Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Strange Aeons (blaze gamma X ShadowPlay) [NSFW]

Tiana came down from the ladder. "Good idea. Your magic's up for it?" She asked as she looked at him approaching the dead body.

When Exilis came within a few feet of the dead woman and began reaching out for whatever was in her belt, the woman softly coughed. She wasn't as dead as she had appeared. Her eyes opened slowly and she gave Exilis a wry smile. "Who are you?" She asked in a weakened voice.

Exilis stepped back. "It wouldn't be fast, but I can fire the small shots all day." He said to his partner, eyeing the woman, irritated at the entire situation. Still, he had his plans. Blast first, ask questions later. He held up his hand. "I'll answer you once I'm sure you're not one of those things." He spoke coldly before a quick incantation.

[ 1d20+2 = 18 ] Ray of Frost [ 1d3 = 1 ] Cold

Exilis blasted the woman on the table with a ray of frost. She screamed and jumped to her feet as she changed shape into another doppelganger. She was cursing Exilis as she went for his throat. But both Exilis and Tiana were faster than the monster.

Tiana moved in front of Exilis to protect him and then she tried to chop off the head of the creature. However she was not successful at hitting their foe.

[ 1d20+3 = 8 ] Initiative doppelganger
[ 1d20+1 = 12 ] Initiative Tiana
[ 1d20+5 = 10 ] Initiative Exilis

[ 1d20+7 = 8 natural one1 ] Attack Tiana, [ 1d8+4+1d6 = 14 ] Damage plus sneak

Exilis moved off to the side. He decided, for the time being, that he would take a more proactive approach. But he would need to wait for the thing to get off the table. First off, he blasted it once more, deciding to put a little more effort into his magic. From his hand, two bolts of force launched, striking the doppelganger in the chest.
Magic Missle (CL3) [ 2d4+2 = 6 ] Force
Expended 1 point from Arcane Reservoir to increase CL by 1

The doppelganger screamed as Exilis' magic missiles hammered into its chest. It jumped from the table to the ground next to Tiana and sliced at the woman with its sharp claws. One of the claws hit her hard and drew a lot of blood.

"Fuck you! By Abbadon I will crush you." She screamed at her assailant. She tried to return the favor of drawing blood as she used her selfish healing to heal some of the damage she had just recieved. Her blade drew blood from the shapeshifter and a minute amount of damage was healed.

[ 1d20+7 = 24 ] Doppelganger claw [ 1d8+3 = 10 ]
[ 1d20+7 = 17 ] Doppelganger claw [ 1d8+3 = 5 ]
[ 1d20+7 = 18 ] Tiana attack, [ 1d8+4 = 8 ] Damage [ 1d8+4 = 8 ]
[ 1d6 = 1 ] Selfish healing

Exilis stepped forward, forcing the doppelganger to fight from a disadvantageous position against the both of them. While he knew it likely wouldn't be terribly helpful, he still swung his dagger at the creature, staying in a guarded stance.

[ 1d20-3 = 1 ] Dagger swing [ 1d4-2 = -1 ] Damage Fighting defensively, total AC 21

The doppelganger was not terribly worried about Exilis. And though he provided a bit of distraction his attack didn't hit it. The creature tried to end Tiana's suffering with its claws. But neither of the claws hit the armored woman.

She did in turn attack the now flanked monster. She missed terribly, but used another charge of her selfish healing to heal herself.

[ 1d20+7 = 20 ] Doppelganger claw [ 1d8+3 = 5 ]
[ 1d20+7 = 20 ] Doppelganger claw [ 1d8+3 = 9 ]
[ 1d20+7 = 8 natural one1 ] Tiana attack, [ 1d8+4+1d6 = 7 ] Damage plus sneak
[ 1d6 = 5 ] Selfish healing (2 uses left)

Avoiding Exilis' dagger, the doppelganger felt like it was fighting a bunch of amateurs. It tried to hit Tiana yet again and sliced deep into her shoulder. She cried in pain as she felt the blood seep down her arm.

She tried to hit the monster, but yet again her sword missed the target. The pain in her arm was hindering her too much.

[ 1d20+7 = 14 ] Doppelganger claw [ 1d8+3 = 9 ]
[ 1d20+7 = 26 ] Doppelganger claw [ 1d8+3 = 10 ]
[ 1d20+7 = 8 natural one1 ] Tiana attack, [ 1d8+4+1d6 = 12 ] Damage plus sneak
[ 1d6 = 1 ] Selfish healing

Exilis was getting frustrated. Out of desperation, he decided to cast a spell, still holding position as he did so, the spell flying wild due to the hectic nature of the fight.

[ 1d20+6 = 15 ] Defensive Casting [ 1d20-2 = 8 ] Ray of frost [ 1d3 = 1 ] Cold

Finallt, Tiana had some luck. In an opening in the doppelganger's defense, she sliced across its throat with a massive blow. Her training in anatomy allowed her to hit the jugular, leaving a bleeding wound that was spraying blood everywhere. The creature put a hand at its throat and sank to the ground with a gurgling noise.

Tiana, gave a sigh of relief. She was severely wounded and hurting all over. "Fuck. I wasn't sure we'd survive this." She said as she looked at her injured arm.

[ 1d20+9 = 27 ] Tiana attack (flanking) [ 1d8+4+1d6 = 14 ] Sneak damage
Tiana 4 HP left

Exilis stepped up to Tiana, placing a hand on her arm, he spoke a small prayer, causing the wound to close slightly. "Well, it's not nothing. I've got a bit more in the tank, so we should be able to push a little further." He said, picking up the item off the doppelganger's belt before heading over to the basin and taking shots at the ghoul in the barrel with his cantrips.

[ 1d8+2 = 7 ] Cure Light Wounds, burning prepared casting of Bane

Last edited:
Tiana nodded and smiled at the help from Exilis. She wasn't used to that kind of kindness. How she knew it, when she didn't remember her life, was strange. She just knew that she had relied on herself most of her life. She was still injured and used some of her prepared alchemical compounds to heal her wounds a little more.

The ghoul in the barrel fell over, dead as Exilis' spell hit it the first time. It had been injured and beaten and had no fight left in it.

[ 1d8+2 = 3 ] Cure light wounds, alchemist CL2

Tiana shrugged. "Let's have a look at it."

The dead undead in the basin was wearing the shredded remains of the robe of a priest of Pharasma.

Besides the magic dagger that Exilis pulled from the doppelganger's belt a few other items also came to their attention. A key to the manacles restraining the prisoners to the north sats next to the lantern to the far south of the room. A set of reasonably well-kept surgeon's tools rested on the table nearby. Additionally, the table held a handy haversack that soon turned out to have an extradimentional space, containing a pouch with 3 pp, a pearl and a strange headband with a small box attached. Both the pearl and the headband emitted a magic aura.

In the back of the room was a large, 6' tall mirror.

Last edited:
Exilis shuffled through the items. "Quite the haul here," he mumbled as he started packing the items back into the bag, unfortunately not able to ascertain any information about either the pearl or the headband. The dagger, at least, he would put on his belt. It certainly appeared to be more well made than the one he'd been carrying. "Well, if nothing else, this should help us going forward... At any rate, useful as this all is, we've still not found any supplies or clues as to what's going on here, so we may be best to continue on. Are you up for it?"

[ 1d20+9 = 10 natural one1 ] Identifying Pearl, [ 1d20+9 = 13 ] Identifying headband
[ 1d20+9 = 17 ] Identifying Dagger properties

"Yeah. I'm ready to continue. Let us see what's further ahead." Tiana responded. She was still annoyed over the previous fight. It had been as if she had been jinxed with bad luck.

The two of them returned to the room with the now dead ghoul and the chained prisoner. Tiana looked at him. "What should we do about him?" She asked Exilis.

The dagger seems to be a +1 magical dagger.

Exilis placed a hand to his chin. "He's hardly sane. Considering the ghoul was chewing him, I doubt he's one of those things. Better still to leave him until we can come back with someone who can do more for him. Having someone infirm with us does us no good, especially since he may be allied to one of our targets." He spoke the last part softly. "Just remember he's here and let the camp decide his fate."

Tiana nodded. "Sure no problem." She had not really considered taking him along, but had been more in the camp of solving the problem with him by a sword. But she kept her murderous intent hidden from Exilis. She did have a feeling that such attitude were not regarded kindly by most.

Once they exited the room, back to the hallway, the rubble in their path further north were blocking their passage. It would be possible for them to clear away the rubble, but it would be hours of work to do. So in reality there were a few options for the two of them. Either they could try to clear out the path ahead for the rubble or they could try to investigate the door that Winter had mentioned had been shut by some growth.

Exilis shrugged. The idea of killing the man had not even crossed his mind. It would have been senseless to do so considering present circumstances, just as much as releasing him from his bindings would have been. Of course, he had no reason to voice these thoughts. Still, he carried on, eventually reaching the fork in the road. "Well," he mused aloud. "I'm not sure what the best course here is," he admitted. "For what it is worth, I've expended about half my resources, and can at least recharge my defensive magics once this is cleared... And maybe we can scour some kindling or other supplies from this mess... I'm hesitant to go forward with the blocked door until we know a bit more about what we're dealing with here... Or until it's our absolute last choice. But what do you think?"

"I have more or less expended all of my self-healing supplies. But otherwise I'm good." She said as they evaluated their resources. Looking at the debris that blocked their further advance, she said, "But this blockade both helps and hinders us. It serves as a decent protection against whatever is on the other side. And on top of that, it will be a lot of work getting it out of the way. We might have to get some assistance from the other survivors." She said.

"The blocked door on the other hand. Well, that sounds easier to deal with. A doorway can easier be defended and barricaded than this long hallway."

Tiana nodded and the two of them made their trek back towards the camp. After identifying themselves with the guards on duty they went to the curtain that covered the wall to the east. Winter had said that some sort of growth had blocked the door and once they removed the curtain they saw that her words didn't do justice to what was underneath.

A mass of stringy, yellow fungus stretched across the stone blocks. At its heart bulged and blinked a watery eye the size of a wagon wheel. The fungus growth had spread to the door and it had been stuck because of it.

"What in the hells is that..." Exilis exclaimed, unsure of how to react to the thing before him. He covered his mouth, though he wasn't sure if it was to protect himself or if it was to help him keep down the contents of his stomach. He looked to his companion, then back to the thing before him, trying to process the utterly alien sight before him.

[ 1d20+9 = 10 natural one1 ] Arcana [ 1d20+9 = 14 ] Religion

"By the gods." Tiana was just as stunned as Exilis. "I've never heard or seen anything like this." She said, "Not even in my worst nightmares." She unsheathed her sword and raised her shield.

Exilis, like Tiana had no idea what the strange thing on the wall was. A faint moaning sound could be heard from the strange and disturbing eyes.

Back
Top Bottom