Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Guess That Thing

Reverence

Meteorite
I skimmed the forum, and didn't see anything quite like this, so here we go. Rules are simple. Pick an object, and describe it in as much detail as you like. It can be physical details, it can be how it makes you feel. Spoiler the answer at the bottom, as a courtesy.

This is a thing that fits in my hand. Part of it is rough to the touch, weathered, cracking around the edges, the face of it embossed. It is round, well, more teardrop shaped to be precise. It smells grassy, earthy, oaky, and when I close my eyes, it takes me back to my adolescence. Part of it is cold, hard, patinaed, with ridges that were once sharp, but now worn after years of use, and slightly bent from too rough of use. It jingles and clinks in my hand. The last part is shiny and not yet worn, the etched lettering still crisp. Cold to the touch, but it warms my heart, even if it does give me a lump in my throat.

My house key, on a ring with both a leather tab, and the ID tag of a dearly departed pet.

It's shorter than its partners, yet arguably more important than those beside it. It gets used, countless times, daily, and without it, even the most basic of tasks would be incredibly difficult. It's smooth, multi-layered, and comprised of more parts than a glance would indicate. It feels. It can press, as well as pull. I have two, and though they're virtually identical, each serves both similar, and different functions as the need arises.

My thumb

It's long and hard, has a hole at one end, bristly at the other. I put it in my mouth, move it back and forth until white stuff foams from my mouth.

A toothbrush

From what I can see, we are meant to guess the previous posters description, and add a spoiler to our follow up object as well.

My guess: That was a tricky one, Sync. But I think I'll go with Toothbrush because I cheated and had a peek.

This thing has a sensitive bud, and delicate folds about a hole. It can come in various colors and sizes and is often found to have hair.

Oh, yes, I did mean a vagina.

Back
Top Bottom