Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Fangs in the Dark (ZoneyGirl x sinfulfoxxi99)

ZoneyGirl

Genderless Blob
Abigail Knight was nervous. It was her first day of work, secretary for the owner of one of the largest medical companies in the world. Leading the world in medical technologies that would change how everything is done. From robotics to use in surgery and the hopes to remove 'human' error. To the new line of synthetic bloods that remove the worry of diseased blood, blood shortages, religious reasons, and others so everyone could receive blood. Most of the technology was used in aligned hospitals and medical schools, with the military having some access to them to use on the ground. Or in humanitarian aid. The owner was well received and respected. Many sought the position she had. Both in the medical field and outside of it. Yet here she was, someone just putting in applications out of the pure need of a job. Woefully underqualified, at least that is how she would put herself. It only made her more nervous.

She was dressed simple. A pair of dark slacks and a green blouse the complimented her eyes well. Long, dark hair pulled into a neat bun with a decorative hair pin. Professional, but nothing to garner much attention to herself. She didn't want to do that. All she had to do was look good for her new boss. She had met the man briefly when his previous secretary hired her before the woman left to settle with her new life. New marriage and planning on having children, which led to Abigail being hired. Someone young with nothing to distracted her from an important job. Someone who would be ready to be on call for late nights and long weekends when it came to work.

She spent two days shadowing the woman, Erin. Shown around the office and told of the various tasks that would be asked for her. The only person Abigail would truly answer to was her boss. Already told don't let the other workers push her around and try to shove their work onto her shoulders. It wasn't her worry and she would have enough on her plate already.

Abigail arrived early, just before seven am. Getting a pot of coffee brewing and collecting mail. Leaving a small stack on Ben's desk along with a fresh cup of coffee on his desk. Moving to the desk set just outside the office. Looking over the tasks she was to do today. Set up several meetings, ensure the lunch meeting at one was still going as planned. Other minor things that Erin had showed her how to do. While she didn't spend much time shadowing, Abigail was smart enough to to figure everything out. It wasn't the most complicated job, it was just one that would have her thinking on her feet a lot. Doing tasks that came at her as they were told to her. Or giving an excuse of why Ben wouldn't be seeing someone even when no meetings were lined up.

A fresh cup of coffee next to her, she opened up the computer and checked over the email Erin had set her for the first day of work. A list of tasks to be done, little notes of how to keep her boss happy, and other tricks to make sure she made a good impression when it came to formerly meeting the man. She had been briefly introduced shortly after hiring, but Ben was a busy man and it was little more than a handshake and exchanging her name with him. Though she would admit her boss was a handsome man and she had to quiet thoughts before they ran away with themselves.

Seeing the man arrive, Abigail stood and smiled towards him. "Good morning. I'm Abigail, we met a couple days ago. I'm Erin's replacement and I do hope I do a good job. Just going to do my best not to screw everything up on my first day," She was clearly nervous. Her voice shook a bit, hands sweaty, and her heart was racing slightly. She did her best to hide it. At least she thought she was doing a good job. Clearing her throat, Abigail looked towards his office. "You have a few pieces of mail and fresh coffee. If you need anything for breakfast I'm more than happy to go out and get something as well."

Back
Top Bottom