Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Question In Regards to ConCrit & Idea Development...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chippairaptor

UMP-45's Husband
I'm looking for some feedback on some off-site writing projects, and while ConCrit looks like the place to post it at first glance, I just wanted to be a hundred percent certain before I went and made a post there. Is asking for feedback not related to RPs something that is welcomed there, or is it strictly related to RPing?

I'm looking for some feedback on some off-site writing projects, and while ConCrit looks like the place to post it at first glance, I just wanted to be a hundred percent certain before I went and made a post there. Is asking for feedback not related to RPs something that is welcomed there, or is it strictly related to RPing?
What site or hosting method are these writing projects on? While we don't allow the advertisement of other RP forums and certain sites such as literotica, I don't particularly see the harm if it's say, hosted on Google documents (Provided of course you are able to ensure anyone involved is able to remain anonymous.).

What site or hosting method are these writing projects on? While we don't allow the advertisement of other RP forums and certain sites such as literotica, I don't particularly see the harm if it's say, hosted on Google documents (Provided of course you are able to ensure anyone involved is able to remain anonymous.).
Wattpad, specifically. I've already posted one part of one story, and am currently working on the prologue of the other. I could copy-paste into a thread to avoid any issues.

I'm going to say Wattpad should be OK and I see no particular issues with it.

While we don't allow the advertisement of other RP forums
What exactly is BMR scared of? Why the need to wall everyone inside of your garden when sharing is what people should be doing? I know people who won't come here because of that. Other RP sites don't have such a questionable rule.

What exactly is BMR scared of? Why the need to wall everyone inside of your garden when sharing is what people should be doing? I know people who won't come here because of that. Other RP sites don't have such a questionable rule.
You seem to be somewhat hostile towards, and negatively critical of, the rules of this site...

Most other forums either outright ban advertising, require that the advertised site links back to them, or have their advertisements screened and approved by the site owner/staff.

Most of the time, it's not owners of these sites coming here to advertise, so we have no way to monitor or enforce that the site is linking back to us. It'd also require us as staff to continually keep an eye on these other sites to make sure our advertisement stays up.

We have a roleplay community here, and we also allow members here to create their own groups with other BMR members. If people want to find others, there's always Google.

Most other forums either outright ban advertising, require that the advertised site links back to them, or have their advertisements screened and approved by the site owner/staff.
Talking about another site has never been banned on any other RP site I've been on. Sure, ads and banners might be, but general chat about it isn't, as far as I've been aware; why does what they do matter, anyway? I can name 2 places already which don't have this rule (I'm currently still on one of them), and the admin of one of them even explicitly recommends checking out others publicly, with BMR being one of them.

And you don't need to behave the same as them, BMR is not them, and they are not BMR.

Guess what also walls people into their garden and enforces talk only of itself and disallows talk of anything else? Cults.

Humanity did not get this far by this level of bickering and hiding stuff; even the reason this website exists right now is thanks to the technology and knowledge of that technology shared to allow it to run, and the sharing of literature and similar throughout centuries, bringing the hobby to light.

I come from a very open field of work and lifestyle, which helps as many people as possible, is as transparent as possible, and shares as much as possible. Who else shares their entire request thread formatting like I do, under a proper, legally-enforceable open-source license, mainly to protect members who decide to use it against claims of plagiarism, rather than protect myself?

I don't see the need to say "they started it!". Why don't you "finish it", then? It's not difficult to just be yourself and your own thing, instead of following what everyone else does.

Talking about another site has never been banned on any other RP site I've been on.

There's no rule stating we can't talk about other forums/Discords, only that they can't be advertised. As specified in rule 11, if you're uncertain about what counts as advertisement, talk about it with the staff, which is exactly what happened here. I've seen plenty of posts (especially in the intro section) mentioning other sites/platforms people have RPed on and I don't think anyone has ever made a problem out of it.

I imagine that if blatant advertisement were allowed, the Request sections would be littered with "come join my RP forum/Discord" spam and I don't think anyone would benefit from that. It's a fairly common rule in (RP and other) Discord servers I'm in as well.

There's no rule stating we can't talk about other forums/Discords, only that they can't be advertised.
That's not what the first staff response in this thread stated, nor did my claim of what I said here about it be dismissed in the rule 4 change thread months ago.

I imagine that if blatant advertisement were allowed, the Request sections would be littered with "come join my RP forum/Discord" spam and I don't think anyone would benefit from that. It's a fairly common rule in (RP and other) Discord servers I'm in as well.
Advertisement isn't the issue here, because that is a different issue altogether. How does one determine advertising from a literal statement about another site? Isn't it advertising just to talk about it?

Advertisement isn't the issue here, because that is a different issue altogether. How does one determine advertising from a literal statement about another site? Isn't it advertising just to talk about it?
Talk:
You know, I wrote on Gaia a while back...
Really? What was it like?
It was okay. Had some strange people, though.

Advertisement:
You know, I wrote on Gaia a while back...
Really? What was it like?
It was really good. You should go there and check it out. It's got really cool features that this site doesn't have. Here's the link if you're interested.

Does that help?

This question has been answered and there's no real point in keeping this thread open for now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom