Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Notice Rule #4 adjustment (Minimum age of characters in adult situations).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well unless you and everyone else complaining own the site then that's how it is going to be. Don't have to like it. But you can't change it and frankly 100% support staff. They deserve better than this. Vekseid worked COUNTLESS hours just to get the site and everyone's stories back when the site crashed. I didn't see anyone else doing that.
sweet 16? Right over your head. Take off your shining armor for two seconds mate

Edit: And now this thread is stale. If someone wants to sit there and cry about their fictional character being 16 and not 15, you are seriously someone I do not wish to write with anyway.

I’ll leave the strangers and freaks to the remains of this thread.

Admins do not want to have to lock this thread. People are free to discuss this matter until their fingers bleed, but it must stay civil and any snarky or sarcastic comments in any direction from here on will result in this thread getting locked. So take a moment before you post on this thread again on if it actually benefits a discussion in any way.

No one here has made any valid points as to why 15 should be the minimum age. All that has happened here is that there has been a lot of attacking, fighting, and joking against each other. That is not okay. Bullying other members in a public thread is not appropriate. If you're an adult, and I sure hope you are, you should know better.

16 is only one year. It's okay. It is not the end of the world; it is not an infringement on your rights. I'll agree with some here: when you signed up, you agreed to the rules, but newsflash, they change, and that's okay. It means that the staff understands the need for change; they periodically update all the rules here based on trends and situations. This is the same for workplaces, other websites, and let's not forget our good old friend "terms and conditions." It's a part of growth.

A lot of you have stated that this is detrimental to the story without realizing that what you are requesting is still well within the realm of what you write. You want to write high schoolers --- you still can. That hasn't been stripped from you. I'd also like to point out, half of you don't put the age in your posts they are primarily in buried character sheets you'll probably never look at again. It may help if you sit down with yourself and ask: " Am I here for the age or the story?" That may help you make your final decision.

Additionally, no one here is kink-shaming your need to roleplay at 15. Again, things change. It's important to accept that. Change is inevitable; you don't have to like it, you don't even have to accept it. But it's happening all around us, all the time. I am so sorry if you feel like this was your one constant and that this issue was something you disagree with. But it's happening, and we will all be better for it.

No one here has made any valid points as to why 15 should be the minimum age. All that has happened here is that there has been a lot of attacking, fighting, and joking against each other. That is not okay. Bullying other members in a public thread is not appropriate. If you're an adult, and I sure hope you are, you should know better.

16 is only one year. It's okay. It is not the end of the world; it is not an infringement on your rights. I'll agree with some here: when you signed up, you agreed to the rules, but newsflash, they change, and that's okay. It means that the staff understands the need for change; they periodically update all the rules here based on trends and situations. This is the same for workplaces, other websites, and let's not forget our good old friend "terms and conditions." It's a part of growth.

A lot of you have stated that this is detrimental to the story without realizing that what you are requesting is still well within the realm of what you write. You want to write high schoolers --- you still can. That hasn't been stripped from you. I'd also like to point out, half of you don't put the age in your posts they are primarily in buried character sheets you'll probably never look at again. It may help if you sit down with yourself and ask: " Am I here for the age or the story?" That may help you make your final decision.

Additionally, no one here is kink-shaming your need to roleplay at 15. Again, things change. It's important to accept that. Change is inevitable; you don't have to like it, you don't even have to accept it. But it's happening all around us, all the time. I am so sorry if you feel like this was your one constant and that this issue was something you disagree with. But it's happening, and we will all be better for it.
One hundred percent agree.

At this point this thread is pointless, all of you are boomeranging the same not points as points. Fact is its just creepy in every way. If this is making you not want to be here, please leave and stop complaining, do everyone a favor. Otherwise, kindly move on with your lives.

I thought you were leaving on page 1? Your points are just as ignorant as everyone else's here.

Bottom Line is this: Staff wants the age to be 16, it's 16. Doesn't matter why, what they said in the past or what happens later. Perspectives change with experience and age. Do you like everything you did when you were seven, or ten, or even a few years ago? Not likely.

I am legit imploring staff to just lock this thread.

I thought you were leaving on page 1? Your points are just as ignorant as everyone else's here.

Bottom Line is this: Staff wants the age to be 16, it's 16. Doesn't matter why, what they said in the past or what happens later. Perspectives change with experience and age. Do you like everything you did when you were seven, or ten, or even a few years ago? Not likely.

I am legit imploring staff to just lock this thread.
OH SO SORRY YOU WANT TO STIFLE DEBATE.. No I never said I wanted to leave, please show me where i said that? I do think you are confusing reality with fantasy, if you dont know the difference then well, then best of luck batman

Sadly, I will be taking my plays elsewhere where it falls fouls of these rules, so I don't expect to be using blue moon so much in the future. I think a lot of plays will be going private in the near future, which is a shame. I fail to understand why these rules are being imposed on consensual rp, and despite what's been said it will rise to 17 then 18 respectfully in the same way as it rose from 13 to 14 and 14 to 15.

I really think this needs looking at again, I really don't see why it should affect private plays at all, no one except the consenting players see these, it seems very Draconian to control people's escapism in this way and I feel the rule makers are simply bowing to the few who want to control masses, what they think and do to conform with their own small minds. One of the great things about this site was its leniency in content.

Sadly also any links to sites like F-list where someone mentions or assumes characters under 16 will also fall foul of this yet they are totally separate sites, so everyone needs to make sure those links are now amanded or the links removed..`

I do believe that the first line even sentence says you will be taking your plays elsware when playing under age? So... why not just stay there and do everyone a favor?

I'm not stifling debate, but debate would imply that people are listening to one another and trying to advance something. Nobody here is listening to anyone correct? CORRECT. So, enjoy "debating" with the others who don't want to listen to anyone else's opinions.

I do believe that the first line even sentence says you will be taking your plays elsware when playing under age? So... why not just stay there and do everyone a favor?

I'm not stifling debate, but debate would imply that people are listening to one another and trying to advance something. Nobody here is listening to anyone correct? CORRECT. So, enjoy "debating" with the others who don't want to listen to anyone else's opinions.
You only want to listen to your own opinions and no one elses .. and you insult me by telling me to go elsewhere and to stay there.. thats really nasty and insulting and demeaning and discriminating. to the point, I'm reporting your post as bullying.

You're welcome to.

I think you forcing your opinion down everyone's throat is bullying and extremely offensive and sickening.

You're welcome to.

I think you forcing your opinion down everyone's throat is bullying and extremely offensive and sickening.
Reported this as well as a bullying post, I was bullied as a child and swore I would never let it happen in my adult life, so I will call it out where ever

Good change. Long-time needed.

I personally wish for it to be raised all the way to eighteen but I know that would ruffle too many feathers.

The thread's getting heated so I am going to lock it over night to let people take a step back, let them cool off, and if people have grievances about the rule the thread will be unlocked tomorrow morning some time. Please do not continue the arguments herein or pursue other people through PM to harass them or continue any debates.

Thank you.

Admins are unlocking the thread for discussion. We do not want to limit who can post their opinion on this matter. However, anymore inflammatory, aggressively negative, rude or sarcastic posts that do not contribute to the discussion will be removed for negativity/toxicity. If you don't have anything civil to add, do not post.

Well, I, for one, think this is a step in the right direction. For what it's worth, anyway. It's not gonna appease the 18+ only character crowd, but it's a step closer to that. I fall into the camp of only wanting to play characters 18 and up, and I'm satisfied with this change. Big thank you to the staff for this decision, and for putting up with the opposition.

Ugh I hate ret-cons… but I have no choice, so… here we go. 🤦🏻‍♀️

So you have to be over 18 to be on this site. Do that many people really look back at the 'glory days' of puberty that fondly that they need to write about it? Long overdue, and makes this place less creepy. Adults WRITING about kids SEXUALLY as much as any other sexually related activity, and be charged with the appropriate crimes. Just my 2 cents.
Great rule, and great at letting some questionable folks loose their shit and self identify.

If writing about it due to trauma... I am really sorry, and I hope you get the help you need. But it is triggering to others. No just a 'don't like'.

I came back just to support this MASSIVELY factual post. Thank you for standing up for writing and escapism, which is what we are all here for. I don't see staff changing their stance on this, but I am absolutely glad to see there are people out there who are against this censorship. Keep up the good fight.

What's ironic is how staff here stated they were against raising the age from the previous 13 years old to 15 years old (see here, here, and here) because of the same issues we are currently raising, yet here they are raising it again without any community pressure, showing that they clearly can't be trusted to stand by their own word. I have absolutely no intention of trusting that this will be the final increase of age, and I don't support this in the slightest even if it was.

I will quote @Vekseid :

Yet it's somehow wrong for people to describe their 15-year-old childhood. Go figure.

Keep up this mindset; we need more people like you in the world.
I usually don’t keep up with the site’s politics, so I appreciate the links and extra reading. I wasn’t a member here the first time this happened, so I wasn’t aware of what went down back then.

Thanks for making it more accessible for those of us who don’t participate in the forums much.

So you have to be over 18 to be on this site. Do that many people really look back at the 'glory days' of puberty that fondly that they need to write about it? Long overdue, and makes this place less creepy. Adults WRITING about kids SEXUALLY as much as any other sexually related activity, and be charged with the appropriate crimes. Just my 2 cents.
Great rule, and great at letting some questionable folks loose their shit and self identify.

If writing about it due to trauma... I am really sorry, and I hope you get the help you need. But it is triggering to others. No just a 'don't like'.
Devil advocate.. dont read it? While I am indifferent to the rule itself...the idea of placating to people triggered is dumb? There are kinks I don't grok..but I'm not gonna demand it be removed.

Be charged with the appropirate crimes? It's fictional writing ..its not that serious. Just like it's not serious portraying a serial killer. Call it outlet, creative writing or therapy for some.

We adapt and shall continue onward with our stories.

Thought crimes aren't real. Writing fiction isn't illegal. I do remember when the site went from 13 to 15 and now this. I'm not going to complain because it's not going to change anything. People who want to do ageplay and all that will find somewhere else but I am sure Blue Moon will continue to go on strong. I disagree with the choices made, but that's not going to stop me from writing with great people on this site. I hope the mods do not have to deal with too much vitriol from this decision. It is for their site's safety and what they believe is the safety of others.

first-time-youll-get-used-to-it.gif

My thought remembering this about 10 years ago.

Edit:: If sweet DA as admin had to deal with stuff over the 13 to 15..Staff unfortunately will too.

I usually don’t keep up with the site’s politics, so I appreciate the links and extra reading. I wasn’t a member here the first time this happened, so I wasn’t aware of what went down back then.

Thanks for making it more accessible for those of us who don’t participate in the forums much.
I can't wait for the staff to ban rape next, because that's also illegal, then murder, then furry. If they're banning this, they had better ban the rest, too. This is completely about control, kink-shaming, and censorship. Staff can say otherwise as much as they want, but that's the fact. There are other things allowed on this site which are "illegal" just as much as this (despite this not actually being illegal in writing; just ask that other roleplaying site I mentioned, earlier, which had FBI scrutinise it and give it the all-clear).

This is simply because staff don't like it, so they want to ban it for everyone. "Simple as", as one of the staff members said to me at some point; back at you.

Yes, it's a private site, but it's meaningless without people who enjoy it. Don't forget, we don't have to stay here. I've already seen people on the other site I already mentioned, solely due to this censorship which is fully BMR's self-inflicted fault.

If you want to ban this for being illegal (again, it's not), then you had better hope you ban the rest of the "illegal" kinks, too, hypocrites.

Right, I've debated even chiming in here. Just to clarify, I am personally ambivalent about this change.

I just want to put out there that we do not know why staff made this decision, and that there are numerous possible reasons between legal compliance and personal preference.

If the owner of the physical servers BlueMoon is on has changed their TOS, obviously staff will have to comply with that.

And just because it's not illegal doesn't mean that a lawsuit can still fuck up someone's life. Lawyers cost money, lawsuits at the very least cost time, even if you win it.
None of the staff are under any obligation to risk either time or money.
Even if it is completely legal, obviously so, and any lawsuit would easily be won by staff, there are still risks. There is a difference between what is legal, and what people believe to be morally correct. Any of the staff could come out of a lawsuit victorious and still face Vicious backlash in their lives because they are now falsely being labeled as pedophiles and other things by the public, by friends or family.

They are under absolutely no obligation to take that risk, no matter how small. They bear the costs of this website and keep it running.

I would much rather accept an ever so slightly more restrictive rule than have this site shut down because Veks runs out of money and time defending themselves in court.

I can't wait for the staff to ban rape next, because that's also illegal, then murder, then furry. If they're banning this, they had better ban the rest, too. This is completely about control, kink-shaming, and censorship. Staff can say otherwise as much as they want, but that's the fact. There are other things allowed on this site which are "illegal" just as much as this (despite this not actually being illegal in writing; just ask that other roleplaying site I mentioned, earlier, which had FBI scrutinise it and give it the all-clear).

This is simply because staff don't like it, so they want to ban it for everyone. "Simple as", as one of the staff members said to me at some point; back at you.

Yes, it's a private site, but it's meaningless without people who enjoy it. Don't forget, we don't have to stay here. I've already seen people on the other site I already mentioned, solely due to this censorship which is fully BMR's self-inflicted fault.

If you want to ban this for being illegal (again, it's not), then you had better hope you ban the rest of the "illegal" kinks, too, hypocrites.
If we were to ban it for everyone, then staff just would've raised the minimum age to 18+. BMR is one of the very few sites that I'm aware of, that allows RP with characters under 18. The talk of banning something is a little off point since you're just stating what you believe to be the truth, which is your right. Unfortunately you are wrong. As originally stated, the age will not be raised past 16, believe it or not, again, that's your right, but continuing to spread the rumors of banning rape, murder, etc. is just members being salty about the change. We are not banning underage RP. The use of the word just shows that you're upset about something else entirely that hasn't and will not happen.

Staff does not change/amend rules just because "we want to".

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom