Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Wrath of the Righteous - Chapter One [NSFW] (ShadowPlay x Zazutobi)

Ebiko listened as Sull spoke, honestly she couldnt disagree with his statement about them being freaks in the eyes in uplanders. They were unique and hard to look at in some cases. Still she could tell like Sull they were good people who wanted to do right. "Of course, we could use all the help we can get most likely." Ebiko said offering a hand to the mongrel chieftain. She had no authority to guarantee it, but she could at least pass on the message and advocate for it if need be.

Sull gave them, what would have onstituted for a smile on his face. In reality it was more like some grade A nightmare material.

"Than you very much young lady." He said. "I will have some of my people show you the fastest path to the surfaces. But you all seem tired and weary. If you need to rest before going forth we can provide you with a place to lay your head."

He paused a few moments. "There is a little problem with the path to the surface. It is guarded by a tribe of traitors. Some of our people have lost their way and are consorting with cultists. It has not been something that have worried us earlier. But with the news you bring, it is most concerning." He looked from Ebiko to Saphira. "You seem like very capable people. I beg you to destroy those traitors as you make your way towards the surface. I will even give you a reward if you agree to do it."

The smile was downright disturbing but she tried to remember the sincerity behind it. "Thank you, we should rest up before we push on to the surface." she said. She had expended some spells and as he mentioned a tribe of traitors they would need to fight through. It seemed all the more apparent they should rest up before heading off. "We'll do what we can along the way." Ebiko said looking to Saphira to see if the tiefling supported the idea.

Saphira nodded. "We will help you however we can. And if it helps securing Kenabres we will do our part." She said, agreeing with Ebiko.

Sull, happy with their reponse, produced a small box and handed it to them. "Here you go. A small reward for helping us." The box contained eight potions of cure light wounds and four potions of lesser restoration. "Once we receive word that the crusaders above will accept the crusaders below, we will rise to the defense of Kenabres."

With that concluded, Ebiko and Saphira were shown to a small hut. The other survivors had already been shown their accommodations and were fast asleep. The hut was simple and had little more than a crude bed with a single blanket. The bed was luckily big enough for the both of them.

Ebiko handed off half the potions to Saphira and thanked Sull for the generous reward. With that she followed the guide to the small hut she and Saphira were to be accommodated with while the others were soon shown their own and quickly passing out for the "night" or as close as one could guess in the underground. The crude bed was a far cry from her usual luxurious accommodations. The scholar knew the value of a proper bed and was usually happy to pay such a price.

"Looks like we have one bed. Are you ok with us sleeping on it together? Cause to be honest I dont like the idea of either of us sleeping on the ground." she said. Especially since the floor was mostly cavern rock and not even soft earth.

Saphira accepted the potions. "Thank you Ebiko." She said. As they looked at the bed she became a little self aware. Being in combat and fighting was good. It made her forget that she was indeed different than everyone else. "I... eeehh. No I wouldn't mind sleeping with you. But..." If her skin had not been crimson already, Ebiko would see her Saphira blushing.

She sighed, "It's just that I'm not like other girls." She said, trying to force a smile. "I mean in the downstairs department. So I don't want you to freak out." She said.

Ebiko was already starting to remove her belt when she noticed Saphira's hesitation. The Kitsune looked over and chuckled saying "My my? Already so eager to sleep with me?" she teased the Tiefling's choice of words. But as she revealed her little bit extra, the Kitsune's eyes couldnt help but shoot down towards Saphira's lap before she coughed and pretended she hadnt looked.

"ITs alright, I dont mind it. Just uh, watch out for my tail if we're being honest about things. It tends to wag if I have a good dream." she said.

Saphira send a thank you to whatever daemon that caused her to have the crimson skin. Otherwise her face would be blushing like a bonfire. "I... I wasn't trying to sleep with you. I mean I was, but not in that way. I ... I ... I just don't want you to be surprised that I have a dick." She tried to explain. She was blundering along like a novice.

The tiefling was glad that Ebiko made a joke about it and she relaxed with a sigh. "My tail doesn't move that much. But I know all about having a tail that sometimes has a mind of its own." Saphira's tail was rather short, only just over two feet long.

Ebiko shook her head saying "Well we'll just have to make due with two tails, a cock, and a pussy in the bed tonight." Though once the joking sentence came out she realized how it sounded and was thankful her fur hid her blushing. "We have a big day tomorrow so lets just get some rest." she said eager to change the topic. Removing her backpack and belt, Ebiko was left in her scholarly robe that thankfully was loose and light enough to use as a nightgown since she wasnt keen in hoping into bed with the stranger in her underwear just yet.

Ebiko got into the bed and scooted as far as she could to one side letting her tail hang off the side leaving her facing the inside of the bed. It was going to be awkward but it was the best option she had in keeping her tail from messing with Saphira through the night.

The way that Ebiko said it, caused Saphira to burst out laughing. She had been so wound up in her own mistakes and fumbling around that the joke was a good relief to get some tension out. "Oh yes. I guess it's going to be interesting."

She laid down, but had a hard time deciding how she should lie. If she faced Ebiko, she knew that she'd at some point during the night would get a massive boner that no amount of clothing, safe for metal armor, could contain. That would be pretty awkward, poking her new furred friend with her hot red cock during the night. On the other hand, her tail was twice the length of her cock and couldn't be contained either. It would be pretty embarrassing to have her tail stuck between Ebiko's thighs when they awoke.

Saphira sighed as she finally laid down with her back to Ebiko. The kitsune had a tail as well and Saphira reasoned that it would be less kinky and more normal to have a tail fluttering around. "Sleep well my new friend." She said as she closed her eyes.

Each of the two characters get the following XP:

Avenia made Helpful: 100 xp
Aravashnial made friendly: 200 xp
Maggots: 200 xp
Cockroaches: 200 xp
Giant Fly: 200 xp
Preventing Avenia's attitude to deteriorate at the shirne: 100 xp
Defeating the Huecuva: 300 xp
Surviving the darkmantles: 400 xp
Rescuing the mongrelman and befriending Lann: 600 xp
Getting past the chasm: 100 xp
Finding the truth about the dead crusaders: 100 xp
Befriending Sull and securing an alliance: 300 xp

Total: 2,800 xp (each)
We are going with the medium XP track, so that's a level up ;)

When rolling for HP: Either roll and reroll 1s and 2s. Or take half the dice (5 HP for a d10)

Ebiko nodded saying "Desna give you good dreams." in reply before she closed her eyes. The day's events hit Ebiko like a ton of bricks and the kitsune was soon passed out. Exhaustion claimed what little strength she had left and was rewarded with a good dream. The Kitsune dreamed of her home a long time ago. A noble house with servants, but for all the wealth and power her family had there was strict rules and expectations. Things Ebiko had little need for, inheriting her people's innate curiosity and need to explore quite thoroughly. And the discovery of the mark on her body had sent her off to research it.

The dream switched to her travels on the road. Picking up books, listening to local folk tales, and each of them piled up. Bits and pieces that pointed her to the Worldwound, where hopefully she could find out more about herself. And her parents that had disappeared within its wastes when she was still little.

The next "morning" as far as one could tell underground. Ebiko woke up with a yawn sitting up in the bed and stretching her arms above her head. Thankful Desna had given her a good dream instead of a nightmare.

Part Two - Lair of the Vile and Vicious
18th of Arodus, 4724 AR

Having rested and prepared themselves for the trip towards the surface. Ebiko and Saphira gathered with the other survivors. Horgus was as gruff and unpleasant as ever. Avenia's leg still hurt, though she was able to move around and Aravashnia, though still lacking his eyesight, was very inquisitive of the mongrelmen, trying to pry facts about their lives and past out of them.

Avenia had gotten restocked on arrows, with a few extra to boot. So she'd be able to support Ebiko and Saphira better.

Lann was also there to act as a guide for them. He carried a handaxe and five javelins.

Chief Sull as well as Dyra and Crel were there to see them off. Crel were extra happy and thanked Ebiko and Saphira for their help saving his life. Chief Sull stood proud and saw them off. For him, the possibility of finally fulfilling his ancestor's dreams of fighting the forces of the abyss, had given him a final goal in the last years of his life. "Remember, those traitors are dangerous. They are in league with cultists and will try to kill you." He said as a final warning befor bidding them farewell.

Ebiko was glad to see the other survivors were doing well. Horgus was much the same though besides being rude he hadnt hindered them at all. Avenia was getting better and Ebiko had to ask Aravashnial to politely stop pestering the mongrelmen.

With Lann as a guide and AVenia stocked up on arrows, they were ready to go deal with this traitor tribe of Mongrels and get back to the surface. "We will, stay safe and be prepared just in case." Ebiko called back to Sull. He was hard to look at but she could tell, he was a person ready to spend his life for good. There were many crusaders like that on the surface, she only hoped they would see Sull and the others as comrades in arms when it was time.

From the small town of Neathholm, the tunnel led mostly in a southeast direction for about 25 minutes. The tunnel narrowed down at this point to a 5-foot-wide passageway, the walls carved with picks and chisels.

As they approached the 'traitors' area, they could see barricades made of heaped loose rocks and wooden boards bisect this cavern. Beyond the barricades, a wooden screen covered the lower half of a tunnel mouth. There seemed to be someone guarding the place. Two mongrelmen guards began sounding an alarm as soon as they saw the light of the torches. It seemed like they were alerting their friends behind the door.

Roll initiative

Ebiko followed behind Saphira as Lann led the way along the tunnel. But they soon heard some shoddily made barricades where an alarm went out. It must have been the converted Mongrels that Sull had warned them about. Ebiko kept her torch in one hand and readied the other to cast.

Ebiko Initiative:17+2=19

Lann were quick to react. He moved forward and threw a javelin at one of the guards. His javelin hit the guard and the man hissed.

Saphira moved forward as well. With her shield she tried to provide cover for her friends in the back. She tried to study her enemy, to gain some kind of advantage over them.

[ 1d20+6 = 22 ] Initiative Saphira
[ 1d20+7 = 16 ] Initiative Avenia
[ 1d20+1 = 18 ] Initiative guards
[ 1d20+3 = 22 ] Initiative Lann

Initiative Order:
  1. Ebiko, Lann, Saphira
  2. Guards
  3. Avenia

Lann: Move, throw javelin [ 1d20+5 = 22 ] Lann Javelin [ 1d6+3 = 4 ] Piercing Damage
Saphira: Move, Studied target.

Ebiko moved up closer to Lann than Saphira and with a gesture and whispered word cast a jolt towards the injured guard.

Jolt Attack Roll:17+4=21
Jolt Damage Roll:4

Ebiko's magic hit the guard hard, he was staggered by the combined damage from the mongrelman's javelin and the kitsune's spell. But he kept on his feet and approached Saphira, trying to take her out. Likewise the other mongrelman guard moved up to the tiefling and tried to hit her. Luckily neither of the mongrelmen hit her with their clubs.

Avenia fired an arrow at the wounded mongrelman. Avenia's arrow felled the enemy, leaving the screaming guard screaming in anger.

Saphira moved her focus to the last guard. Then she tried to stab him with her shortsword. She misses him as Lann moves up pulling out his axe. Lann attacks his evil kinsman but he also misses his target.

[ 1d20+4 = 13 ] Mongrelman club vs. Saphira [ 1d6+2 = 6 ] damage
[ 1d20+4 = 18 ] Mongrelman club vs. Saphira [ 1d6+2 = 6 ] damage
[ 1d20+2 = 14 ] Avenia bow vs. guard [ 1d6+1 = 6 ] damage

[ 1d20+7 = 9 ] Saphira vs. guard [ 1d6+3 = 8 ] Damage
[ 1d20+4 = 11 ] Lann attack vs mongrelman [ 1d8+2 = 10 ] Damage

Ebiko not wanting to consume her spells with what she saw as frontline cannon fodder. Drew her rapier and tried to move past Saphira to flank the remaining mongrel and make it easier for Lann to get his next hit in.

Ebiko, drawing her rapier, moved in to help Lann flank the remaining guard. The mongrelman swung his club at Saphira but his hit was blocked by Saphira's shield.

Avenia fired an arrow. But firing into a melee without hitting your friends were hard and she missed.

Lann moved to flank the remaining guard and swung his axe. His axe connected with the guard, causing him to scream and curse. The loud sound of combat was sure to summon more enemies if they were in range.

Saphira's shortsword found an opening in the guard's defenses and she pierced his abdomen, causing him to fall to the ground screaming as he tried to hold his life's blood inside his body.

There were a silence for a few moments. If reinforcements were on the way, it seemed like the party had a little time to prepare.

[SPOILER="OOC"
[ 1d20+2 = 11 ] Avenia bow vs. guard [ 1d6+1 = 4 ] damage
[ 1d20+4 = 14 ] Mongrelman club vs. Saphira [ 1d6+2 = 8 ] damage
[ 1d20+6 = 14 ] Lann flanking the gurad [ 1d8+2 = 8 ] damage
[ 1d20+7 = 13 ] Saphira vs guard [ 1d6+3 = 4 ] damage

][/SPOILER]

The group took down the two mongrel guards but certainly not quietly. They certainly would have reinforcements coming soon. Ebiko looked at the group saying "Lets ambush the reinforcements. Ill open up first with a spell." Seeing what the others thought of the plan. After all, the reinforcements only had one entrance to get to them. And a blazing cone of fire from her hands would certainly leave them weakened enough for the others to finish off in surprise.

Nodding, Saphira said something in the demonic tongue. She was an oracle and was cursed with the curse of tongues. She could not speak normally when in combat like right now. The only words she could utter were in that dark language. But it seemed like she tried to hide to the right of the entrance.

Lann, a little disturbed by the foul syllables from Saphira took to hide to the left of the entrance. Both of them left good space for an eventual spell from Ebiko.

Avenia took up the position behind the barricade, her bow ready.

Only a few moments later they were joined by two mongrelmen guards that burst through the door to the east.

[ 1d20+9 = 17 ] Saphira Stealth, [ 1d20+9 = 11 ] Avenia Stealth, [ 1d20+8 = 10 ] Lann Stealth

As soon as the two mongrelmen guards burst through the door, Ebiko wheeled towards them with her prepared action. Fingers in her gesture and words in her throat, a wave of disorientating color erupted from her hands towards the pair to catch them by surprise.

Will Save:

2 HD or less: The creature is unconscious, blinded, and stunned for 2d4 rounds, then blinded and stunned for 1d4 rounds, and then stunned for 1 round. (Only living creatures are knocked unconscious.)

3 or 4 HD: The creature is blinded and stunned for 1d4 rounds, then stunned for 1 round.

The colorful lights and the confusion it created in both guards, caused both of the mongrelmen fell unconscious to the ground. It didn't sound like more guards were coming right at this moment.

None of the three combatants that had been poised to attack, felt compelled to attack the unconscious guards. Instead, Saphira pulled out her rope and tied them up. They wouldn't be a problem in the foreseeable future. The red tiefling turned to her companion. "That was good work Ebiko. Clean and effective." She applauded.

[ 1d20+4 = 8 ] Save vs. Color spray
[ 1d20+4 = 11 ] Save vs. Color spray

Ebiko regarded the two defeated mongrelmen but it seemed the others were in agreement ot to kill them. "Well, honestly that went far better than I expected." she said reaching up to scratch her head. "Well...guess that Kitsune blood is in there somewhere." Ebiko then said proudly folding her arms under her breasts and taking a victory pose. A short lived one as she looked where the two had come from. "Lets keep going."

Back
Top Bottom