Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Question Threadmarks for PMs

Rising Of The Moon

Super-Earth
Since I don't really find any info on the topic:
Is it possible to place threadmarks in PMs? If bot, could that possibly be added as a feature?

I have a few RPs going on over PMs which are long enough to make searching for a specific scene to read again quite an effort. ^^;;

It's not currently possible to do so in PM's and the clue is kind of in the name. They are threadmarks after all. Still, not to be snarky for no reason, I agree that added functionality to PM's would always be a good thing but I don't think that's likely to happen for similar reasons to why the ability to edit PM's long-term is a supporter-only feature.

Now...if you added Threadmarks in PMs as an additional supporter benefit... :)

the clue is kind of in the name. They are threadmarks after all
Sure, I could have gone "Is there a way to mark specific posts in a private conversation for easier navigation?"
But why bother if "Threadmarks in PM?" conveys the same thing more concisely, and everyone immediately knows what I'm on about.

As for them being a thing, this thread talks about them as if they were, as does this one, and I personally haven't found any pinned post by staff which clearly shows what benefits supporters get and, since I only recently learned that supporters can permanently edit PMs, I figured it might also be the case with pinning PMs, hence the question.

Hmmm...looks like I can (as a Supporter, at least) add Threadmarks in PMs.

Don't know that I can add them as I go, but I can certainly add them retrospectively and back-date them.

No idea if they've been there for ages and I just never noticed until now, of if they've only been added recently...but still cool. :)

The results of some heavily non-scientific testing of my own (meaning I looked at two different, distinct PM threads) showed me that you can add threadmarks to PMs, so long as the PM thread was started by you. If another member started it, you cannot add threadmarks.

Again, not exactly a large sample size, and I don't know if that changes based on supporter role or length of a member's presence on the site. Just what I've found.

Bit of a newer account here and I can confirm I can add threadmarks to PMs started by myself, but not ones started by others.

Seems a bit odd, but I guess you could ask the other person to make a threadmark if you need one but they started the conversation.

Huh. Now that is good to know, thanks folks.

It would be really nice if we could give others the ability to add marks in PMs we started though.

Last edited:
Huh. Now that is good to know, thanks folks.

It would be really nice if we could give others the ability to add marks in PMs we started though.

You should just be able to put in threadmarks for what your partner wants.

I suppose I could poke Xon about it but it becomes a lot more complicated very quickly, Xenforo doesn't have the concept of multiple people owning something unfortunately.

Yeah, that's what we settled on, though in my particular case they started the PM and I can't do it myself. But seeing as that PM is already 35 pages and 865 posts long, I feel like I can't just expect them to do all the work.
If it could be changed, great. If not or if it's just too much hassle, no big deal. Thanks in any case for taking the time. :)

Back
Top Bottom