of the cock but I know you’ve flown before but I wanna make sure you have it down to a science…pun intended.” She was serious but she did crack a smile as she motioned for him to follow. “ The only time I expect for you to call me Captain and we’ll have our formal titles as when we are flying and making jumps it’ll be help us keep orders straight. How many hours have you logged flying? I’m only asking just to make conversation I know you are highly skilled and I’m honored to have you on my team as co pilot and captain.” Amelia was showering him with praise and she helped that he knew how much she appreciated him just being there especially since she herself was still very nervous. “Are you ready to make history?”

Aiden listened and couldn't help but give a small chuckle at her joke. "Yeah the thought of longer nights it definitely interesting, I agree. But I'm afraid that also means more hours to work in the day if we end up getting day shift" he told her and gave her another chuckle. For the first time, his eyes took in her full appearance once he noticed how casual she was for a ship captain. But he wasn't complaining. It was always better than working with a stiff.

Aiden couldn't help but return a smile of his own as she commented at how she was glad he was there. "I'm glad to be here. This was a dream of mine" his eyes lit up a little once again. "And yeah, if calling me Aiden pleases you then by all means! But obviously we'll have to maintain decorum when the times come for it, right" he smiled at her. "You know how uptight the people above can be" he gave another smile as they began to walk towards the cockpit.

His heart rate had already increased slightly at the thought of being able to fly again. It was another thing he missed back in his days in the military and he couldn't wait to get behind the sticks again. When she asked him about his flight hours he smiled again "Honestly I think I can only give you a rough estimate. I'm not sure if I can tell you about some things. But officially logged I have around nine thousand hours" he told her as they stepped closer and closer to the cockpit and soon there the two chairs sat where they would be piloting the ship. "I was born ready to make history ma'am" he told her with a smile once they were in front of the the rest of the crew

The moment Aiden mentioned more work in the day she huffed and shook her head. “Let me live in delulu land for a little longer before you shatter my dreams.” Amelia said jokingly thought she was very sad to hear about more work but he was correct in that assumption. They would not be able to rest too much once they got to Callope-19. Normal captains would be lording themselves over the entire staff but here Amelia was dressed in comfortable sweatpants with a button-down shirt which seemed a bit unkempt but this was a new expedition and the last thing she wanted was to make the entire staff fear her. She was a very laid-back person in general but when she needs to be serious she could.

Upon hearing that this was a dream of his it brought the smile back to her face. “I just wish your dream was not trying to find another planet to survive on. I do wish this expedition was more of a fun one instead of one that we need to make sure the human race can survive here. Let’s make the best of it.” Now he was getting her into some serious conversation. “I’m Learning about the entire crew and it seems like being on a first name basis is a good way to be. That will only change once we are in the cockpit and getting ready to land just so no one gets mixed up especially since I think we have two Sarah‘s and three Michael’s so last names are gonna have to work.” She had already managed to memorize everyone’s name on the crew. Luckily there was only one Aiden.

“I Know how uptight people can be I’m not one of them unless we need to be what’s the point in putting the fear of god into people when you have to work with them and besides I’m very glad you are the only Aiden on the crew.” Offering him a warm smile as she motioned for him to follow her. “As Long as you can handle her we got this you’re gonna be my right hand during the landing as long as you have logged your hours I’m putting my trust in you.” Once she led him to the cockpit the other crewmembers were around but straightened up when they saw the pair. They even saluted them but Amelia tried to wave them off since she wasn’t used to being in that position but she decided to sleep the back and waited to see if Aiden would do the same.

They were about a week into their journey when Aiden had noticed a planet in the distance. "Davidson, get a scan on that planet" he told one of the crew members and immediately they began to work on one of the consoles at his stations. "Scans are green sir. Air quality is questionable able, but there does seem to be plant life." The crew member continued to explain. Aiden pondered a moment before decided to go talk with the Captain.

He was in duty now and was giving her some time to rest but when it came to decisions like this, he knew it was always best to go over it with the Captain so away he went to the captains quarters. He went down a set of stairs and down a hallway until another hallway of rooms came into view. This was where everyone would sleep and relax and he saw her door at the very end of the hallway

He stepped up to the door and gave a small knock. "Amelia? You have a moment?" And once she answered he stepped inside. "Sorry to bother you but we're currently about to approach very close to a planet and I had an idea. I'm sure everyone is starting to get tired of looking at these metal walls, so maybe we could do a little exploring? But with you being the commander of the vessel I had to run the idea by you first.

Captain Lewis was in her quarters. She was always working nonstop and now she finally had a chance to rest which was very good even though she rarely did so considering how tired she was this was a good break. She spent time resting and reading but also napping which was very good especially since their journey was nowhere close to finished.

It was when she was reading over some back logs there was a knock at her door. Still in her pajamas she didn’t even think twice about it before telling whoever knocked to come in and to be honest she wasn’t surprised it was her cocaptain.

“Hey Aiden. Is there a problem?” That was her first thought there had to be something going on and it made her worry as she yawned and rubbed her eyes. Her hair was in a very messy bun pulled up and it really looked like she took the relaxation seriously. her high alert subsided when he mentioned a planet nearby that could be sustainable. She brought her right hand up to her chin holding it in deep thought.

“I already know if you’re asking me this you’ve checked the atmosphere and anything surrounding as much as you could have. How safe would you rate this to stop? What are the risks? My main concern is finding a place to land and make sure we have an optimal area to take back off. But you are right we can’t just keep going straight we need a break; the crew need a break. That’s a good idea tell me a bit more. It seems like you’ve already made up your mind on this do you think it’s safe to do a stop?” She couldn’t help the question him she was always worried about making sure they could get back off planet.

Aiden listened to her questions and she was in all rights to ask them. It was under her control so she had to know all these things. He reached out with the tablet for her to take so she could look at the results as he went over them. "Yes atmosphere is nearly perfect. There's even water and plant life so why not get a little research in while we're at it?" He gave a smile, his eyes wondering down to her pajamas as she looked at the tablet. He'd be lying he he said she wasn't attractive, but he quickly snapped out of his thoughts.

"If you look in the northern hemisphere of the planet you will notice there are no creatures that could pose a threat. At least not in that region. " He explained as a few pictures even began to pop up of the high quality scans they were receiving. "We might have to look out for certain plant types though. They seem to emit some sort of gas but its hard telling what the gas would do so I would recommend we use a little caution. But other than that I think we should be safe.

He showed her another picture of what looked like a nice flat spot to be able to land perfectly and take off with ease. "If we just aim the ship towards those coordinates, we should have a safe landing. So what do you say captain? You ready for a little adventure?" He asked her as a bright smile appeared on his face. It was clear he was excited but was determined to keep it safe. But it all depends on what she thought about it and would respect her decision

She sat up even more toxic the side of the cot crossing them as she got comfortable in her shorts and oversized T-shirt. She went for a full out comfort and it looked like she was a university student studying for exams especially with her messy blonde hair with strands hanging out. Taking the tablet he would go over everything he had found. He could see how her green eyes looked over every small detail and even though she was sleepy she was extremely focused and she didn’t even notice he was checking her out. She had never been one to truly look at guys since she focused on her work so much.

“You’ve done a good job on your research Aiden. I don’t see a problem with a little stock as long as we don’t get sidetracked for to long. We can’t stay here forever and we have to get to Callope-19…. but finding a second viable planet that we can mark would mean great strides for humanity. It’ll also make you a hero since you found this planet you have this win.” Amelia didn’t even notice that she was so focused on getting to the goal and this was Aidan’s win and discover. Not only did he find this planet he even mapped out a place for them to land so there was no way she could say no with so much preparation.

Your fingers would swipe on the tablet until he focused on that landing point and she gave him an approving nod with a sleepy smile. “Well with everything how can I say no?” That was her way of complementing him. “With your input how about you take us in for a landing I’ll be your cocaptain this time. This is your moment. I probably should get dressed before I help you get ready. I have a feeling you don’t want me helping you land this thing with me in pajamas and looking like I just rolled out of bed I’m sure it won’t look good for the entire crew to see me like that. How much Time do we have until we land?” She asked if she wanted to figure out how long she needed to take to get dressed.

Aiden was happy to hear what captain Lewis was saying. He took pride in his work so to hear that superiors thinks he's doing well, it has always made him smile. "Would be cool to name a planet" Aiden have her a chuckle and started to step back some more to give her some space to move around. He was already anxious to get in the ground and off the ship for a while.

Once she had asked him about the time, he ran a few quick calculations on the tablet before looking back up at her with his blue eyes. "If we maintain our current velocity, we should be able to make landing in about an hour to an hour and a half. So plenty of time to freshen up and look all fancy" he added a dry chuckle as a lame attempt at a joke before stepping closer to the door.

"As for you being the co captain for this, I don't see me having much of a choice for this huh?" He asked her with yet another laugh as he crossed his arms and leaned against her doorframe for a moment and waited for some final words from her. He knew they would have to be prepared to land when the times comes and that means they also had to be at the helm as well. Obviously they would have to be careful like any other landing but he also couldn't help the excitement.

Everything looked perfectly in order and Aiden had I’m good head on her shoulders. Shr would stand up and do a little stretch out while still holding the tablet in looking at over. “You I really thorough and I love that I wish I knew you existed back on earth I would’ve probably tried to steal you for my team but I’m glad you’re here now.” Amelia cannot help but sing her praises to him especially when he brought her all the evidence that was needed to get her to say yes to this side quest.

“That Being said I have time for a shower and get freshened up that means you have time to get into your attire we’re gonna have to make this look good so you have time to actually think of a name for the planet especially since you are the one who got me to stop. Are you ready to take us down?” She was putting her faith in him and she wasn’t really worried he was a good guy Ashley offered him a smile before she looked more at the tablet scrolling a bit.

Taking a moment she would hand him the tablet back and giving him and approving nod. “Captain. I am at your service for this voyage.” She stood up straighter and gave him a proper salute. “Go Get yourself ready and paid me once you write down in the captains chair I’ll be joining you at your side and remember don’t be nervous you practice so I’m gonna kick you out now because this lady needs her privacy to get her suit on. I’ll help you document everything and this time I am your right hand and you have my full support.”

"Well I was a bit crazier when I was younger so it's hard telling what you would've thought of me" Aiden gave and soon stood back up straight when she asked him if he was ready. He gave an enthusiastic nod. "Yes ma'am. I'm more than ready" he gave her a genuine smile. It was clear he was excited and couldn't wait to touch ground into this planet he discovered.

"Well if that's the case I may freshen up a little too. Should get my other gear ready as well. I'm not leaving without some data" he gave another laugh and he was about to leave when she called him captain and made her comment. He felt a little prideful when she called him captain even though he wasn't actually the captain. This little mission would take some getting used to if he was going to be in charge for once.

"Well as leader of this particular mission, I expect you on the bridge at 1300 hours" he told her with a smirk knowing this was going to be the only time he was going to be in charge. So he was going to take advantage and show everyone what he was really capable of. "I'll see you then" he gave a smile and a nod before making his way to his own room so he could wash up and change into something a bit more suitable for their landing

When he spoke about his younger self she chuckled as she would move about her room picking out her captains uniform which she found quite silly that she had but it was protocol. “If you were like you are now I have a feeling I’d like you. You don’t seem too crazy.” Amelia joked as he saw her sitting all that she needed on her bed and it looked pretty fancy though she scarfed that they gave her a skirt but she pulled out the pants instead. “Even after all we’re doing they gave me a skirt thank God they have pants to go with it I have a feeling where I ask her as a captain would not look as good what do you think? She asked looking between the navy blue skirt and navy blue pants.

“ I see where they chose you for this mission. We won’t be leaving without any data and I trust that you are going to make sure we get it. As much as I’d like you to stay I’m gonna have to kick you out considering I don’t want to shower and I’m sure you don’t wanna see your captain naked.” Amelia playfully stuck out her tongue teasing him a bit especially since they were the top commanders on the ship.

When he told her the time she nodded make sure to turn and give him the upmost attention. It was cute how are you recently but she honestly appreciated it. The crewmates they tend to be a little more stubborn but Aiden was a breath of fresh air. “13:00. I won’t be late. Or maybe I will just give you dramatic affect but honestly I won’t be I’m excited to see you in action captain. Show me what you can do.” Once he left she would start getting herself ready and once he was on the brig she would eventually join him.

The time seemed to go by rather quickly and it wasn't long before he was stepping into the bridge and as he walked towards the cockpit, he watched everyone else begin to stand at attention out of respect, but it was clear that they were just as excited as he was. "We're about 10 minutes away from entering the atmosphere. Clearly the ship is designed to handle multiple re-entries but that doesn't mean we still shouldn't proceed with caution and do things by the book everyone. Now how about we make some history" Aiden smiled and they gave a quiet little rally cry before everyone was getting into positions. Now all they were waiting on was the captain to take her seat.

Once everyone was in their positions, he began to guide them through calm and collectively. "Alright countdown from thirty seconds starting now.." he began to slowly count down and by the time he hit zero it was like clockwork. The ship began to rumble a little but it wasn't nothing they weren't familiar with before. "Jacobs, maintain status report just in case" he said calmly as they began to descend through the thick clouds. After a few more seconds of bouncy re-entry, the ship soon stabilized and everything calmed down as they were now inside the planets atmosphere as Aiden worked the controls and slowly guided them in.

By now they were emerging through the clouds and before their eyes was a beautiful landscape of a rainforest with assorted floral that actually seemed to glow and help illuminate some places. A big waterfall could be seen in the large jungle they were landing by. "Wow.." he was a loss for words. He thought earth had its beauty but it paled in comparison to this planet. So primal and untouched by civilization. "Never thought I would see such beauty" he muttered as everyone else watches in awe. He was even more eager now than ever. "We'll be arriving on my coordinates in just a couple minutes so everyone gets your suits and equipment ready so we can get started" he smiled at the crew and looked over at the captain and gave another smile

What Aiden might not expect was for Amelia to show up right on time fully decked out in het regalia. It would be the first time some of them saw her fully ready to take her spot as second in command.
IMG_8824.jpeg
Full white body suite and her blonde hair out as she stunned a few into silence as she walked in giving a salute and nodding to Aiden. “10 minutes. I’m at your service Captain Ryker. This is your landing tell me what to do.” Even if she was intimidating; Amelia was quite lovely. “Remember Captain Ryker is first in command. Whatever he says goes. Even though we are both captains this is his mission and we are here to support him and I put all my trust in him.” Amelia spoke received salutes as well as Aiden. He could see the crew getting ready and making sure to focus especially on him. Amelia took her seat in the co-captain chair crossing her long legs and readying herself.

As he worked the controls she would focus and help him with anything else he needed making sure they would have a smooth landing and asking about the atmosphere her eyes went wide. It was beautiful but you couldn’t focus on that they had to land safely. He was doing a wonderful job at getting them to the ground and all of them were meeting hushed comments as they were looking at the waterfall atmosphere and nature. “ it’s beautiful Captain. How many of us are going out there Captain?” Amelia would ask as she assumed she would be going as well but it was his call. They all could not leave the ship but he would have to put together a team. For the time being she sat in her chair containing herself even though she wanted to run up to her window and stare out of it just like she were a kid in the candy store. Keeping herself compose was a challenge as the other crewmembers were whispering and moving about looking out the windows.

"Captain Lewis one my go, start the reverse thrusters and we'll be ready for our landing" he glanced at her long enough to give her a nod and then turned his attention back to the controls as he maneuvered through some large trees until a large clearing could be seen in the distance. "Alright Lewis in 3, 2, 1. Now" Then with her help the ship began to slowly down as that began to slowly make their descent" The sound of the ships large engines and it's constant whirs began to slowly wind down as they began to inch closer and closer to the flat area.

"Alright we should be on the final countdown for our decent. Everyone brace just in case" he said loudly but calmly and respectfully as he gripped the controls and bit harder as he began to slowly countdown "10..9." he continued slowed as the ship slowed down more and more "3. 2. 1. Deploying landing gear" he pressed a couple buttons and with a loud hiss the landing gear slowly opened up from the bottom of the ship and was slowly touching the ground as the ship came to a landing with with a very gently bump they had finally touched ground. "Shutting down engines" he flicked a couple.more switches and soon the machines whirring slowed down and continued to quieten until they came to a complete stop. "Successful landing Everyone. Hello of a job" he unbuckled himself and stood up as everyone began to cheer quietly and clap a little at their success and was eager to get out there.

"Okay so I guess that just leaves us to debriefing so everyone gather round. " He waved his hands towards himself as everyone began to step closer and listen. "Alright, so even though we're not on Callope-19 I think we keep the same objectives. We test the air quality and make sure it's not harmful or lethal in any way. Then we'll test the Floral, but gently so we don't actually harm any of the plant life. Then we'll test the waters, The PH levels and if it's actually drinkable or not and if there anything living in those waters. Once all tests are done then I feel we can actually do some exploring and possibly even stay the night if it's safe enough. But we'll talk about that more later. For now me and Captain Lewis will be taking a team of four whom the other remain on their ship until we're finished with testing. Then we'll rotate people out and give them a chance to do their own studies." He glanced back at his current co captain and gave a small smile.

"I believe that's it so let's go suit up" he already had the rest of the crew picked out and once everyone was separated he went to go out on his space suit. The oxygen could still be hard to breath so they needed to take precautions first. It wasn't long before he was studied up in his helmet and space suit and was now waiting by the air lock that would lead outside.

“Copy that Captain Ryker. Ready when you are!” No matter how excited she was she had to contain it especially around the crew because if she was too excitable they would be the same. She was hyper focused and ready to go waiting for the command and as she press the buttons and health controls when she got the order she took it! It felt like her heart was going to burst through her chest with this landing especially with this new planet she was so excited even though it wasn’t their main planet it was a nice stop.

It was like the universe is still as they landed the entire crew was completely silent as the sound of their ship could be heard hissing as it landed and nothing went wrong this was a golden opportunity for this group even though it was not Callope-19 it was still a chance of greatness and a good mark to have in the universe in case that main planet was not what they thought it would be. once they were all landed safely he could hear the entire crew burst into tears and start clapping and applauding Aiden for what he just did and even captain Lewis was giving him a standing ovation!

“This is Captain Ryker’s Mission no one shall argue or fight about who is going where first and first and asMission no one shall argue or fight about who is going where first and as he said will be splitting up into groups. Everyone will get a chance but safety first.” She reiterated his policy and they all nodded but at least they began to talk amongst themselves and chose the right people to go with the mission and luckily it was split evenly with the sexes with two men and two women joining them.

The least she could do was get them off to get ready in their suits as she would follow Aiden into where she needed to be. She had her helmet and everything she needed but he could tell she was so nervous when she moved to stand next to him she didn’t realize that she reached out and grabbed his wrist and she let out a sigh of relief and luckily he could not hear how fast her heart was beating but he can hear that she was nervous due to how her monitor was reacting to her vitals.

“How can you be so calm going out there? I’m so nervous.” She was able to speak a bit more freely since the other crew were taking their sweet time giving them a little moment to talk.

Aiden glanced down when he felt her hand wrap around his wrist a moment. A flash of concern spread his face but for just a moment. He knew she was nervous and that was natural. They were in uncharted territory. He'd be lying if he wasn't a little nervous as well, but he was more excited than anything. "Me? Oh I'm terrified in a way" he gave a small chuckle as he adjusted his hand and gave her hand a reassuring squeeze. "But the excitement overshadows any fear I have." He smiled as he explained more. "You're gonna do great. We got this" he told her with a smile and soon everyone else was getting ready by the air lock.

"Alright team, helmets on" he said simply and nicely as he spun his helmet around in his hands until it was facing the right way and slowly slipped the helmet onto his head and tugged until he felt the seal close and made his suit emit a little hiss as he locked his helmet into place. Once everyone else had their helmets on, he was the first person to step into the airlock and soon he was leading everyone else in side before the big door slid shut behind them. "Are we ready guys? Quick suit diagnosis everyone" he tapped a couple buttons in his sleeve and the suit began to scan itself and lit up green signaling that his suit was stable.

Once everyone was in the green he stepped over to the console on the wall. "Alright guys let's do this" he smiled and began typing on the large screen until the lights began to flash and alarms began to blare, signaling that the air lock was coming open. With a loud hiss of hair and the loud whir of the machine, the door to the outside slowly began opening and once the door was fully open, the alarms and lights stopped. He was the first to step off of the ship and immediately he noticed that he felt just slightly lighter than usual. "Gravity is just slightly lighter here" he began to steal around close to the ship as his eyes scanned the beautiful view around him and the crew

Amelia did not need to grab his wrist so tight her nerves were terrible. They were embarking on something exciting but she cannot help but be nervous. “You don’t look terrified at all teach me your secrets.” She would tell him softly hoping no one else would hear. When he gave her hand a reassuring squeeze she let out a sigh of relief and was very grateful that he was looking down on her for being that scared. Amelia was trying to show that she was brave but with this new uncharted territory she couldn’t help but crack a bit. There was no idea to know what was out there or what kind of creatures were out there.

At least Aiden was hitting this team and leading them into the unknown and she put all of her trust into him. Following his lead she would get her helmet ready and everything she needed as well as things to document and take notes and weapon just in case.

“Ready.”
“Rodger that!”
“ I was born ready sir!”
“ Ready for the unknown.”

The team with sound off before Amelia would be the final one. “Lead the way Captain Ryker.” Hoping to give him a boost of confidence but it seem like he didn’t need it since he was born ready. Everyone will check in with their vitals making sure they were all clear and they all easily passed. When he open the door they all froze except for Amelia who stayed close to him but he was the one to take the first step and discover that there was gravity even though it was lighter than earth it was still gravity!

Amelia Wood motion for the other crew mates to follow as she would do the same with Aiden and her first step out caused her to gasp as she felt the difference in gravity. “This is good! Can you imagine if this could be a second option to Callope-19? This discovery is all yours captain! You did good!” Amelia would give him praise and even though it was just the beginning this was still a massive step for them and mankind!

Aiden was so lost in the view and the noises that he in almost didn't even hear Amelia when she spoke to him. He finally snapped out of his thoughts and turned to face her once again. "This discovery is ours. I like to think we all had a part in this" he told her with a smile before turning his attention back to their surroundings. "Let's text the oxygen and see if we can actually remove our helmets or not" he spoke up where everyone could hear.

"Testing air quality now captain" A team member from behind called out and began typing some things in on a tablet and it began to run som calculations. After a couple of minutes her eyes rose up from the tablet. "Oxygen is a bit thinner than earth sir, but it is safe to breath and all pressure is green." She said to him and then waited for any other orders. Aiden looked back and forth between the crew and Captain Lewis. "Well someone's gotta try it, right?" He gave a nervous chuckle as he slowly reached up for his helmet. He took in a deep breath before unfastening his helmet and removing it from his suit with a hiss. Once it was above his head he slowly exhaled and let in a breath. "Wow.. Not noticably thin air but... Its.. so clean.." he closes his eyes and let in a very long inhale and exhaled softly with a sigh.

"Go ahead guys, get some of this fresh air" he smiled amd one by one he began to watch everyone slowly and hesitantly began to remove their helmets. He could hear the surprised and happy comments coming from the other crew members. His eyes fell to Captain Lewis once again. "Well you're the last one left. Everyone else is waiting" he told her with a smile as eyes remained on her in her helmet. "But if you don't want to then I'm not gonna force you" he told her with a smile and waited for a response from her

The view itself was breathtaking and Amelia had no words as she stood there with her mouth agape. Aidan told her that discovery was theirs and she wasn’t going to say anything about it but she appreciated him being very kind about it. to be honest she didn’t mean to wait to be last she was just so shocked at how beautiful it was and she even did a little jump to test the gravity. The captain felt like a kid in a candy store until the other started taking off their helmets and testing the air and she was the last one on that ship.

“Sorry! I didn’t mean to you last I’m just shocked at all of this I can’t believe you found this place.” Chuckling nervously as she reached out to undo her helmet With a history of oxygen that released leading in the atmosphere as she took a deep breath as she pulled off the helmet. Even though she was embarrassed she gave him a sheepish smile once the helmet was off pulling it to her side and tucking it under one arm.

“No force needed. I’m just still surprised that we’re here I wanna look at everything I can’t even pick which direction to walk. I’m trying my best not to lick anything on the surface because if the air is breathable they must have fruits and vegetables and even animals I want to see everything.” He could tell by how her voice squeaked that she was so excited but she couldn’t help herself but now her crew was seeing a real part of her personality.

"Well for one I believe we should place a marker so we can find out way back to the shift if we stray to far" Aiden explained as he brought his arm up and began typing a few things on the pad that was built into his suit. "Alright the ships waypoint should appear on your hud" he told the crew before stepping closer to the forest lining and looked around at the large trees. They didn't look all too different from the trees at earth. He reached up with his hand and slowly outward until he slowly pressed his hand against the tree, feeling the rough bark that wrapped around the tree.

"We separate into two teams. Me and Captain Lewis will head north and study some of the plant life. You two will head towards the river we saw when we were landing. Collect samples.of the water and once you have the data, meet us back in 45 minutes to an hour. And if you encounter any trouble at all, radio back to us and if you can l, safely make it back towards the ship, got it? Keep your eyes and ears open and we should be fine" he gave a smile after talking with the rest of the crew. He was ready to get started. He grabbed his gear and threw it onto his back before returning his attention back to Lewis.

"Got your gear? If so are you ready?" He smiled as he asked her and looked into her eyes a moment. He could tell there was still a little nervousness in her so that's what he had decided for her to be with him instead of with one of the other crew members. Plus this gave him a chance to learn more about her as well. Once they were ready he began to walk North as he stated. His eyes were constantly scanning the area in front of them as they walked. Even though he was excited, they still needed to be safe and cautious. If they were able to breath in this world, it was hard telling what could be lurking around the corner

He get here lots of agreement with me putting a marker down especially from Amelia now that her helmet was off she was taking the oxygen and looking around but she really couldn’t help that she was so nervous. Truth be told she was an engineer she was not used to exploring and being out on the field she was used to being behind the scenes and Aiden could probably see how nervous she was. He picked up on it pretty well and paired off with her to make sure she didn’t go too crazy outside of the ship.

“Our here we follow Captain Ryker’s command. I put all of my faith in him.” Amelia reiterated as she reached up to brush some of her blonde hair from her face. She made sure she got all the gear she needed and everything she needed to take notes she was honestly good at that. She wanted to touch everything but she was still nervous about making a mistake and touching the wrong thing since this was a completely new planet and atmosphere.

When Aiden looked in her nervous green eyes she nodded but she didn’t say too much. She would follow her cocaptain easily going north and he could see even though she was nervous she was taking down notes and taking snapshots of everything that looked the same and anything that looked different.

“I didn’t thank you pair up with me I thought you pick someone who is more used to fieldwork. I’ll try not to get in your way it seems like you know way more about this stuff than I do.” Amelia made small talk as they moved further from the groups but he could tell he was afraid to touch anything like he would but maybe he could bring her out of her shell.

Back
Top Bottom