Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Open RP character profiles for NPCs?

Caramel Cooper

Sweet Dreams
Hello! Does every NPC/background character that partakes in a sex scene in an Open RP also need a character profile with name and age listed in it? I'm not familiar with how others have handled this in the past. Consider a scene with a dozen unnamed NPCs that likely won't see another appearance in the RP afterwards. The CYOA story I'm writing in the Open RP forum will likely have multiple such scenes and I'm wondering how much effort I'll need to put into tracking names and ages of background characters in the story (who will all be 18+).

If you are referring to RULE #3, I believe that is referring to Player Character profiles (not NPCs). And it's just meant to have a concrete reference to everyone's character, keep track of what player goes to what character, and also to make sure that the characters are complying to site rules regarding character age.

It would be kind of ridiculous to expect every throwaway NPC to have their own profile. If you just keep the overall rules of the site in mind when creating these drone NPCs in the narrative, you should be fine. And if you feel "iffy" about a potential situation pushing the envelope too far, PM one of the staff and ask before you post. I've done so myself, when I'm unsure if my content is too close to the line or not.

Not every character in a story needs to have their own profile, no. So long as they conform to the site rules when it comes to adult-oriented activity, you can give them as much or as little detail as the story requires.

I'm happy to be corrected by staff on this, but that's how I'd generally approach the presence of NPCs in any story I write.

Back
Top Bottom