Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Fx Female Adventure, Romance, and Sapphic Yearning!

Hello! Apparently my name on here is becoming Pearl, so feel free to call me that! I'm a fairly experienced writer with a passion for fantasy and a mild interest in high-fiction sci-fi. Per my intro thread, I'm mostly here to blend some of my romantic fantasies with my writing to make it less cynical, so a lot of my rp ideas for the time being are going to lean heavily into romantic themes/story elements. I want all of the gushy, feelings-y, wholesome stuff I can get! However, even in primarily romance-based stories, I need something a bit more than just love to drive a story forward, so a lot of these ideas will have either a main plot that focuses on exploring a character archetype or fantasy world with a romantic subplot added on, or they'll be a mainly romantic story with an important side plot that compliments/instigates the romance.

However, before getting to the stories, it seems customary to describe expectations and writing styles, so let's start with that! As far as play-by-post stuff is concerned, I typically write at least a paragraph per response unless I'm in a group setting, in which case I'll keep things shorter so I can give other players/partners time to write what they want to write. As far as more one-on-one rps are concerned, I think I might be able to add more detail and reach greater lengths, but I'll have to see! As far as narration goes, I tend towards a very close third person, with descriptions frequently mirroring my charaters' internal monologues at the very least, and quite often also reflecting the themes of the text. I can use pretty much any style of narration, though an objective point of view might not be super easy to do in an rp, but I am always open to new writing challenges!

What I tend to look for in an rp partner is generally someone with a good understanding of characterization and human connection. Seeing as I'm a roleplayer and not a high school English teacher, I'm no stickler for proper grammar as long as I can understand you. What matters more to me is being able to tell a compelling story and create a fully realized character.

So, now that we've covered that, let's hear about some rps, shall we?

As You Wish

Genre:
Low Fantasy
My Character: Countess Amelia Von Madara, heiress to the regional throne of Madara, talented duelist, and secret poet. She believes she is better than you, and in some respects she's probably right.
Your Character: Someone whose personality clashes with Amelia's somewhat but who also gives her the opportunity to open up and humanize herself a little more.
The Story: Something brings your character into Amelia's life, and she is not happy with it at first. Perhaps you run afoul of her while going about your business. Perhaps she caught you trying to steal from her and, in a fit of rage, has declared a duel. Whatever the reason, the two of you become stuck together somehow, and this enforced closeness has some unexpected side effects. Mainly Amelia unwilingly learning to shed her cold exterior and begrudgingly admit that yes, she is capable of being vulnerable and human sometimes.

The Thistle and the Rose

Genre: Magical Girl
My Character: Serena Miller, a shy, emotionally closed off magical girl who has become somewhat jaded and hopeless while fighting the monsters that plague her world.
Your Character: Someone who has recently gained powers and is looking at the world through brighter, fresher eyes. Someone with a bubblier, happier, and more hopeful personality to contrast Serena's closed off abrasiveness and hopelessness.
The Story: During a fight with some generically evil monster of darkness, Serena accidentally causes your character to manifest her latent abilities. Thus, the two of them have to team up so that your character doesn't get immediately crushed by monsters, villains, and other Saturday-Morning-Cartoon style baddies. Between fights and adventures, our characters start to grow closer as your character's brightness starts to slowly reunite Serena with her hope.

Wherefore Art Thou?

Genre: Low Fantasy
My Character: Marian Coria, a guard in House Coria, and one of the low-ranking members of the powerful family. Loyal to a fault, dedicated to the lady of her house, and deadly with her billhook.
Your Character: Somebody from the rival Jirian house. Yes, it is just Romeo and Juliet but gay.
The Story: I've already said all that needs to be said. Two households, each alike in dignity, star-crossed lovers, forbidden romance, all of those things. Though I would be open to some fantasy elements being added in, and perhaps a bigger underlying plot behind the scenes of the romeo and juliet style romance.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom