Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Abomination Vaults - Pathfinder 2e - OOC

I've figured out how to make my character public. Still need to sit down and purchase some equipment.

Sometimes things need some time, it happens... that is life, in my opinion.

I send out a PM to everyone who has put a character in the proper thread.
Meanwhile I have some few ideas nailed down in my head on how to handle a few things ... still wrestling with the actual battle of course. I mean, I experienced fights in the adventure so far which did end within a round or 2... most actually... but that is at a virtual or real table with live interaction between all people. In theory, to follow perfect protocol, each player would need up to 3 posts just to cover their actions, waiting after each for my answer. And everyone should be able to actually use their battle skills during combat. Any sexy/adult twist/idea on an action is allowed of course. Creatures might not fit my limitation with genders but I am sure you will see why. Evil creatures out for the kill... undead... stuff like that. I am looking into monster-girls though.

Non-combat posts will include the description of the location and a screenshot of the room along with every creature anyone is aware off. Sometimes there will be additional pictures for some locations.
In addition, I tend to use a character-list on the right side of a post. That should help keeping track of major things without everyone having to search through posts. Right now I am thinking about including some base stats for possible enemies... their AC and simplified HP, maybe even pre-rolled saves. The HP would be actual Hit-Points... you hit, 1 point is gone. That way the player who has their turn could make their full round. And yes, just coming up with this while typing ^^

Inside the Spoiler is a Screenshot of the first scene when the group enters the main place of the whole thing.
I want to give the group the chance to make adjustments... I did put Priam and Mazan directly in the front since both are the most melee-fighting types but maybe you guys want to be somewhere else.
Starting-Position.jpg

Equipment of most is not decided on either and especially Sabrina might want to think about the recipes she knows and has prepared.
Due to 6 characters, fights should hopefully be on the easier side and when possible I will try to use "Monster Encyclopedia"-Entries for the looks of monsters, or similar things. This will not likely fit with everything but should make some monsters/possible enemies more interesting to engage with.

Is that foundry you are using?
it is indeed ^^ I added all the characters so I can move the tokens around for screenshots and use the vision of the group to hide everything you guys will not see. Like hidden doors and creatures. I'll use it for whatever the opposing side is doing as well, rolling their dice. I will not roll any dice of the group unless it is a rare hidden roll like with one of the characters being able to disbelieve illusions just by being near to them. Unless, someone wants me to roll.

Sadly using this foundry for all of us is not an option... it is hosted on my private computer... not on a server.

Essentially, wherever you want.
The easiest might be the character-page. I tested it on yours ^^

In the upper left is a triangle which opens some tools, among it the Dice Roller.
On the lower right of this sidebar is a toggle (which seems to have only an on-function...sorry!) which activates buttons on spells and weapons and so on. Hitting those puts a roll into the dice roller.
I do not need any numbers other than damage. I trust my players and DM's.

Went shopping and I think I'm pretty much ready to go.

Will we get some exposition for this swampy dungeon we stand before and these strangers we are travelling with?

I think you should keep combat close to the rules. What I think can help is dropping individual initiative and just let us post in whatever order when it is our turn.

You could post things like hp, ac and save mods. And we could each resolve our turns without much dm interaction.

Yes, there will be texts for any new room and place you guys enter.
Right now I am working on a bit of an intro how and why each of you is on this as well.
If any of you want to give me some additional information about the character, I take it.

I am not sure about dropping individual initiative. My experience with it is... not optimal. The side who is first is likely to steamroll the other.
The other was already on my mind, twisting the HP a bit, removing the need to track each point of HP.

Rolled Damage​

Modified Damage​
1-51
6-102
11-153
Right now my idea looks like this, just examples:
By the rules the enemy has 38 HP. I would list it with 8 HP.
You guys will roll as normal, including damage. Depending on the amount of damage a number of those modified hitpoints are subtracted.

I guess the idea is pretty clear. It eliminates the frustration of enemies with 1 HP left and increases the importance of at least hitting.

I'm for everything that makes a group RP go smoother. However, PF2 is the most balanced d20 game I've seen in all the decades I've RP'ed. And changing one thing will most likely do something about that balance. Like you said, the group initiative can make the difference between a cakewalk and a TPK.

My $0.05 about the modified damage idea: Your damage idea does skewer the balance of low damage effects like persistent damage or the splash damage from bombs. All of a sudden a 1 persistent damage will be massive. A way to mitigate that would be to take the total damage per round and then calculate it using your formula, but that would just complicate things further.

Working on the 2 left threads... the actual IC-thread and then the obligatory Rules-thread, which should not be overly important for the first things to happen.

I want to include some basic description for the characters as well thus I checked the char-thread again. Mazan has some basics in her sheet, Saela though is a complete blank, other than being a halfling.

@ShadowPlay I am still considering your 5 cents. Your concern is valid of course, especially since we have an alchemist among the characters. I still try to find a solution for that. One solution at least for bomber-splash-damage could be enforcing a certain feat that adds some extra damage in exchange for no splash. We will likely have no perfect solution and I would accept some imbalance in the fighting (which is likely to happen anyway with that many characters) over unnecessary slow or boring phases. Splash damage comes from a depleting resource as well... space to stand for both sides of a conflict as well though. Maybe splash could simply not affect all 8 fields but only 1.

Back
Top Bottom