Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Camp Half-Blood ((Freckles&East))

freckled_beauty

Queen HunyBee
Welcome To Camp Half Blood!

The Shores of this realm have housed the demi god children of the Greek Gods for many centuries. Though as many know the Greeks are not the only gods to rule nor are they the only ones to have children. Though in recent times the monsters and greater forces have been going after all Demi-Gods. This has brought new cabins and new faces to the shores of Camp Half-blood.

High in the treetops sat a cabin. It was 2 stories and connected to others with a series of rope bridges and to get to the ground one could use a multitude of ways be it a simple rope or ladder. A young girl with golden eyes that seemed to almost glow as the sun hit them and two-toned hair looked up into the trees craning her neck. She sighed deeply and walked over to a ladder. To her knowledge she was the only of her father's children at this camp. She had lived peacefully in the human world up until a week ago. In truth she was so surprised at how she ended up in the camp she was still spinning about it all.

Dela Ajobe aged 17 was the daughter of Julian Ajobe and the god of wisdom stories and a trickster, better known as, Anansi. His origins like may of the gods from the west African countires are as clear as mud. But what importance is origin when existence and being worshiped is more important to any given god. Anansi certainly did not care for his origin all he cared for was his existence and that of his children and those who worshiped him. That is really all any god should care about if you asked him. The African gods were unique in that when their people were taken from their homeland and forced to tend to foreign ones their gods did not leave them. They stuck by their people and cared for them, they changed and transformed along side their people, and often bided their time waiting for the perfect moment to shake things up. He had shown himself to his child only a few times in her short existence, all of which she could count on one hand. The most recent being a week ago just before the event that brought her to the shores of Camp Half-Blood.

Dela wrapped her hand firmly around the rope and as went to climb up the rope broke and down she went laying flat on her back to look up at the tree house. She took a deep breath and closed her eyes to try and not cry. "Freaking bastard" She screamed out and placed her hands over her eyes as she began to cry. "You kill my mother! You send me to this hell hole in the woods, and now I can't even get into what is said to be my home! CUT ME A BREAK FATHER! I'm begging you"

"Get out."

It was that 'wonderful' time of year again, where the hunters of Artemis came to camp. Which meant it was time to vacate the premises of his own home and cabin. The bag containing the majority of his important items was tossed so carelessly at him that he almost didn't catch them. Any item not in the bag would probably get broken or stolen over the next few days, because even among half bloods Alexander aged 16 was a strange case.

His godly parent was Artemis, goddess of the moon, hunt, oh and Maidenhood. If you knew one thing about her it was that she hated men. But she didn't hate children, or at least that was what other campers had told him. So not opposed to the idea of children, and with mortals having invented methods of Intrauterine insemination his mother had gotten it in her head to try to have a family of her own. Which tempted the fates, and much to her horror she had given birth to a demigod son.

From there the story went that Artemis had ditched the boy on the doors of camp of half-blood, she couldn't abandon him in the woods to die because another male hero of legends had demanded that every greek god claim their child by the age of 13. Alexander had met his mother twice, the day he was abandoned, and the day he was told who she was on his thirteenth birthday, for 10 minutes.

The sole resident of cabin 8 for the majority of the year, he had to vacate whenever his mothers adopted children the huntresses came to visit. While they could have been his family, his 'sisters' were suspicious of men and so for the last three years whenever they came to visit, he was kicked out of his cabin and forced to camp in the woods around camp for about a week or two before they left. It wasn't so bad, a child of artemis and a camper his entire life he was not uncomfortable under the stars, and he had plenty of friends in camp, but it was never a happy time of year for him. As he walked with just his bag trying to find a tree he could set up his temporary home under he spotted the young girl cursing a god, looking up at a cabin she apparently couldn't get too. New cabins have been popping up all the time as of late but this one was actually kind of cute, a tree house? creative, and the ropes looked fun.

He walked up and looked down at the young woman, wide red eyes under pale white hair blinking at her for a moment. "That's not gonna work." He said softly. "You can curse them all you want, but the gods don't listen."

"Mmm..." He looked at the tree. "Some climbing spikes would make it a bit easier, pin the boards to the tree give you more stable footing. Way easier than trying to climb a free swinging rope bridge. The Hephaestus cabin probably has some tools for it."

She wiped her eyes and found herself peering into the face of a boy with red eyes and white hair. She wondered if his hair was naturally that color or if he dyed it to be that color, but his eyes. Something about them bothered her. He didn't seem unfriendly but what an unnatural color for one's eyes to be. She cut her eyes and sat up sighing deeply.

"I'd be more surprised if he had something helpful to say. He speaks in riddles and seems hell bent on making my life more miserable than it already is." She said digging her fingers into the soft dirt. She stood up and glanced at the tree house once again and then back to the boy. She observed him for the first time. He was carrying a backpack and it seemed full.

"Are you leaving? Your backpack looks a bit heavy for a quick stroll" She observed and then turned to look over her shoulder at the multitude of cabinets and then back to him. "If you're not in a big rush could you show me where to get the stuff you mentioned" She asked shoving her hands into her pockets.

"At least yours talks to you. Riddles or no mine has only ever spoken two sentences to me. I am your mother, and I don't want you." It wasn't a riddle, it was as direct as it came an arrow through the center of his chest. Alexander said with a small chuckle she was hardly the first half-blood to say such things, but he got the feeling that her godly parent was a bit more quirky than others. Still he smiled at her despite the troubles she was having.

She asked if he was leaving and he shook his head. "Nope, my 'sisters' are visiting for a while, so I have to leave my cabin and camp outside. Men aren't allowed around the huntresses. Even if they have nowhere else to go." The way he said 'sisters' it was very clear there was no love lost between him and the huntresses of Artemis. Looking at the cabin in the tree he paused for a moment there was a way to kill two birds with one stone here.

"I'll make you a deal, I'll help you get into your cabin, but in return you give me a place to stay while they kick me out of my cabin." He smiled at her again, his face just a bit too pale, It was like looking at a vampire or someone with albinism, he looked like he would burn under the direct contact of the sun. One of the traits he could probably thank his mother for the sunlight wasn't deadly to him, but he did have to use sunscreen even on a cloudy day, it kind of sucked, and it caused him to have a smell like over ripe coconut.

Dela raised a brow looking him over. She then glanced back up at the treehouse and beyond him to the camp. She certainly couldn't find the cabin on her own. Just the few short hours she had been there she could count on one hand how many friendly faces she had seen. Despite his slightly unsettling look he seemed genuine in his words. The house was certainly big enough for 2 to share it.

She rose to her feet and dusted her hands off. "Very well. Your sisters sound awful and it would be nice having a friend here so you are welcome to stay if you can help me get up there. Supposedly all of what I need is up there and I need to be certain of some items so the sooner we get in the better" She quickly turned on her heels and began walking towards the interior of the camp. She stopped after a few feet and waited for him to catch up.

"My name is Dela Ajobe. Daughter of Anansi the god of...."Her voice trailed off and wondered if she should mention what all he was known for "well he's a god of a few things" She said and clicked her tongue then offered a friendly smile. "Who is your parent?" She asked

"Oh they are the worst, there will be a game of capture the flag in the courtyard tomorrow them versus the entire camp... They will likely win again... like they do every year..." There was a moment of pain as he kicked a rock down the road as they walked. Still he had a new friend which was good enough for him in the moment. He smiled at her as they walked and stopped into the supply side of the cabin.

When she said the name of her godly parent he paused for a moment searching his mind to see if he knew anything about them. He shrugged not knowing the name, but decided to let her know at least one detail of being a half blood. "Most people won't say their godly parents name, it's a bit of a taboo. Using their name draws their attention to us, which can lead to a lot of problems."

"As for mine, I am the only son of Artemis goddess of the moon, and being a giant cunt." He stuck his middle finger up towards the sky as if challenging his mother to prove him wrong or right, he didn't really care either way, he knew nothing would come of it. "My sisters, aren't even her children the huntresses are orphans she adopts. I call them my sisters because it's easier but the truth is they want absolutely nothing to do with me."

He picked up a few of the things he would need, some climbing spikes, and nails a hammer. "Sorry I'm kind of throwing all my emotional baggage around the place. But you have my curiosity, what exactly is your godly parent known for? I'm not familiar with their name at all, but new half-bloods have been showing up all over the place the camp is expanding faster and faster these days."

"Oh? So there are unspoken rules to this place. It would be best if you help me understand then. I don't wish to upset anyone. I just want to lay low and live my life until I can go back to the real world." She looked down at her feet "Not that there is much left for me out there" She said softly and followed behind him as he went about the cabin grabbing what he believed would be best in aiding them to get to the treehouse. Dela listened in silence as he spoke about his mother and siblings. She thought back to her history classes and could recall a goddess of that name from Greek Myth.

"I would be more surprised if you did know him." She glanced away and looked about the cabin. "He is a God of Wisdom, Stories, and Mischief. He is an African God, most have been forgotten, but some have stuck around, perhaps out of spite to stubborn to die" She shrugged.

"Umm since you've decided to trauma dump, and you'll be living with me I think you should tell me your name. I mean I did properly introduce myself. Now it's your turn." She insisted. She helped with carrying some of what he had gathered and before she knew it they were heading back to the tree.

"More than there need to be honestly." Things like scraping a portion of your food into a fire as an offering for the gods and other such things were all set in stone traditions and annoying. He heard her say that there wasn't much left for her outside, and he shrugged, he had never been outside the camp so he had no idea what the world was even like beyond these grounds. It wasn't for lack of wanting though, but camp life wasn't all bad. "Camp isn't all bad, I've been here eleven years now. There is always something to do at least, and plenty of friendly people around."

He blushed a little when she mentioned the fact that he never actually gave his name. His blush brought out his more pale features. "Oh... right, sorry. A lot of the other campers will tell you I have a bit of a dog brain. I forget things when I'm excited." He seemed a bit bashful at the comment. "My name is Alexander don't have a mortal parent so I didn't get a last name." He shrugged slightly, it was awkward introducing himself the fact that he lacked half a name or apparently the manners to deal with introducing himself was a little awkward.

He took a few of the climbing spikes, and got to work, taking the rope bridge and pinning it to the tree to make it more stable. Climbing up the tree slowly taking his time to try and make a less difficult path for her to climb up afterward. "God of wisdom and mischief? Isn't that a bit of an oxymoron? Like in most stories from Greek Mythology you have Hermes who is our local shit disturber, and then you have Athena the woman who follows him around and tries to correct all the things he breaks like an older sibling. I didn't think you could have a good of both. What does wise trickery even look like?"

“Is it? If you’re the smartest person in the room wouldn’t you delight in making others realize that they are not your intellectual match?” She began and started to climb the planks he had so kindly nailed into place for her. They were sturdy and would last a long time. She slowly climbed up behind him and finally they made it into the tree house. Its impressive size outside did not match the inside. It did have everything she would need but it was less an apartment and more kin to the floor plan of a studio loft.

“Mostly riddles with the most simple answers, but not always.” She said to answer his question. “At least that’s what I believe it is. I only meet him for the first time 2 weeks ago.” Dela walked around the massive space. In the center was her bed a king with plenty of space for 2. Then around the outer circle was everything else. A simple kitchen, a study space, a bathroom , and small empty area. She wondered why it was empty it looked like something was supposed to go there.

“So Alexander, can I call you Alex for short?” She said and walked over to a large chest and opened it out flutterd honey bees and on top sat a massive bouquet of flowers. Attached was a note that read Congratulations daughter, Make friends and soon I’ll be in touch”-Father
Dela sneered and tossed the bouquet out an open window hoping they would land in a fire pit. She cursed under her breath and rummaged through the rest of the trunk.
“It’s not here” she huffed and flopped onto the bed staring up at the ceiling.

“Lying bastard” she huffed

"Delighting in making others feel dumber than you just sounds like an asshole move." Then again this was a god, he had yet to meet any of the gods who weren't complete pricks so it definitely checked out. He laughed a little at her line about riddles with simple answers. "Or making a cabin that functions as a jungle gym."

"Yeah Alex is fine, Dela" He wasn't too attached to his name to begin with. Alexander walked around the space of the cabin. If he was honest this entire cabin was nicer than the one he lived in most of the year. It had a fridge and a kitchen area which meant that she wouldn't even need to go to the pavilion if she didn't want too. The bed actually made him a bit more jealous. A king sized bed with actual sheets, and blankets. The Artemis cabin had fold out cots... the kind you would find in camping stores. It was the only bed in the room, but the floor was a nice surface, and he had a sleeping bag.

He didn't anticipate being invited into Dela's bed even if there was enough room for two people, that wasn't a question you ask someone you just met, so he set himself up, his bag, made a fine pillow, and he could set up his sleeping bag on the floor against the wall giving them both some privacy.

Alexander watched her open a box, get mad, and throw flowers out of the box into the wild, there was a bit of confusion in his face as she said that something wasn't here. All gods lie, that was pretty much the first unspoken rule of dealing with them. Alex moved to sit next to Dela. "So what are you looking for?"

As he looked up at the ceiling with her there was one question on his mind.

"Didn't this place have a second story to it?" Alexander hadn't seen any staircase inside the house... maybe there was a window to a second floor, considering you had to climb a tree to get to this cabin, climbing outside to get to a second floor kind of made sense to him.

Back
Top Bottom