Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Princely Iron - Warhammer 40.000 - Recruitment/OOC

Nihilistic_Impact

Brigadista
Supporter
It is the 41st millennium. For more then a hundred centuries the Emperor has sat immobile on the Golden Throne of Earth. He is the master of mankind by the will of the gods, and master of a million worlds by the might of his inexhaustible armies. He is a rotting carcass writhing invisibly with power from the Dark Age of Technology. He is the Carrion Lord of the Imperium for whom a thousand souls are sacrificed every day, so that he may never truly die.

Yet even in his deathless state, the Emperor continues his eternal vigilance. Mighty battle fleets cross the daemon-infested miasma of the warp, the only route between distant stars, their way lit by the Astronomican, the psychic manifestation of the Emperor's will. Vast armies give battle in His name on uncounted worlds. Greatest amongst his soldiers are the Adeptus Astartes, the Space Marines, bio-engineered super-warriors. Their comrades in arms are legion: the Imperial Guard and countless planetary defence forces, the ever-vigilant Inquisition and the tech-priests of the Adeptus Mechanicus to name only a few. But for all their multitudes, they are barely enough to hold off the ever-present threat from aliens, heretics, mutants - and worse.

To be a man in such times is to be one amongst untold billions. It is to live in the cruellest and most bloody regime imaginable. These are the tales of those times. Forget the power of technology and science, for so much has been forgotten, never to be re-learned. Forget the promise of progress and understanding, for in the grim dark future there is only war. There is no peace amongst the stars, only an eternity of carnage and slaughter, and the laughter of thirsting gods.

=][=

War should be the only study of a prince. He should consider peace only as a breathing-time, which gives him leisure to contrive, and furnishes as ability to execute, military plans.
- Niccolo Machiavelli

Within the Dominion of Storms and the Ultima Sigmentum there stands a large globular cluster of stars, numbering in the millions, home to many trillions of individuals that have lived their lives in service to the God Emperor. This section of space has been designated the Bacchantes Sector. It is an area of relative peace, though plagued with frequent warp storms, and has not seen the horrors of war since the Age of Apostasy. The only threat being cyclic raiding of Ork fleets, all which are greeted with pleasure and destruction, an act which has become a right of passage for the servants of the Holy Throne on Terra.

But something looms, fates darken and only those looking for it can actually perceive the growing threat.

=][=

"But Iron -- Cold Iron -- is master of them all."

This here thread is a recruitment thread, and potential OOC, for individuals that are interested in doing a 40k rp based heavily upon intricate plots and gratuitous violence. All characters can take inspiration from the source books of Rogue Trader and Dark Heresy. Like Kill Team players can posses retinues of characters to serve a primary in their quest to fulfil their duty. This is primarily to be an Imperium based rp, I will not allow individuals to rp any Xeno, Chaos or even Astartes. Now if someone would like a character to fall to chaos, and I would dearly love such events to happen, then something can be worked out.

Now like 40k I draw inspiration from ancient cultures, thus for names of places, NPCs, groups, titles and objects I will be making use of Latin and Greek.

So who else is interested? I'm only looking for a handful of people.

Hmm... That makes me think of a Second in a dueling situation more than a second in command.

I would be interested, the plot seems nice and foreboding.

I may need major help with the planning of this one...character wise as well. I'm going to go do my research like a good little girl! I love my boys to pieces and can't wait to RP with you two. <3

It's good for those that know a bit to start with, so you can start looking things up as you have questions or thoughts.

Or me for that matter, though I don't know the specifics of what N_I's cooked up setting wise I do know the generalities.

I'm not even sure on the specifics. Well except on where I'm stealing all my names from and what I have planned long term as a metaplot.

Bare bones character profile:

Name:
Description:
Personality:
Abilities:
Equipment:
History:
Theme Song:

I am still not certain what I'll run. Still depends what, if anything you decide to use.

I'm guessing yours will possibly have "INQUISTION BITCH! GIVE ME YOUR STUFF AND DIE!" kick in the door moments? Or at least have such moments possible without some serious drawback, unlike what was going to happen in mine if people did that.

In fact that's why the Chaplain was after them in the beginning. Someone's character from St. Ivans had been going all "WHOO! I'm Inquisition, bitches!" in his history segment.

Heh. I prefer a more investigative and subtle approach; but sometimes making things go ka-boom is the right tool.

Yeah, amazing how many people told me the Inquistion just goes around kicking in doors and delivering bolts to the face indiscriminately, and that's how they work. Then I read that book and the inquisitor only ever used a frontal assault about... once? I mean otherwise it was more about sneaking about, cutting off the snake's head and letting the other, blunter forces take care of the body.

I got four characters to make, so it's taking me a fucklong time to figure out what to do with all of em.

I'm re-working things. Going to be utilising the Calixis Sector from Dark Heresy.

May keep the retinue idea; but in general I'm going to want people working together.

I might be interested, although I'm not sure if my availability will be around once it starts. Otherwise, I'd gladly play out a PDF Sargent or something of that sort.

Well Arc and myself are working on some different paths the story could take.

To get an idea of what I have to work with I would like people interested to throw up what type of character/role they want to do. This isn't just what the character does; but also a brief, sentence or two, description of the characters standard behaviour.

Bare bones character profile:

Name:
Description:
Personality:
Abilities:
Equipment:
History:
Theme Song:

I love Rogue Trader and I'm an active player, so I have a few questions. Are we in fact going to be on a Rogue Trader ships financed by one of the might houses or are we Imperial Regulars? I like imperial guard and marines, but there are plenty of things for a skilled trader. What exactly will we be doing? Fighting and Trading or is this strictly a military campaign.

Now the 40K universe is very rich, but how much Anime is in it? Are we running this as an Anime 40K adventure? I know I've asked a lot of questions, but this sounds like it could be a lot of fun.

Back
Top Bottom