Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Save custom text colours?

KarmicBacklash

Shipping Trash
So, sometimes we all like to use coloured text. It stands out, it looks pretty, and it adds a little je ne sais quoi to posts. However, the pre-coded colour selection is limited, and if you can't find what you want, you have to go digging for hex codes. But once you find one you like and want to use regularly, you're going to have to enter that code every. Single. Time.

It's annoying. Minor, but annoying. Would it be possible, then, to create the ability to save hex codes so they can be selected from the colour picker rather than having to either memorize a bunch of them, or go into a reference file every time you want to use one? Even if the number has to be somewhat limited, I would personally greatly prefer it to the hassle I have to contend with now.

i'm going to keep it real with you. i don't know if this is something that could be implemented - this is a veks inquiry. i will say though, i'd start a PM with yourself and send yourself the hex codes that you currently like to keep track of. or whatever system you have now will work too! if you want to be time savvy, i would save the hex codes through this site <3

It would take the same amount of time to fetch the code from a self-PM as it does to get it from the file I keep on my PC. I'm not really asking for other solutions. I doubt this would be too hard to code, though whether or not that code could be used would probably depend on what the code that's already in place looks like and if it could be slotted in there somewhere.

This would be a @Vekseid question as he is the one who handles the backend of the site.

I would love this function as well. But, in the meantime, to save myself some trouble and time (otherwise I have to click edit on a post and find the color in the bbcode.....), I tend to add the hex-codes in some of my posts, but make them invisible, so other people can't see them. That way, I can just mark them and copy-paste them into the new post.

Sooo, let's say I am using these colors: grey, pink and beige. I then use those throughout the post and then I just add them at the bottom of my post, like this:
Code:
[color=transparent]989898, edadcc, f2e0d5[/color]

They are under here if you double-click you mark one of them:
989898,edadcc,f2e0d5

It's not the same and you still have to copy it into the hex, but it saves you the trouble of constantly having to get the hex-codes from 'editing' another post every damn time you're going to use it.

This would be a @Vekseid question as he is the one who handles the backend of the site.

I figured that was probably the case. How would one go about specifically bringing the suggestion to Vekseid?

I would love this function as well. But, in the meantime, to save myself some trouble and time (otherwise I have to click edit on a post and find the color in the bbcode.....), I tend to add the hex-codes in some of my posts, but make them invisible, so other people can't see them. That way, I can just mark them and copy-paste them into the new post.

Sooo, let's say I am using these colors: grey, pink and beige. I then use those throughout the post and then I just add them at the bottom of my post, like this:
Code:
[color=transparent]989898, edadcc, f2e0d5[/color]

They are under here if you double-click you mark one of them:
989898,edadcc,f2e0d5

It's not the same and you still have to copy it into the hex, but it saves you the trouble of constantly having to get the hex-codes from 'editing' another post every damn time you're going to use it.

That sounds like a pain, honestly. It's a decent workaround, I'll grant you, and admittedly pretty clever, I wouldn't have thought of it. I definitely still want the ability to just save hex codes though lmao.

The site saves drafts, presumably somewhere in the cookies. This actually does seem pretty doable, the more I think about it.

Back
Top Bottom