Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

About to write my ads... Need some tips.

Kynseira

The angel born in hell
Hey gang. I'm ready to write my post... However I'm not going to lie to you that I'm having a hard time coming up with ideas and especially how to go about making my post.

Does anyone have any ideas for an order of things?

Would it be better if I made an F-list?

Do you have any advice...

Thanks

Hi and welcome to the site!

Everyone's different as to what they like to put in their RTs, so I think the order of things depends more on what's most important to you. For instance, I'm more focused on OOC stuff (expectations on post frequency, RP location, etc.) than I am on plot ideas or fandoms, so I like to put that kind of stuff first. I think it's more just about including what's important to you, so partners know the essentials before they contact you.

F-Lists are useful, but they're definitely not required. Some people prefer to just list their favorites and limits right in their thread. You can even use spoiler code to "hide" it from view if you're worried about it making the thread too long. That can be done with this code:
Code:
[SPOILER="Spoiler Title"]Whatever you want to put inside the spoiler[/SPOILER]

Basically, just make it how you want! Since everyone is different and wants different things, there's no "right" or "wrong" way to make a Request.

Happy searching!

Hi and welcome! Glad you're finally taking the first step in your partner search!

An F-List isn't needed. It's just an easy way to give people a list of things you're into exploring. There are quite a few RTs that only list the top 5-6 kinks they want.

I'm relatively new here, but here's my thoughts from when I was making my RT.

Your RT should be about you. People who read it should come away with a better idea of your personality, what you're into, and how you write. 'How you write' is crucial, especially if you want to only play through PMs or Discord or somewhere else where other people here can't read what you've written before. Some people include samples of their writing in a separate section from their plot ideas. I chose to turn my plot ideas into my writing samples. If you have plot ideas that are longer than like 2-3 paragraphs, I think it's a good idea to put them in spoiler tags so people can skip what they're not interested in without having to scroll too much.

Like Solo pointed out, it's a really good idea to put any OOC expectations you have near the top of your RT. If it's not the first thing people see, it should definitely be the second.

Aside from the other advice people have already given, I also recommend visiting the ConCrit forums to ask for feedback once you've posted your thread. Keep in mind that your first version doesn't have to be perfect, and it's okay to change and update things after the fact.

Hi and welcome! Glad you're finally taking the first step in your partner search!

An F-List isn't needed. It's just an easy way to give people a list of things you're into exploring. There are quite a few RTs that only list the top 5-6 kinks they want.

I'm relatively new here, but here's my thoughts from when I was making my RT.

Your RT should be about you. People who read it should come away with a better idea of your personality, what you're into, and how you write. 'How you write' is crucial, especially if you want to only play through PMs or Discord or somewhere else where other people here can't read what you've written before. Some people include samples of their writing in a separate section from their plot ideas. I chose to turn my plot ideas into my writing samples. If you have plot ideas that are longer than like 2-3 paragraphs, I think it's a good idea to put them in spoiler tags so people can skip what they're not interested in without having to scroll too much.

Like Solo pointed out, it's a really good idea to put any OOC expectations you have near the top of your RT. If it's not the first thing people see, it should definitely be the second.
I'm glad to hear the F-List is not needed... Because to be real , I've never really understood the point of having such an exhaustive kinklist.

Thanks for the tips !

As an F-List veteran (and someone who didn't even realize the feature was there at first), they have a pretty spicy chatroom in addition to the profile creation.

As an F-List veteran (and someone who didn't even realize the feature was there at first), they have a pretty spicy chatroom in addition to the profile creation.
I know, and I tried using F-List and .... for a short time. Uh... Maybe it's not for me... Maybe I haven't explored enough... But I really didn't like it.

Yeah it's definitely...it's definitely F-List, for sure. I mostly stick around there because of the friends I've made. But I've found it nigh impossible to actually do any worthwhile writing there. Part of why I came back here to try my luck.

Back
Top Bottom