Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Mx F or NB More Than Meets the Cliche; A Cheerleader Story

purehoney68

In his Softboy™ era
When my class decided on a Secret Santa gift exchange, I wasn't exactly thrilled.

I usually kept to myself during class, rarely engaging with my peers except when collaboration was mandatory. It wasn't a big deal; every class had its quiet kid. But now, choosing the perfect gift for my Secret Santa recipient seemed like a daunting task.

I considered the easy way out—just getting a gift card. After all, who doesn't love money, right? But then I saw who I was assigned to: the cheerleader who sat in front of me.

She was almost a laughable stereotype with her aesthetics. Natural blonde hair, bubbly attitude, petite frame, high pitched melodic voice that always had a slight bratty tone to it, and even sometimes the cheer uniform to match. Summed up, she was any guys wet dream.

What made her stand out to me however, aside from her sitting right ahead of me, was what went against her supposed cliche.

She was easily the smartest person in class, answering even the rhetorical questions teachers didn't expect students to know like she was playing Jeprody, just as long as she was called on. Social studies was her best subject, able to name off any countries capital, point out any landmark on a map, and she could even give you the rundown of the any Europeans countries history.

It was odd how well traveled she seemed, despite still attending classes, but all she had to say on the matter was that she wanted to travel like her grandparents did. It was the last thing you'd expect from someone who called out leaders to cheer on the football team, but it made her the most interesting person in class.

The only concern I had left with giving a gift was her supposed meanstreak, though she only seemed to get nasty with bullies and the occasional rude comment about her cheer uniform.

I expected a half hearted "thanks" Or maybe even an enthusiastic smile at the best when I handed over the wrapped antique globe. It was one I found at a flea market for cheap, an obsolete piece that still had "prussia" listed as a country and "The USSR" taking up most of Asia. I hadn't intended it to get a grand reaction, just something that caught my eye while out shopping.

When the tears started to well up in her eyes as I explained it was so she could plan out her travels, assuming she finds the time, it caught me off guard. The tight hug and happy squeal was the last thing I had expected from a 20$ purchase.

Now, she won't leave me alone, always talking to me before class, finding me in the hallway, and I don't even want to know how she got my personal number. Hell, she even brought me lunch one day!

If she wasn't one of the most popular girls in school, I'd think she was flirting!

She isn't, right?

What the hell do I do?

Hey there!

Thanks for reading!

If this prompt at all sounds interesting, drop me a line! Please come with a response that's more than 1 line and explains why you liked this particular plot!

Always open to tweaks and other ideas!

Back
Top Bottom