Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Suggestion More than 20 pictures in a post??

Khira

ɴᴏᴛ ʙʀᴏᴋᴇɴ, ᴊᴜꜱᴛ ʙᴇɴᴛ
Designer
Would it be possible to increase the number of pictures we can add in one post?

It's so frustrating to have to split things up into multiple posts or have to create a collage of pictures in order to make a post look the way I want. It happens so rarely that I don't quite understand why there is a limit in the first place. From what I can see, the majority of the members here don't add a lot of photos in their posts anyway. I'd say at least 50 would be nice, if not unlimited -- for those rare occasions it happens : )

I'm trying to add a few roleplay replies in one post as an intro post instead of having to spam a thread with old replies, but of course, I've surpassed the limit already (3/10 replies in), as each reply has 3 - 8 pictures in them.

This would be a question to ask @Vekseid. More than likely I'd assume there is a reason there is a limit since images tend to take up space.

I know, I know. But I just figured that 50 pictures in one post compared to 50 pictures divided in 3 posts take up the same amount of space on the server..? 🙈
But we figured it out. I don’t mind splitting it up, it just would have been nice to not “worry” about it if it should happen. It happens so rarely anyways. I often forget in-between, like “oh, that’s right, there’s a limit”. By the next time I go over, I’m reminded again 😅 But it’s not a major issue, I was just wondering since I don’t think that many use that many pictures in the first place.

Just to make sure, are you adding images by uploading them to Bluemoon itself, or are you linking to images on e.g. Imgur? If you aren't already, the latter might help overcome your problem, though it does of course leave you dependent on said hosting site and its content policies.

@Siph It is just image links from websites like Pinterest and stuff. I do not upload pictures directly from my computer.

This would be a question to ask @Vekseid. More than likely I'd assume there is a reason there is a limit since images tend to take up space.

It's not that they take up space, but a consideration for people with weaker machines and/or slower connections. Technology marches forward and I can increase it but there does need to be a limit.

What I really ought to do is turn on the gallery.

It's not that they take up space, but a consideration for people with weaker machines and/or slower connections. Technology marches forward and I can increase it but there does need to be a limit.

What I really ought to do is turn on the gallery.

Ahh, that makes sense!

Back
Top Bottom