Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Suggestion Pin PMs to the top of the inbox?

Khira

ɴᴏᴛ ʙʀᴏᴋᴇɴ, ᴊᴜꜱᴛ ʙᴇɴᴛ
Designer
This might be a question, but unless it already works somehow, could we perhaps add this function?

Is there a way to pin messages to the top of the inbox (especially in the dropdown menu), unless you mark them as unread?
I really want to be able to keep track of which messages I need to respond to, but I don't want to have my inbox show that I have new/unread messages in order to keep track of them.

Like this or something ::

pinsss.png

PS. this is just photoshopped ^

Not 100% sure if pinning is possible or not, but in the meantime, you could just use conversation folders and then filter by that folder. I usually sort mine by "planning - need to reply", "planning - waiting", "need to reply", "waiting on reply", etc. That way, I can filter for just what I'm looking for (like if I'm doing replies and want to find everything I need to check off).

I do use folders, but all the extra clicks to sort them are so annoying, haha. Not to mention having to change the folders every time you reply.... I sort mine by OOC, RP and REQUESTS. But I don't really like how the inbox itself works. I mean, it looks okay when you open it, but the functionality of it is a bit old-school. Although I can imagine the work that has to be done to make it easier to navigate, so I won't ask for that. But if it isn't too hard to add a "pin to top" function, I'd love that!

This is a Vekseid issue, for a quicker response you should PM him.

I dont think this is an issue, but a suggestion? And an awesome one, too. I'd love to be able to pin my IC threads so I don't lose track. 😅
When I say issue, it means, this is something that needs to be answered or handled by Vekseid.

And an awesome one, too. I'd love to be able to pin my IC threads so I don't lose track
Happy to hear I'm not the only one!
This is a Vekseid issue, for a quicker response you should PM him.
It's no rush. I just wanted to know if it's already possible or if it is possible to add this function in the future. It would be really handy!

And the other admins can't take it to Vekseid? Having players PM the site owner/root admin directly kind of defeats the purpose of a suggestion board.
I'm not saying we don't, but Vekseid is busy and the more people that show interest shows the more likely it could be done if it's not a huge fix. This thread is specifically for questions and suggestions, that is correct. Most of the suggestions recently have been out of the wheelhouse of anyone other than Vekseid as he does most of the behind the scenes features when it comes to the site as a whole.

My suggestion for Khira to PM him is because she'd probably get a faster answer that way and because Staff as a whole are aware that she has a few suggestions that would need answers or input from Vekseid himself. If you don't like the suggestion, you are free to not do it. It was specifically for Khira since she is also a member of staff.

you can star messages, which isn't the exact same as pinning, but is slightly less work than shifting folders with each reply. "star" messages that you haven't replied to yet, perhaps? and undo it once you have?​

you can star messages, which isn't the exact same as pinning, but is slightly less work than shifting folders with each reply. "star" messages that you haven't replied to yet, perhaps? and undo it once you have?​
Sadly, it’s just as many clicks to star convos as it is to move them to a different folder 🙈 and they don’t move to the top anyways… but thanks for the tip!

I love this idea. I really hope that it can be implemented. It would be so nice to keep things organized. Great suggestions, Khira!
Thank you! And I know, right? It would make it so much easier to keep the inbox organized!

Heh - I'd use the feature to pin my active RPs and related OOCs to the top of my list, regardless of whether they needed replies or not - the thread icons tell you who last posted to it. :)

But this is a great idea for a future update/feature.

Back
Top Bottom