Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Suggestion Tag other members?

Mr.Ross

Avid Roleplayer
I think it would be useful to be able to place certain tags beside the name of another member. This tag would only be visible to the person placing it.

Imagine you're checking out the Roleplay Requests by Females to see what's interesting. You can skip past the ALL of the threads that you might have seen before, you might be in a roleplay with and so on and focus only on what's truly new. Similarly you can quickly see people you might have tagged in the past and you have a connection with, posting in a thread asking a question and help them out that way.

I've asked for the ability to hide specific threads so that you don't see them in the list a few years back but that still hasn't been implemented despite other writing sites having the exact functionality. In the meantime, despite it not being the intended use, I personally lean on the ignore user function to hide request threads from people I'm not interested in writing with but your mileage with that method may vary.

I've asked for the ability to hide specific threads so that you don't see them in the list a few years back but that still hasn't been implemented despite other writing sites having the exact functionality. In the meantime, despite it not being the intended use, I personally lean on the ignore user function to hide request threads from people I'm not interested in writing with but your mileage with that method may vary.
Yeah I think that could accomplish the same result.

I didn't know about the Ignore functionality. So if I Ignore someone then I stop seeing their RTs anymore?

Yeah I think that could accomplish the same result.

I didn't know about the Ignore functionality. So if I Ignore someone then I stop seeing their RTs anymore?
Correct. All of their posts and messages will be hidden to you by default and you'll have to manually select the "show ignored content" to be able to temporarily see postings from ignored users.

Do note that ignoring someone prevents them from contacting you via PM as well though. Any message they try to send you gets automatically discarded.

Ah okay so that's useless for people that I'm roleplaying with but I don't want their RT thread to pop up over and over again. In any case could be useful for people I want to ignore for real.

It's an imperfect measure but it's all we've really got at the moment. But yes, don't ignore people you are roleplaying with or want to maintain communication with. People you don't think you'd mesh with at all and just want to hide their request threads though? It does a decent job there as you say.

I personally lean on the ignore user function to hide request threads from people I'm not interested in writing with but your mileage with that method may vary.
This makes shitposting in non RP related threads very awkward, when people think they've offended you (why would I ignore them otherwise?). So I stopped doing that.

I did come up (but not implemented) and over-engineered approach:
1. Create alt-account.
2. Use alt to ignore all the threads that I would not engage with for whatever reason.
3. Use alt as filter, and then copy paste thread urls in browser with main account.

But I have to be frustrated beyond any reasonable ways to do something like that :)

I've asked for the ability to hide specific threads so that you don't see them in the list a few years back but that still hasn't been implemented despite other writing sites having the exact functionality.
This is actually what I've been wanting to ask for as well. There are plenty of threads that I'm just not interested in and would prefer not to see on my feed every day, but ignoring the person who posted it and thereby missing out on anything else they'll post and any message they may send me in response to my own threads, feels like a pretty nuclear option.

This might not be relevant, but perhaps it would be possible to add a function similar to "watch threads", just reversed? So, like hide thread. So those threads won't show up in the feed at all.

Or perhaps just a function where you can add tags to a thread that lets you know whether or not you have seen it or not. This might be a stretch and might take some effort to do, but it would be handy, especially when it comes to threads that get bumped often.

Or some sort of function where you can mark a thread "as read" (or silence thread) so even if they bump it, it won't appear as new even though it's on top of the page.

This might not be relevant, but perhaps it would be possible to add a function similar to "watch threads", just reversed? So, like hide thread. So those threads won't show up in the feed at all.
As I stated before in this thread, I use other writing sites with this exact functionality. Open a thread, click the ignore thread button, choose if you want to hide that thread in the news feed and/or in the actual thread list, and boom it's done. Quick, simple, easy and you can still see other content by that individual and otherwise converse with them.

So clearly it's possible to do something similar here if not the exact same process.

As I stated before in this thread, I use other writing sites with this exact functionality. Open a thread, click the ignore thread button, choose if you want to hide that thread in the news feed and/or in the actual thread list, and boom it's done. Quick, simple, easy and you can still see other content by that individual and otherwise converse with them.

So clearly it's possible to do something similar here if not the exact same process.

Ahhh, yes, that is exactly what I meant. I guess I didn't read through the other posts thoroughly before answering, heh. But I'll admit that a function like that would be really handy and make navigating through the site (especially when looking for potential partners) a lot easier!

Ahhh, yes, that is exactly what I meant. I guess I didn't read through the other posts thoroughly before answering, heh. But I'll admit that a function like that would be really handy and make navigating through the site (especially when looking for potential partners) a lot easier!
Pardon my ignorance Khira, but doesn't the giant orange "Designer" sticker by your name mean that you're the designer of this site?

So it would be within your power to implement this??

Pardon my ignorance Khira, but doesn't the giant orange "Designer" sticker by your name mean that you're the designer of this site?

Unfortunately, I can't really help with this. But if I could, I definitely would! I mean, I can't imagine it being that hard to add a function like this, but I don't know the details, heh

This is something that would be in @Vekseid 's wheelhouse as they run the behind the scenes aspects of the site

Unfortunately, I can't really help with this. But if I could, I definitely would! I mean, I can't imagine it being that hard to add a function like this, but I don't know the details, heh
Ah I see. So what does the Designer tag mean beside your name?

What do you design?

Ah I see. So what does the Designer tag mean beside your name?

What do you design?

It means that I can design stuff for other members, so mainly graphics (signatures, banners, headers, profile pics, etc), and occasionally I code request threads and stuff!
I could probably figure out more site stuff if I tried, but that isn't in my "job description", I'm afraid. But I wish I knew how to implement a few functions, so we could get them up and running.... hehe

Aaah okay gotcha! Thanks for the clarification!

How you get that shiny tag though? I thought it was reserved only for mods and admins and people running the site?

Can anyone get a tag like that?

Aaah okay gotcha! Thanks for the clarification!

How you get that shiny tag though? I thought it was reserved only for mods and admins and people running the site?

Can anyone get a tag like that?
Anyone can apply for a position on staff. For the Design Team, there are a few requirements that need to be met. Being proficient with Photoshop or other image editing software is a must.

Back
Top Bottom