Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Pathfinder 2e - Abomination Vaults as an Adult Version?

Hello everyone!

To start things off, this is an idea running through my mind for some days now but I will make no promises even if this takes off perfectly. I have never done something like this, running any adventure (pre-written or not) in a forum or even any kind of chat. Thus, even if it starts, there will be obstacles. If this is not stopping you, please read on.

We have now 6 people/characters... this will be enough to so I will not accept anyone else for the moment. Since characters might leave for some reason or another, I'll stop no one from adding characters into the character-thread but it could be weeks, months or more until there is need for someone to fill the ranks.

If you really are still with me, let me try to get everything running through my head somehow into this thread.

The System/Rules
Obviously Pathfinder 2e ... I am unaware of any 3rd-party things for a more ... adult feeling to things. I like the system and it is the one I am most familiar with right now but running it rules as written will obviously will be, let's call it, slow. How to handle them will be one of the major obstacles.
If you do not own any of the rules or not all of them, no worries. While it is not as well suited as a book or PDF to work through the rules step by step, they are still completely available online. And that officially supported. The system receives right now an update, happening in steps, called a "Remaster". There is no real issue to jump on the newer set of rules as they are mostly rewordings of things that are existing. The worst that will happen with both sets of rules will be confusion when something is said that was receiving such an update or one of the balance changes I am still not accustomed to.
The Archives of Nethys are THE go-to-source for all the rules. Behind the scenes they are working on updates regarding the above mentioned Remaster. The rules are free by design but if you like the system, it helps to actually buy books/pdf's

The Adventure
"Abomination Vaults" is mostly a dungeon, covering the character levels 1-10 maybe 11. It is a Paizo-adventure and thus comes with body horror, undead, ugly monsters, psychological stuff ... you name it. This will be another obstacle since I want a definitely more sexy thing going on. And a stinky mass of mouths and eyes or undeads simply not scream that kind of adult fun to most people, myself included. There is a village close by filled with normal humanoids so maybe most of this could be limited to there. Not counting what happens between characters of course.
What the Player's Guide not mentions but likely implies is, that classes who rely on a long distance might find themselves at a disadvantage.

Characters, NPC's and the World
Speaking of characters... PF2e offers a lot of ancestries to pick from. There definitely would be a limitation to humanoid ancestries of small and medium sizes. I know of 1 smaller ancestry which has an option they can pick at level 1 to be of small and not tiny size, which is something I would go along with.
Something else which will be important and comes with my personal tastes (which might hurt some peoples feelings) would be the topic of gender. Since I want to have fun as well, I will limit the options here and even make changes to all NPC's if needed. There will only be females and futas (by my definition this includes a penis, vagina and internal testicles). Please remember or think about it. Every NPC where it might be remotely possible to land in bed with them (or wherever one wants to have fun) would be played by me. And playing as or against something that is no fun for me will quickly be a game breaker or constantly fade to black which in turn will be no fun for any of you.
There are 2 character builders know about:
  • Wanderer's Guide is free (but needs a Google or Reddit-account) if you only need a few character-slots and offers all rules including optional rules. Biggest drawback is the limited server infrastructure which makes it a bit slow
  • Pathbuilder is free as well but locks some advanced (optional) rules behind payment
Since I want to use the "Free Archetype" as well as "Automatic Bonus Progression", I think Wanderer's Guide is the better option.

Character Page
OOC Thread

Last edited:
I’m watching out for this. Gonna make a Futa, but need to think on her as a character.

So, I wonder... What do you say to a Gnome Druid with two animal companions?

Or I can bring a Healer, a cleric...

Interested! Probably a human of some type or humanlike race. Futa, martial inclined. Fighter, ranger, barbarian, thaumaturge, no real order of preference there.

Fair warning I’ll most likely go for a monk fighter or paladin. I can’t do casters well. Or I can, but I need to learn. I’m just trying to figure out how to have it match with the setting of the game.

So, I wonder... What do you say to a Gnome Druid with two animal companions?

Or I can bring a Healer, a cleric...
Well, I am unaware of any Level-1-builds allowing 2 animal companions. Strict by the rules and own experiences with 1 companion, that would be a gigantic drain on the available actions. Not that I have yet a real idea on how to best tackle combats which are an integral part of the whole adventure. Not saying nothing else is possible, depending on the encounter and players. Experiencing it with my online-group I am running where an adult joke is the most XXX that happens every now and then.

Fair warning I’ll most likely go for a monk fighter or paladin. I can’t do casters well. Or I can, but I need to learn. I’m just trying to figure out how to have it match with the setting of the game.
"monk, fighter or paladin" or "monk/fighter or monk/paladin"?
The second is not really possible as multiclassing as in D&D or pathfinder 1 is not available. I am happy to go in more details since it is not impossible but the simple explanation is, you stick with a class from Level 1 to 20. That is not the whole explanation just very simplified, leaving out a mechanic called Archetypes which include "multiclassing".

Just a single one of any class. I’ve never been big on multiclassing. That being said is there a players guide we can have?

Well, I am unaware of any Level-1-builds allowing 2 animal companions. Strict by the rules and own experiences with 1 companion, that would be a gigantic drain on the available actions. Not that I have yet a real idea on how to best tackle combats which are an integral part of the whole adventure. Not saying nothing else is possible, depending on the encounter and players. Experiencing it with my online-group I am running where an adult joke is the most XXX that happens every now and then.
Not really sure about 2e rules, but a gnome level 1 ancestry feat is Animal Accomplice. While there is a a druidic first level feat of Animal Companion... Obviously with the Animal Whisperer background...

But if we aiming for a full futa party, I can do that too with the healer. :)

With that in mind, I will go Thaumaturge then! Just need to think of a fun character for that class.

Just a single one of any class. I’ve never been big on multiclassing. That being said is there a players guide we can have?
I will put up some links to some things in a bit. The players guide for it among it.

Not really sure about 2e rules, but a gnome level 1 ancestry feat is Animal Accomplice. While there is a a druidic first level feat of Animal Companion... Obviously with the Animal Whisperer background...
I looked into it. Gnomes are an ancestry that runs for me personally under the radar... not interesting to me for the few games where I can play.
The Heritage you speak off indeed gives a follower but not an animal companion but a familiar. Speaking from a pure rules-perspective, if you would not pick a class gaining familiars or invest otherwise somehow into it, that one would be mostly fluff.

But if we aiming for a full futa party, I can do that too with the healer. :)
Why do I have to suddenly think heal-slut? Dunno... just random thoughts I guess.

If anyone has any good images for a fighter that would help me. Futa or otherwise. Looking for a human. In the meantime, I need to relearn how to make a fighter for 2E

Last edited:
Hmm. Would always love to play some 2e. I'm thinking maybe a half-orc magus.

Born in Otari she's always been a bit of an outcast. She's driften between bandit gangs, cults, and other lowlife activities.

Caught by guards she was sent to spend some years in the dungoens in Absalom before Wrin Sivinxi bought her free. She now collects information and treasure for Wrin.

Okay. Looking at it there are 5 people having an interest in this.
That is enough for things to start and more characters should not actively go in there in my experience.

I guess I can look into setting up the needed actual threads for proper organization.

A rough Character Page is done.

Last edited:
I think I got my character figured out. I’m trying to make her a two handed weapon fighter.

I think I got my character figured out. I’m trying to make her a two handed weapon fighter.
Thats good.
I made a character-thread and it is linked in the opening. I should throw in NPC's in there as needed as well ... and look into sorting out what other threads are needed and where to open them. If no one jumps off, the normal number of characters for the Adventure Path are together as well. The issue of fights and how to do them aside, I know from own experience, 3 people are not enough, it can get rather deadly and few enemies are a good choice for waking up in some kind of prison and fun exchanges with the jailor.

Are all classes on the table. I know that sometimes dms limits some like gunslinger for rarity of the weapon.

Gunslinger would be the one I'd actually limit. It doesn't make sense to me in this place... and most places are not big anyway. Longbows will almost everywhere have penalties due to the short distances.

If you are still accepting characters, then I'd love to join in here.

I'm quite familiar with PF2 and have GM'ed quite a bit. As a player, I've started AV once, but it never got beyond the first mitflit fight.

I'm considering two different options:

1. Femboy elf rogue(or some other char based martial)
  2. Futa human champion (or perhaps a barbarian?)
I could also go for a caster class if there's need for it in the party.

If you are still accepting characters, then I'd love to join in here.

I'm quite familiar with PF2 and have GM'ed quite a bit. As a player, I've started AV once, but it never got beyond the first mitflit fight.

I'm considering two different options:

1. Femboy elf rogue(or some other char based martial)
  2. Futa human champion (or perhaps a barbarian?)
I could also go for a caster class if there's need for it in the party.
Well, so far I know about 2 characters. The Magus I can not look at since it is private but they most likely are a close quarters fighter of some design, adding magic to their fighting. Then we have a healer due to a cleric. Others are hinted at in this thread but nothing more so it is impossible to really say. More than 2 dedicated close range fighters are likely not overly useful. Really long range neither. But you likely have seen an idea of how rooms look like until the first mitflit fight..

As for the ideas... the first one will not land in bed with any NPC's since femboys are of no interest to me.

Alright. I hadn't considered the femboy issue :D I will shy away from that one then.

I've also looked at some of the comments in the thread and the love for martial characters. I don't want to encroach on anyone's territory - and I'm perfectly capable of playing a spellcaster, so I'm going to go in that direction. Just need to figure out Ancestry, Background and Class:

Ancestry: Human (Futa)
Background: Starwatcher (from the AP)
Class: Wizard

Can I add my character to the Character Page you've made?

Feel free to do so. In the worst case, characters there will have to be deleted/ignored. Which I hope will not happen.
Having a Starwatcher in the group is good... so at least 1 character does know and understand why Wrin is not doing the investigation on her own and is not coming with the group. In addition to her lack of combat skills/spells.

I was thinking of going investigator or alchemist. Havent had a lot of experience with either so building from level one would be educational.

Back
Top Bottom