Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

The Death of the Force. [SIGNALIS + STAR WARS.]

Sylvan Varain

Mortal-King
2401BE9DD04D100F49AF2A391581CC27F1AFFEBB

This post is looking for a GM, meaning that your real life gender is completely irrelevant to me. If you're looking for a GM, feel free to request a look at my GM4A content, specifically my ongoing search for a KOTOR 2 Retelling with myself as the GM. There's writing samples pinned to my profile.

---=---

INITIALIZING REQUEST . . . ACCEPTED. HELLO [Micah] HOW MAY THIS INTERFACE ASSIST YOU TODAY?

///HARDWARE INFORMATION///

. . . . . . . . . .

[OS: TUS COMPONENTS (TM) THE ENGINEER'S CHOICE]

[OCULAR SYSTEM: L: YDW CYBERNETICS MK.2 / R: N/A]

[CIRC. SYSTEM: GOOLE BIONICS (TM) LIFE MECHANICS]

MOST RECENT ACTIVATION PERIOD: 7 YEARS / 172 DAYS / 22 HOURS - ERROR: PLEASE SPEAK TO OPERATOR. MACHINE UNSUITABLE FOR EXTENSIVE PERIODS OF ACTIVATION.

LOCATION: ARKOS INDUSTRIES . . . TWO METERS FROM CURRENT LOCATION.

SALE DATE: . . . NOT FOUND. PLEASE BE AWARE THAT THEFT OF CORPORATE PROPERTY IS A FINEABLE OFFENSE OF UP TO 200,000 CREDITS AND A JAILTIME OF 47 YEARS.

MOST RECENT MEMORY WIPE: . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .... .. . . ... . . . . .FDFB.ERQ;;/////

UNIT IS CAPABLE OF LIFTING UP TO SEVEN TIMES ITS OWN WEIGHT (PER GALACTIC STANDARD ACCEPTED POUNDAGE) AND IS RESISTANT TO . . . INTENSE HEAT, COLD, BIOMECHANICAL ATTACK, BIOLOGICAL ATTACK, ACID [PLEASE CHECK MANUFACTORER'S LABEL FOR A FULL LISTING]

THE UNIT WILL NEVER . . . DISOBEY THE OWNER OF ITS LICENSE.

TELL THEM 'NO.'

NEVER LIE OR ATTEMPT TO DECEIVE A SENTIENT.

WILL NEVER STEAL, OR CONCERN ITSELF WITH ITS OWN 'SURVIVAL.'

WILL NEVER HARM A SENTIENT.

. . . . . . . .

LATEST RECORDS SHOW THE UNIT HAS BEEN UNDER CONTINUOUS STRESS ASSOCIATED WITH HIGH-VOLUME, AND STRENUOUS LABOR IN HOT AND COLD ENVIRONMENTS. OUR COMPANY OFFERS MANY OILS AND EQUIPMENT

///SHUT DOWN///

Don't.

---=---

"I hate the Force. I hate that it seems to have a will, that it would control us to achieve some measure of balance when countless lives are lost."

- Kreia, 'Darth Traya,' Knights of the Old Republic 2.

It dawned on me while ranting at a friend as a certified Obsidian stan about how good KOTOR 2 and SIGNALIS are that I really should slam the two together. How, you might ask?

Like all of my stories I will always be open to massively redrafting my content, however, the intact idea in my head is that our main character is an android, a Replicant, a . . . great many things are possible, but the end result is the same; a humanoid machine that has not had her memory wiped as is expected.

You know how Star Wars frequently calls to droids getting a bit 'weird' when they don't get the good 'ole mind erasure? We're going to be taking it to a massive, overexaggerated degree and combine it with one of my favorite lines from **SIGNALIS** --

"IT'S LIKE EVERYTHING WAS TAKEN APART AND PUT BACK TOGETHER BY SOMEBODY WHO DOESN'T UNDERSTAND HOW IT WORKS."

Again, open to ideas here, but the gist is that the Star Wars universe has begun to disassemble and become something wholly different than its original whole. Why? Plenty of possibilities with the funniest one in my head being that Disney's refusal to move the timeline forward and instead keeping it within the same pre-Rebellion and very slightly post-Rebellion era has unwound the fabric of the universe, letting it disintegrate around itself until things like the Sith and Jedi are unrecognizable. We've got a completely unhinged android with an increasingly growing psychosis in an equally warped reality -- Star Wars Visions amped up to a 100.

Also, the Force might just be an eldritch entity that loves seeing trillions of people die in holy wars in its name, because I love the idea of Kreia's line from KOTOR 2 being an insight into what it would 'become' in this reality.

As for an actual plot . . . I'm foreseeing a toxic, borderline parasocial obsession between an extremely impoverished android given a great deal of privileges compared to her robotic peers and a woman of influence. Governor's daughter? CEO's daughter? Sister? A particularly beloved and cherished factory worker that seems massively out of reach?

Another 'to be discussed' thing. It should, however, be a deeply imbalanced relationship at a glance. A thing of obsession and distant yearning; just like SIGNALIS, albeit a slower burn. Probably. I'm thinking that there's an element of forced proximity, or at least 'convenient proximity' that gives them time to build rapport and build a genuine relationship with one another . . . probably at the expense of every other living thing in the galaxy, as the main character is an immensely insecure being who can barely afford a warm shower but wants to build a pampered, 'you will be taken care of' life with their presumably rich girlfriend.

Expect a lot of SPLATTERPUNK violence and gore and girls kissing.

images

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom