Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Mugen (1×1 w/ Jikkah)

DarkMudkip

Cluster
The nightmare that was Kibutsuji Muzan only seemed to worsen. The demon threat became innumerable, and the Slayers trained to destroy them dwindled more and more with each passing night. Ubuyashiki Kagaya, master of the Slayer Corps, was quickly growing more and more ill the stronger Muzan became, and the light of hope dimmed with his health. The Hashira, the strongest humanity had to defend them, divided and crumbled. Some left to join Muzan, while others vowed with deeper conviction to fight him. Of the hashira lost to Muzan, there was Obanai Iguro, Kanroji Mitsuri, and Uzui Tengen. Only Tomioka Giyuu, Shinobu Kochou, Himejima Gyoumei, and Tokito Muichiro remained. Shinazugawa Sanemi, to the corp's great dismay, had gone missing and was declared KIA during a mission, leaving his Tsuguko - Miyazuki Yuko - to take his place. Tengen's own Tsuguko, Ebisu, had been promoted to pick up the pieces left by her master's betrayal.

The slight done to her and the corps they owed so much to demanded correction. Akatsuru, Ebisu's lover, watched with heartbroken eyes as she prepared to leave to find Tengen.
"Ebi...please...I'll get on my hands and knees...don't do this..." She pleaded feebly.

Last edited:
Ebisu now promoted to rank of Hashira was given permission by master Ubuyashiki to pursue and slay Tengen at her request. She couldn’t fathom as to why her master would betray the corps, and it was up to her to rid him from the world. Ebisu placed her sword across her back and turned to face Akatsuru, smiling sadly as she moved to cup her face. “I’m sorry. I must go.”

Akatsuru squeezed her eyes shut, holding her hands over Ebisu's in a weak attempt to keep her there, fighting the tears that poured down her cheeks, "I'll do anything... don't leave me..."

“You say that like I’m not coming back. I just need to see to something first, then I’ll return home again.” She said, using her other hand to wipe away her tears. “You won’t even notice I’m gone.”

She leaned forward and kissed her forehead gently. “I promise.” She said, leaning in to kiss her on the lips, holding the kiss for a moment before pulling away.

She squeezed her hands tight, scared to let go, before regretfully relenting, "I love you so much, Ebi...nothing will ever keep me from you, you know that, don't you?"

“I love you too.” She said with a gentle smile. “Of course I know that.” She took a step back, ready to leave. “Let’s go on a date when I get back, yeah? It’ll be my treat, you can eat as much as you want.”

Akatsuru smiled weakly and nodded, gripping the skirt of her nurse dress, "It's a date. I've been craving mochi really bad lately, I may spend all your money."

“I’ll make sure to fill my wallet then.” She said, then turned with a wave, heading out the door on her mission. Ebisu knew she had a slim chance of beating her master, but she was raised up as Hashira for a reason.

It took her some time to finally find him, a small town south of Yoshiwara of all places. She felt eyes on her as she walked, but there wasn't a single soul in the town.

Ebisu kept walking forward, knowing that the lack of humans only meant the presence of a demon. She made sure to keep her guard up, the gaze on her making her skin crawl. “I know you’re there, come out already.” She called out.

"How did you...?"
"Don't be stupid, she was bound to find out." Suma and Makio appeared before Ebisu, both of them changed into demons. Both wives had a single horn in the middle of their forehead, their scelara black and their eyes sharp like a feline. Dark ugly veins decorated their porcelain skin, her nails long a sharp.
"You're looking for Lord Tengen, right?" Makio asked firmly, face set in a scowl as she placed a hand on her hip.

Ebisu didn’t waver at the sight of Tengen’s wives turned demon before her, her expression serious. “He’s surely aware I’m here- why is it he himself is not?” She did her best to not reach for her blade, keeping her hands still.

"He wants to talk..." Suma frowned, "I really think you should listen to him, Ebisu...we don't want to hurt you..."
"But we will if needed." Makio added.

“Take me to him.” She said nodding her head, brows furrowed. “But Suma, Makio- I’m disappointed.” She said lowly.

Ebisu sneered in disgust at the sight- last she had seen her master he had been human. She had hardly believed the news that he had turned traitor, but now she had confirmed it with her own eyes. “So it wasn’t just a terrible lie made up, it’s true, you’re a demon now.”

Tengen shifted in his spot as he looked to Ebisu, "This is much more flashy," he replied, "humans were on the losing side, Ebisu. That's not a look I wanted for us."

“A vile answer, I expected better from the man that saved my life.” Ebisu looked naked now, getting red in the face, her scarred lips twisting into a snarl. “Is that all you have to say for yourself?”

"I only want what's best and most flamboyant, for you and for them," he gestured with his head to Suma, Makio, and Hinatsuru, "Join me, gain a higher calling; for you and Akatsuru."

She grabbed her sword handle when he spoke Akatsuru’s name, drawing her blade and pointing it at Tengen. “I will not so easily abandon my oath to slay every demon!” She readied her stance. “And get Tsuru’s name out of your mouth.”

“I won’t entertain anything of the sort!” His words cut her like a knife, how was this at all the same man she knew and trained under?
No, that man was dead, replaced with a demon.

Tengen scowled more and stood before he suddenly vanished, reappearing in front of her and punching her hard in the jaw before he drew his blades.
"I will give you one last chance to join me."

Back
Top Bottom